Think plan A ..for the bills

Just now, bufrock j said:

take out DL and add WR and then its right on

I disagree.  Still need a DT and DE on the DLine.  Get the trenches squared away before before you go after skill positions.

11 minutes ago, Ramza86 said:

It most certainly does have an effect. There is such thing as too high a price. 

You can say this and that....but if you give up the farm and miss. You are done as an NFL GM. 

You're assuming the Bills will have to give up this hypothetical farm to get their guy. I never said that. I said what the Jets are doing shouldn't effect Plan A, if Plan A is to go get their guy. That should still be the plan.

Well, never finding your QB will also do that. 

Just now, Wayne Cubed said:

You're assuming the Bills will have to give up this hypothetical farm to get their guy. I never said that. I said what the Jets are doing shouldn't effect Plan A, if Plan A is to go get their guy. That should still be the plan.

Well, never finding your QB will also do that. 

This is true. If we end up trading outside of 4 we may not have to risk the farm. 

35 minutes ago, Pete said:

coupled with Wood retirement.   Going into off season Dawkins-Richie-Wood-Vlad-Mills/Cordy looked pretty nice.  Dawkins-Vlad-Groy-Miller-Mills is hideous.  You are fooling yourself if you do not think Oline just got bumped up on priority list

Very much agree that if Richie actually is gone that OL will be bumped up the list.

But not past QB. 

Just now, Tatonka68 said:

Trade a ton of picks for one player that "might" turn out and probably will not even play in 2018. Great idea. Stay at 12 and take QB and use other picks on a ILB and OL. 

Yes, it is indeed a great idea ... assuming it is a guy who they believe have a good shot at becoming a franchise QB.

• Like (+1) 2

56 minutes ago, TucsonBillsFan said:

Think plan A for the #Bills was to trade up high, take a top QB. But considering entirety of offseason--Wood retires, Richie retires, Jets lock out spot/raise price of trade, lack of clear-cut standout QB(s)--I think Plan B (sit tight, use all picks) could soon become Plan A.

via treet Thad brown

link. https://mobile.twitter.com/thadbrown7?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

The only thing I have to say is.. This off season has been terrible,losing our two best lineman in a matter of months because of health issues is a punch in the face.

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I disagree.  Still need a DT and DE on the DLine.  Get the trenches squared away before before you go after skill positions.

full squad on DL including backups   not saying no need but more than WR ? have you looked at depth chart on receivers     yikes    then take a look at LB's depth                                     order is QB LB OL WR   its looking like we need all our picks    gimme JACKSON

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, bufrock j said:

full squad on DL including backups   not saying no need but more than WR ? have you looked at depth chart on receivers     yikes    then take a look at LB's depth                                     order is QB LB OL WR   its looking like we need all our picks    gimme JACKSON

Don't get me wrong, our WR talent is lacking.  No one will confuse this team with the 1999 St. Louis Rams.  My personal view is to solidify the defense front 7 and the OL first, as games are won and lost in the trenches.  A star WR will do little good if the QB is either on his back or running for his life, as well as if the opposing offense runs through our defense like they did vs the Saints this past season.

Edited by Happy Gilmore

1 hour ago, TucsonBillsFan said:

I agree with you 100% I'm just frustrated because We are losing all are Best O-Line Dudes...

We All Knew Riche was Unhappy. I think he will play  for the bills IF they  throw him more money of course.

Remember money fixes all wounds in today's world

It don't fix kidney and liver failure

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, TucsonBillsFan said:

Think plan A for the #Bills was to trade up high, take a top QB. But considering entirety of offseason--Wood retires, Richie retires, Jets lock out spot/raise price of trade, lack of clear-cut standout QB(s)--I think Plan B (sit tight, use all picks) could soon become Plan A.

via treet Thad brown

link. https://mobile.twitter.com/thadbrown7?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

If the bills trade away their picks to move up high and get a QB, top 5, let's say.......I can see our new franchise QB getting destroyed next season given the OL and everyone calling him a bust.    They should be patient, wait for a QB to fall and, if not, address all needs in the draft with the current picks. 

2 hours ago, Wayne Cubed said:

The Bills were possibly ready to let Ritchie walk if he didn't take a pay cut, so I don't get how that changes Plan A.

The Jets trading up has no effect on Plan A, if Plan A is to identify your guy and go get him. The Bills can still plan on doing it. Whether they are able to is another matter.

"There are 4 very good/great QBs. There isn't consensus on who's the best. That doesn't mean none of them are good enough to become franchise QBS. And even if there was a consensus on the best, the Bills aren't selecting 1st overall, so would have no chance at getting that guy. 

This is an interesting concept. There certainly is a consensus that Rosen is the most NFL-ready QB coming out so is it a prospect's ceiling (potential) that makes him the best? Hard to quantify future projections. 

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

It would be ridiculous and shortsighted to alter QB draft plans based on the retirement of RI at 34 years old as discussed in other threads.

I agree with this but I also think staying at 12 or a small trade up is still the better idea.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, K-9 said:

This is an interesting concept. There certainly is a consensus that Rosen is the most NFL-ready QB coming out so is it a prospect's ceiling (potential) that makes him the best? Hard to quantify future projections. 

It’s a difficult one. You put 4 good/great prospects together in a draft and you don’t get a consensus. That was always going to happen, imo. You put any of those guys in the 2013 draft and bam, there’s consensus, I would imagine. I’d say it’s very rare that there is consensus unless the players in that group are far less talented.

I agree that Rosen is the most NFL ready QB coming out but then for some it’s their ceiling that makes them the best.

7 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

It’s a difficult one. You put 4 good/great prospects together in a draft and you don’t get a consensus. That was always going to happen, imo. You put any of those guys in the 2013 draft and bam, there’s consensus, I would imagine. I’d say it’s very rare that there is consensus unless the players in that group are far less talented.

I agree that Rosen is the most NFL ready QB coming out but then for some it’s their ceiling that makes them the best.

Yeah, I hear that. 

I don't put much stock into ceiling projections. To my way of thinking, those guys will need a couple seasons, minimum, to get to where Rosen already is in terms of readiness and I also think Rosen will improve as well. Even though he is taking off from a much higher elevation. 

Plan A is go up and get Josh Rosen

Plan B is go and get Sam Darnold

Plan C is go and get Baker Mayfield

Plan D ,with the remaining picks , trade back acquire some more picks

Plan E fill the hole at LB, OL, WR and other positions of which we will have plenty of picks after plans A,B,C

Plan  F watch the waiver wire and remember that you can't build a team in one year