Richie Incognito Retires Via Twitter - Now Confirmed

Virgil

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Patients with less than 10% body fat and a BMI of over 40 are the rarest of human beings.  Clearly Incognito is NOT one of those people.

BMI isn't perfect, but combined with body composition and metrics like waist to hip ratio, it's not difficult at all to classify the vast majority of people as overweight, obese or morbidly obese.

By those measures combined, I have no doubt that RI is in fact morbidly obese, trust me.

Do you work in medicine? 

Edited by horned dogs

This depresses me big time.  Another hole in what seems like a sea of them.

I think the odds of us trading up just went to slim to none.

Which might be a blessing in disguise.  Now we may stand pat and just draft 6 players in the first 3 rounds.

Ain't nothing wrong with that.

Still, what is our OL going to look like?  And will they be able to block a Lego?

49 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Patients with less than 10% body fat and a BMI of over 40 are the rarest of human beings.  Clearly Incognito is NOT one of those people.

BMI isn't perfect, but combined with body composition and metrics like waist to hip ratio, it's not difficult at all to classify the vast majority of people as overweight, obese or morbidly obese.

By those measures combined, I have no doubt that RI is in fact morbidly obese, trust me.

"Never trust a man who says trust me" OTOH, I do know that many NFL linemen are asked to be obese - so really we're quibbling about the adjective attached to it.

51 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

It's not.

Well, now just goes to show education can be shared!

Chronic rhabdomyolysis:

http://n.neurology.org/content/86/16_Supplement/P5.064

http://www.ajconline.org/article/S0002-9149(07)00082-3/pdf

https://spacedoc.com/articles/chronic-rhabdomyolysis

Check your CoQ10 supplementation and look for mutations in your RYR1 gene :blink::P

WEO may have a better theory for what's going down

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

"Never trust a man who says trust me" OTOH, I do know that many NFL linemen are asked to be obese - so really we're quibbling about the adjective attached to it.

Chronic rhabdomyolysis:

Check your CoQ10 supplementation and look for mutations in your RYR1 gene :blink::P

Name an OL that isn't morbidly obese. 

And as WEO said, he likely has fatty liver from excessive carb intake, which can lead to cirrhosis, and a high protein +/- creatine diet can lead to kidney damage.  Since he said he wouldn't be coming back even with a new deal and the abruptness of this, I believe him when he says he's retiring for health reasons.

10 minutes ago, Doc said:

Name an OL that isn't morbidly obese. 

And as WEO said, he likely has fatty liver from excessive carb intake, which can lead to cirrhosis, and a high protein +/- creatine diet can lead to kidney damage.  Since he said he wouldn't be coming back even with a new deal and the abruptness of this, I believe him when he says he's retiring for health reasons.

Meh. He seemingly gave an ultimatum and then got called on it and pushed the chips in that it was his choice. 

Not that it matters really...

13 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Meh. He seemingly gave an ultimatum and then got called on it and pushed the chips in that it was his choice. 

Not that it matters really...

Firing the agent(s), not hiring new ones, and then retiring suddenly suggests to me that he's really retiring over health reasons.  His only choices at this point are retire of play for the Bills.

19 minutes ago, Doc said:

Firing the agent(s), not hiring new ones, and then retiring suddenly suggests to me that he's really retiring over health reasons.  His only choices at this point are retire of play for the Bills.

His liver disease isn't chronic and most likely only manifested as a mild elevation in his transaminases.    Hardly "liver failure".

If he's spilling protein in his urine it's likely because he has or is getting diabetes.  That's not "kidney failure".

I'm sure RI's been warned in the past by his doctor about his unhealthy weight (no matter how prized it is in the NFL at that position) and he is pointing to mildly abnormal lab data to, as No Saint concluded, cover for his rash decisions this post season.

15 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

His liver disease isn't chronic and most likely only manifested as a mild elevation in his transaminases.    Hardly "liver failure".

If he's spilling protein in his urine it's likely because he has or is getting diabetes.  That's not "kidney failure".

I'm sure RI's been warned in the past by his doctor about his unhealthy weight (no matter how prized it is in the NFL at that position) and he is pointing to mildly abnormal lab data to, as No Saint concluded, cover for his rash decisions this post season.

He obviously embellished the extent of the damage to his organs, but I have no doubt there is damage.  I doubt however that anyone believed he was in imminent danger of dying. 

As for his "rash decisions," what are you talking about? 

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Chronic rhabdomyolysis:

Richie does not have that. 

In the medical community, if there's a one in 6 billion diagnosis, you do not make that diagnosis.

8 minutes ago, Doc said:

He obviously embellished the extent of the damage to his organs, but I have no doubt there is damage.  I doubt however that anyone believed he was in imminent danger of dying. 

As for his "rash decisions," what are you talking about? 

Firing his agents via twitter after he woke up one day and realized he didn't like the deal he willingly agreed to.

Quitting the NFL (also via twitter) with millions on the table and blaming it on mild chronic lab abnormalities and claiming he was in the throes of multi-organ failure...

Those rash decisions.

26 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Firing his agents via twitter after he woke up one day and realized he didn't like the deal he willingly agreed to.

Quitting the NFL (also via twitter) with millions on the table and blaming it on mild chronic lab abnormalities and claiming he was in the throes of multi-organ failure...

Those rash decisions.

Makes you think the CTE is starting to kick in.

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

Those rash decisions.

So let me get this straight.  RI took a pay cut a month ago but just within the past week discovered and/or got mad over it.  And because he really wanted that $1.675M he gave up, he's going to retire and give up $5M for 8 months of work, the last time he'll ever come close to making that much money in his life?  Yeah, that makes no sense. 

No, what makes sense is he recently visited the doctor and is (finally) worried about his health and decided he was going to retire, hence the reason he fired his agents ("a new direction") and then proclaimed it to the world.  In any case, his days of playing for the Bills are over.  You should be ecstatic. 

Just now, Doc said:

So let me get this straight.  RI took a pay cut a month ago but just within the past week discovered and/or got mad over it.  And because he really wanted that $1.675M he gave up, he's going to retire and give up $5M for 8 months of work, the last time he'll ever come close to making that much money in his life?  Yeah, that makes no sense. 

No, what makes sense is he recently visited the doctor and is (finally) worried about his health and decided he was going to retire, hence the reason he fired his agents ("a new direction") and then proclaimed it to the world.  In any case, his days of playing for the Bills are over.  You should be ecstatic. 

You're right--it makes no sense, hence the "rashness" of these acts.

You and I both know that there are no "new" lab results he would have seen that were so shocking that they  would suddenly make a guy like this decide his health is worth more than millions of dollars.

He will prove no great loss.  he was at the terminus of his career anyway and the Bills obviously knew this.

36 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Those rash decisions.

He was a Trump devotee at one point..

1 hour ago, Doc said:

To be fair- with his erratic behavior he may have not actually fired his agent (sending a nasty tweet doesn’t count)... and even if he did I believe there’s a brief window before you can hire another (cooling off period of sorts)

Firing the agent, allegedly saying he’d play at the right price and then saying the bills had til Sunday... leads me to believe he threatened and the bills said “sorry to hear that, let us know if your playing but it’ll be under the contract you just signed” and Ritchie then blew up his health problems.