Trouble in the Talley household?

4 minutes ago, Rico said:

“A whore in the bedroom.”?

It is a quote from New Jersey Senate candidate Phil Mitsch who lost his Republican Party support over a tweet in which he shared “good advice” for wives telling them to be “a lady in the living room and a whore in the bedroom”. 

5 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

It is a quote from New Jersey Senate candidate Phil Mitsch who lost his Republican Party support over a tweet in which he shared “good advice” for wives telling them to be “a lady in the living room and a whore in the bedroom”. 

He hardly invented that duality. It's been a saying in various forms for years. A lady in the streets, a freak in the sheets. 

I'm not sure, but her writing is... meh. I'm not sure if shes alluding to the senator in this instance as she seems to be serious about it rather than making a parody or social statement on it given her later line about no longer being sexually uninhibited with him.

Edited by Ol Dirty B

I’m not really sure what to make of that, but I know I’ll pray for them. Life isn’t always easy. Sometimes it’s ridiculously hard. And I’ll pray for them...

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 8

3 minutes ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

LAMP

If anything this is more of that than what the OP posted... It is a bit much on the speculative side, but I don't think it's like that at all. He's taking something publicly posted and commenting on it. It's actually what she'd probably want.

He's not claiming to have a source or make up weird details. Unless I'm mistaken and you're referring to her writing as LAMP, which that's a more fair reaction in my opinion

Edited by Ol Dirty B

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

Thats really the takeaway for you?

Definitely not... I don't know the talleys situation and what he may have done to her over the years 

Spousal abuse is terrible 

just saying that line was not needed at all

• Like (+1) 1

Are we really sure this is nonfiction? It may be, but to my relatively trained eye, this and her other stories read like someone trying to write a short piece for a literary fiction magazine. To wit: the March 26 entry -- https://www.janine-talley.com/blog/2018/3/26/birthday .

People really shouldn't leap to conclusions about this sort of stuff. Read the New Yorker's fiction essays long enough and you'll know what I mean. It may be that she's simply an aspiring writer.

Edited by dave mcbride