"Giants 'don't like' Josh Rosen".

23 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Wont make it happen.  He is going to have to kick in a premium.  the 50% premium is going to be 3900 points total.  So look for 2019 picks to make up the premium that will have to be paid.

As I said before, if the Giants are not willing to accept that offer then both teams simply move on. You can't get dizzy drunk on one QB being the end all be all of a franchise. If this were an Andrew Luck or Peyton Manning, then yes, by all means go crazy. But these QBs aren't on that prospect level. You just need to have the next plan in place and that'd be selecting a QB at a later pick...Jackson, Rudolph, Lauletta, etc... Then building your roster with the extra picks you still have.

Edited by 1billsfan

11 minutes ago, 1billsfan said:

As I said before, if the Giants are not willing to accept that offer then both teams simply move on. You can't get dizzy drunk on one QB being the end all be all of a franchise. If this were an Andrew Luck or Peyton Manning, then yes, by all means go crazy. But these QBs aren't on that prospect level. You just need to have the next plan in place and that'd be selecting a QB at a later pick...Jackson, Rudolph, Lauletta, etc... Then building your roster with the extra picks you still have.

You don't know that a few franchises don't view these QBs like Peyton / Luck. No one is going to show their cards and it only takes one team falling in love.

4 minutes ago, 1billsfan said:

They said the same about Wentz and Goff. 

We have settled for over 17 years at the most important position in football.  If OBD wants Rosen or even Mayfield GO GET HIM.  Why Settle on second round prospects when your entire two years has been about this moment.

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

We have settled for over 17 years at the most important position in football.  If OBD wants Rosen or even Mayfield GO GET HIM.  Why Settle on second round prospects when your entire two years has been about this moment.

If the Bills took a guy generally considered by ESPN to be "second tier", let's just say Rudolph for example, and he turned out to be the best guy in the group, would you still be mad we didn't trade up?

4 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

If the Bills took a guy generally considered by ESPN to be "second tier", let's just say Rudolph for example, and he turned out to be the best guy in the group, would you still be mad we didn't trade up?

If the Bills took a guy generally considered by ESPN to be "Second Tier', lets just say Rudolph for example and he turned out to be the worst guy in the group, would you still be mad we didn't trade up for a top prospect and settled YET AGAIN?

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

I wouldn’t say they have no shot. They could add a player to go along with the picks. Gronk maybe? I don’t see it happening, at least not gronkowski anyways, but the Patriots are always up to no good

I don't see any team offering up a lot for The Cretin when he's been contemplating retirement the past couple years and is breaking down.

11 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Clearly not.  But if the Giants trade the #2 pick to Miami, they take Rosen, he's the next Marino and we sit and take a second tier QB who busts, are you going to be mad?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Neither the Rams nor the Eagles were giving up three first round picks as it seems you're asking of the Bills. This is the difference, at some point you must step away from the bar and say I'm good. Good luck trying to rebuild a team to compete with the Eagles the next 10 years.

If the Giants like Webb a whole lot, they will take the trade value chart deal in a second.

Edited by 1billsfan
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

That is the deal. 

And I honestly have settled on it.  I'd do it.  But anything more than this the deal is off.  I'd let the Giants get on the clock Thursday the 26th and see what they really want to do.  We've already scouted other QB's.  Accept this or we'll draft another guy.  Even if we send the picks to someone else.  To me, it's that simple.  

3 minutes ago, 1billsfan said:

Neither the Rams nor the Eagles were giving up three first round picks as it seems you're asking of the Bills. This is the difference, at some point you must step away from the bar and say I'm good. Good luck trying to rebuild a team to compete with the Eagles the next 10 years.

If the Giants like Webb a whole lot, they will take the deal the trade value chart deal in a second.

The Rams and Eagles did give up 50% premium.  on their trade up.

If it takes an extra second to get your TOP QB then do it

Edited by MAJBobby

24 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

I just don't see much for the Giants to gain by smokescreening they don't like Rosen when they actually do, unless the Browns are legitimately looking into offers for #1.  I guess if the Jets are head over heels for Rosen and the Browns are equally fine with any one of 3 or 4 QBs, there's a chance they could flip 1 and 3.

I don't either truthfully

11 minutes ago, 1billsfan said:

If the Giants like Webb a whole lot, they will take the deal the trade value chart deal in a second.

The Titans got #15 / #43 / #45 / #76 / a next year 1st and a next year 3rd to go from 15 to 1.

Some combination of #12 / #22 / 2 or 3 of #53 - # 65 / 2019 pick isn't that far off.

2 minutes ago, 1billsfan said:

I agree, I'm all for getting a QB but we have to have our price.  There are guidelines out there.  Sure, we can go over the guidelines a little, but if they are asking us to bend over they're crazy.  Definitely, take a swing at a QB you want, but everything must be done according to some guidelines or else relationships can go bad.

12 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I don't either truthfully

I just don't think we would have put on the QB press we are putting on if we have been told none of the picks in the top 5 are available.  Sometimes information is a smokescreen to deceive another team, but other times it's floated to prep your fanbase for a move.  The Giants want to play poker with the pick, but they don't want their fans to be completely sold on a QB or Chubb / Barkley then yank the rug out.

1 minute ago, NewEraBills said:

I agree, I'm all for getting a QB but we have to have our price.  There are guidelines out there.  Sure, we can go over the guidelines a little, but if they are asking us to bend over they're crazy.  Definitely, take a swing at a QB you want, but everything must be done according to some guidelines or else relationships can go bad.

I also have a walkway price, however it includes a premium, that established overpayment that has occurred with Rams, Eagles and Jets trades.

8 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

The Rams and Eagles did give up 50% premium.  on their trade up.

If it takes an extra second to get your TOP QB then do it

See to me, you don't just let them set the price.  You see what they want and how far it is away from what you set as your initial price.  Then see if you can meet in the middle somewhere.  I look at it like I'm on a car lot.  I never pay full price for the car.  Never.  I tell the guy look, here is the window sticker, here's what I'll pay you.  I think it's a fair deal.  Then he says, well we are 8k difference, then I say I'll tell you what, I'll pitch in another 3k, take it or leave it.  I haven't found a car salesman who'd turn it down yet.  I've owned 5 automobiles.

To me this is the same thing.  How well do you negotiate from your price?  How well do they negotiate from their price?

Edited by NewEraBills

2 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

See to me, you don't just let them set the price.  You see what they want and how far it is away from what you set as your initial price.  Then see if you can meetin the middle someone.  I look at it like I'm on a car lot.  I never pay full price for the car.  Never.  I tell the guy look, here is the window sticker, here's what I'll pay you.  I think it's a fair deal.  Then he says, well we are 8k difference, then I say I'll tell you way, I'll pitch in another 3k, take it or leave it.  I haven't found a car salesman who'd turn it down yet.  I've owned 5 automobiles.

The Market is clearly set.  It has been set from Wentz, Goff trade ups.  there is a QB Premium on the picks, Jets paid it this year as well.  If you want to get up to there to get your QB (or any pick) you will be over the Draft Value chart by some premium.

You are the team that set this plan in motion a year ago.  The league knows that.  You passed on Mahommes and Watson to execute this plan, so you will making sure that you get a better prospect than either of those two, and that is the top 4.

Edited by MAJBobby

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I also have a walkway price, however it includes a premium, that established overpayment that has occurred with Rams, Eagles and Jets trades.

The Rams, Eagles did not give away 3 first round picks.  I'm saying I'd give 12, 22, and next year's 2 as an initial offer.  That would be my first starting price knowing that I'm willing to give up next year's first.  But if he wants something more than that, then 12, 22, and next year's 1st then the deal is off.  I don't care what the Jets did.  That's them.

Edited by NewEraBills
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Wily Dog said:

The Giants are not going to make any moves until they see what the Brown's do. They will entertain offers but they will not complete them unless Cleveland announces their pick before the draft. If Cleveland takes Darnold then it will be a free for all with teams attempting to get t0 # 2. I hope Gettleman thinks kindly of his former protege'.

What's with the apostrophe at the end of the last word?