One, two, three of four QBs for the Bills?

I'm just not convinced there is "one guy". I'm betting the Bills are ok with maybe 2 or 3. Maybe they don't trade to 2 unless it's their top pick, but I"m betting if they get up to pick 5 or 6 they'd be ok with more than one guy (i.e.. who's ever available at that pick).

2 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

Marino played in one Super Bowl 

2 hours ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Tony Eason was in one as well.

2 hours ago, CuddyDark said:

They're talking about the 83 draft.

Gary Kubiak was in 3 Super Bowls

1 hour ago, dtgolder said:

I'm just not convinced there is "one guy". I'm betting the Bills are ok with maybe 2 or 3. Maybe they don't trade to 2 unless it's their top pick, but I"m betting if they get up to pick 5 or 6 they'd be ok with more than one guy (i.e.. who's ever available at that pick).

I believe like most teams they have them ranked and all players for that matter.

They have an assigned value to each and it may match some of our opinions and it may not.

They for example may be willing to move up to 2 for only 1 QB (make your pick), but if that player goes #1 the move up to 2 is not worth it in their eyes.  They then start looking at maybe 5-7 for that 3rd or 4th guy or maybe they think that value is closer to 12 and don’t make a trade.

They may also think that any of 3or 4 guys in the late first or early second round is just about on par with QB #4 and therefore wait a bit.

The thing is we have no idea and no good way to find ou the truth (even after the fact) - you are going to hear how they got their guy - even if it is a 4th rounder that slipped.  We will learn a lot more on draft night, but until then we can only guess based upon what we see with these QBs.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ExWNYer said:

Your post count indicates that you've been around long enough to know that's not the way things work around here. Rational thought has no place on this board at this time of year.

Now here is a guy who gets it. ;)

Still has to be said.  :lol:

3 hours ago, ExWNYer said:

Your post count indicates that you've been around long enough to know that's not the way things work around here. Rational thought has no place on this board at this time of year.

Or anywhere on the Internet at any time of year

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, purple haze said:

Even when the Bills get their QB the madness won't stop.  Because many posters don't just want the Bills to get a QB; they want the Bills to get the QB they want them to pick or the pick doesn't mean anything to them.  Even if the QB the Bills pick is the guy they vetted and wanted. Fun times on the way...

I disagree. When the Bills pick a player, the board usually gets behind that player and hope it pans out. There are usually a few crusaders, but the board tends to coalesce around Bills decisions. That may have changed when the other board closed and we got a ton of new members, but there was a ton of support for EJ after he was drafted, and there was a ton for Taylor. The more we saw them play the more we spoke out against said players.

13 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

I disagree. When the Bills pick a player, the board usually gets behind that player and hope it pans out. There are usually a few crusaders, but the board tends to coalesce around Bills decisions. That may have changed when the other board closed and we got a ton of new members, but there was a ton of support for EJ after he was drafted, and there was a ton for Taylor. The more we saw them play the more we spoke out against said players.

There are already posters talking about their reaction to certain QBs being picked over others.  Check out some of the threads.  Draft night 'gon be live.  

Now once training camp comes the board coalesces for the most part and definitely once the games count.  But this particular draft night is not like others.  Which QB to choose is already driving the board to the edge.

11 hours ago, SoTier said:

I don't believe that the Bills are "okay" with more than 1 QB at any specific draft slot because they have all the QBs in a definite rank order.  I think they have only 1 QB they're willing to trade up to get.  If they don't trade up to get that QB and he were to fall to #12, they would still take him over whomever they had slotted as the QB they would take at #12 because they believe he's a better prospect.

I totally agree with this. Unless, of course, this turns out to be wrong. In that case, I couldn't disagree more and will likely claim that I was always against it as I repeatedly denounce it as irrational, un-American and something-phobic.  0:)

• Like (+1) 1

I would not be at all surprised if the Bills are fine with any one of a number of QBs. Maybe that number is 2, maybe 3. Could be like Philly when they picked Wentz after Goff went #1. If the Rams had taken Wentz I'm pretty sure the Eagles would have taken Goff. They moved up to the 2 spot to pick a QB and had no control over what the Rams were going to do. In the same way if the Bills moved up to #2 in this year's draft, they might be fine picking a guy even if the one they most coveted was taken by Cleveland. So for example if the Browns drafted Rosen it would hardly be surprising if the Bills picked maybe Darnold or Mayfield even if Rosen was higher on their board. Of course teams always claim they got the guy they most wanted all along, as the Eagles did, but its not necessarily true. 

This looks like a strong class to me. Would'nt be shocked to see a number of QBs, including guys picked after day 1, turn out to be good. In fact I almost expect it.

15 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

I would not be at all surprised if the Bills are fine with any one of a number of QBs. Maybe that number is 2, maybe 3. Could be like Philly when they picked Wentz after Goff went #1. If the Rams had taken Wentz I'm pretty sure the Eagles would have taken Goff. They moved up to the 2 spot to pick a QB and had no control over what the Rams were going to do. In the same way if the Bills moved up to #2 in this year's draft, they might be fine picking a guy even if the one they most coveted was taken by Cleveland. So for example if the Browns drafted Rosen it would hardly be surprising if the Bills picked maybe Darnold or Mayfield even if Rosen was higher on their board. Of course teams always claim they got the guy they most wanted all along, as the Eagles did, but its not necessarily true. 

This looks like a strong class to me. Would'nt be shocked to see a number of QBs, including guys picked after day 1, turn out to be good. In fact I almost expect it.

Josh Allen at #2!

38 minutes ago, CSBill said:

Josh Allen at #2!

Sure, its certainly possible. I'm in the group that thinks that there is a lot to like regarding Allen. I would'nt myself have the stones to take him ahead of some of the other guys but I see him as a legitimate top half of the first type prospect. Looks like he is going top 10 for sure. I would'nt be surprised if Beane likes him.

12 hours ago, yungmack said:

There is zero difficulty with drafting a QB. They're all over the place. The problem is getting a good one. That's a more refined problem.

This may be the wisest thing anyone has posted in weeks!  

If it was as easy as people on here seem to think it is, why are there so many posts arguing for and against each of these kids? Answer: it’s a crap shoot!