Mason Rudolph to Have Pre-Draft Visit With the Bills

1 hour ago, PIP said:

I watch zero college football so I don't know jack about any of these guys. He has amazing stats is he that good?

No.

His skill set is incredibly average when projecting to the NFL.

He's a big, immobile QB with a mediocre arm who struggles mightily with pressure. 

His scouting reports project him as a decent backup or bad starter. 

4 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I'd love to have Darnold, but I would sit him behind AJM. I wouldn't spend a 1st round pick on Rudolph.

Agreed. I would use our draft capital for Darnold & sit him for a while.

If for some reason we can't move up, I would be very happy with Lamar. I know that most on this board just see another TT, but I think he will turn out to be the big positive surprise this draft. It is all academic because imo Beane is going up this draft with Pegula's blessing.

His accuracy to the middle of the field and on deep throws makes him a potential NFL player, but anyone whose boundary throws need to be timed with a sun dial isn't someone I want to spend a high draft pick on.

Add to that the fact that he played in a college spread offense exclusively, and that he never took a snap from under center in college, and we're getting further away from what he's going to need to be able to do on Sundays.

He's a day 2 guy for me.

• Like (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

His accuracy to the middle of the field and on deep throws makes him a potential NFL player, but anyone whose boundary throws need to be timed with a sun dial isn't someone I want to spend a high draft pick on.

Add to that the fact that he played in a college spread offense exclusively, and that he never took a snap from under center in college, and we're getting further away from what he's going to need to be able to do on Sundays.

He's a day 2 guy for me.

If the rumors are true, he could go to Pittsburgh at 28.

...still my unsubstantiated hunch that Rudolph is McBeane's guy having scouted him personally at WVU game as well as his bowl game, followed by upcoming private work out....at #12 may be too high.....depending on how things unfold QB wise from 1 to 10, McBeane may go OL/DL/LB at 12 and roll the dice that he is there at 22 which many accounts say he will be ...or just pick him at 12...if not, he'll watch 13-20 unfold and see what shakes out......hell, he could go OL/DL/LB again at #22 and roll the dice that the kid is there with the first 2nd..or just pick him at 22.....who the hell knows what McBeane is thinking as well as with input from McD/McDaboll as to their consensus guy......Lotto numbers are easier than trying to figure this out.....

22 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

If the rumors are true, he could go to Pittsburgh at 28.

I don't doubt that he could go as early as top-20 for positional value alone.

I just don't see an ability to make all of the throws, which doesn't necessarily mean he can't be a starter.  It simply means that he will be limited to very specific schemes and personnel groupings--not altogether unlike Nick Foles in that respect.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I don't doubt that he could go as early as top-20 for positional value alone.

I just don't see an ability to make all of the throws, which doesn't necessarily mean he can't be a starter.  It simply means that he will be limited to very specific schemes and personnel groupings--not altogether unlike Nick Foles in that respect.

Not un like Hotrod.

he reminds me of Petty who can't beat outMcCown

39 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...still my unsubstantiated hunch that Rudolph is McBeane's guy having scouted him personally at WVU game as well as his bowl game, followed by upcoming private work out....at #12 may be too high.....depending on how things unfold QB wise from 1 to 10, McBeane may go OL/DL/LB at 12 and roll the dice that he is there at 22 which many accounts say he will be ...or just pick him at 12...if not, he'll watch 13-20 unfold and see what shakes out......hell, he could go OL/DL/LB again at #22 and roll the dice that the kid is there with the first 2nd..or just pick him at 22.....who the hell knows what McBeane is thinking as well as with input from McD/McDaboll as to their consensus guy......Lotto numbers are easier than trying to figure this out.....

He scouted Rosen and Darnold personally as well. Bowl games are subject to his availability, no way he could make them all. Not really an indicator. Rosen didn’t play in his and Darnold played in Dallas the night before the Bills left for Foxboro. Rudolph happened to play in his bowl game mid-week which allowed him to go. As far as scouting as a whole, the Bills saw Darnold 3x, and Rosen, Mayfield, and Rudolph twice. Allen and Jackson once (not Beane). 

Also, rudolph’s Bowl game was a hotbed for GMs because lots of day 1-2 talent on the field, not just QB.

Edited by YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He scouted Rosen and Darnold personally as well. Bowl games are subject to his availability, no way he could make them all. Not really an indicator. Rosen didn’t play in his and Darnold played in Dallas the night before the Bills left for Foxboro. Rudolph happened to play in his bowl game mid-week which allowed him to go. As far as scouting as a whole, the Bills saw Darnold 3x, and Rosen, Mayfield, and Rudolph twice. Allen and Jackson once (not Beane). 

i believe beane  also personally scouted Like Falk. I believe him to be who we end up with.  He is an accurate pocket passer like they always say they want.

11 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Also, rudolph’s Bowl game was a hotbed for GMs because lots of day 1-2 talent on the field, not just QB.

...exactly why I said "my unsubstantiated hunch "......in case McBeane in the bleachers himself was a non-issue.....maybe the popcorn was good...who knows?.................

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Bit early to write off Jameis isn't it?  His progress did stall a bit in year 3 but a bit early to just say he is a stats guy who never gets his team to the big one...... He has at least 10 years left.

Gunner, don't you know it's not proper to bring up facts on this board.