Do all the #1 QB's in the draft want to come to Buffalo?

Punt75

Remember the Jim Kelly fiasco when drafted in the 1st Round in 1983? 

NOW  they get the same 1st Round salary no matter where they play.  The TOP 4 QB's in the draft either grew up in CA or FL!  Quite a shock (culturally & weather wise).  

Just maybe they & their agents don't want the Bills to "trade-up"??

Edited by Punt75

5 minutes ago, Punt75 said:

Remember the Jim Kelly fiasco when drafted in the 1st Round in 1984? 

NOW  they get the same 1st Round salary no matter where they play.  The TOP 4 QB's in the draft either grew up in CA or FL!  Quite a shock (culturally & weather wise).  

Just maybe they & their agents don't want the Bills to "trade-up"??

I remember 1983, but how many excuse threads can one come up with listing various reasons not to pursue a potential franchise QB?  

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The world is so much different in 2018 than in 1983. It’s a much smaller world. It doesn’t matter where you go anymore. The best athlete in the world is in Cleveland and he isn’t hidden being there.

This^ Plus Jimbo refused to come to BLO, and he was from Podunk Pennsyltucky. So, I don’t think it’s fair to say that guys from Florida or California definitely won’t come here. It really all depends on the individual player, and their maturity level. There will always be outliers who refuse to play somewhere, but I don’t think they will ever be the majority. 

I don't think this happens anymore. I mean the last time something of this magnitude happened, Eli almost cried due to the chargers drafting him and they literally played in an area with the nicest weather all year around in the states. 

elidraft1.jpg?quality=90&strip=all

2 minutes ago, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

This^ Plus Jimbo refused to come to BLO, and he was from Podunk Pennsyltucky. So, I don’t think it’s fair to say that guys from Florida or California definitely won’t come here. It really all depends on the individual player, and their maturity level. There will always be outliers who refuse to play somewhere, but I don’t think they will ever be the majority. 

Do you honestly think, a Top 5 QB prospect wants to come to Buffalo NY and be IGNORED by the National Media as he plays through the first few years of his career?? 

Just now, Punt75 said:

Do you honestly think, a Top 5 QB prospect wants to come to Buffalo NY and be IGNORED by the National Media as he plays through the first few years of his career?? 

He won’t be ignored by the national media if he doesn’t suck. A guy like Mayfield would be the biggest story in the league if he lit it up his first season in Buffalo. 

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The world is so much different in 2018 than in 1983. It’s a much smaller world. It doesn’t matter where you go anymore. The best athlete in the world is in Cleveland and he isn’t hidden being there.

Excellent point!

2 minutes ago, Punt75 said:

Wrong! How does Aaron Rodgers survive in Green Bay?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Punt75 said:

Yea the media loves ignoring elite QBs. 

??‍♂️

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

I don't think this happens anymore. I mean the last time something of this magnitude happened, Eli almost cried due to the chargers drafting him and they literally played in an area with the nicest weather all year around in the states. 

What a wonderfully awkward picture.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Yes, I talked to Rosen earlier and both Allen and Darnold last week.  They all said they would like to come to Buffalo.  I told Baker I would call him later tonight but he did say via text, that Buffalo was his number 1 choice. 

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

23 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

What a fiasco of helicopter parenting that was. That whole family is southern fried garbage. 

It’s obvious the op wants the Bills to keep all their picks. 

Why the attempts to persuade those who want to get a QB to change their thoughts?

I've almost seen everything here with the arguments not to draft a QB via trade up.

Its getting old. You either want to or not. The Bills management will decide,not us.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

He won’t be ignored by the national media if he doesn’t suck. A guy like Mayfield would be the biggest story in the league if he lit it up his first season in Buffalo. 

Don’t throw confusing facts into the equation. It will make Punt75 create more account names for himself.