Do all the #1 QB's in the draft want to come to Buffalo?

Punt75

4 minutes ago, dlonce said:

It’s obvious the op wants the Bills to keep all their picks. 

Why the attempts to persuade those who want to get a QB to change their thoughts?

I've almost seen everything here with the arguments not to draft a QB via trade up.

Its getting old. You either want to or not. The Bills management will decide,not us.

and likely take their QB with their 1st pick, wherever it is.  Still not panic time......yet

1 hour ago, Punt75 said:

Do you honestly think, a Top 5 QB prospect wants to come to Buffalo NY and be IGNORED by the National Media as he plays through the first few years of his career?? 

Why would he be "IGNORED" by the media? If he's any good, he won't be ignored. If he sucks, he'll be glad he's not in New York...

The whole "the media doesn't like the Bills/Buffalo" idea, which many fans seem to believe, is bogus. What the media "doesn't like" is a team that is mediocre for 15+ years, because they're not interesting. "Interesting" is what sells. 

Did you see how the media reacted to the Bills making the playoffs last year, and how they reacted to the fan donations to charities? The Bills and Bills fans/Buffalo got all kinds of love and run from the media. Why? Because what the team did, and what the fans did, wasn't mediocre...it was "good". It was interesting. The general public likes to see good things. They'll pay closer attention to them. A team has to be at least decent to make the playoffs...a "good" thing. People using an incredible sports story line as a reason to donate to charity...a "good" thing. If a QB comes in and starts winning, or at least looks like a guy that will be a franchise QB in 1-2 more years, he won't be "ignored" by anyone. 

The Bills as a franchise had been in a weird spot for a while, but it's not as if they haven't had good players over the drought years, especially over the last 5 or so years. They're not the NFL wasteland that they were in the early-mid '80s, and enough time had passed to pretty much shed the "Boy I Love Losing Super Bowls" tag. Bills Mafia has been pretty well known nationally for several years now. Fans around the league understand what it's like to be a Bills fan, and just how hardcore and passionate we are about our team. It's to the point where many of those fans have been somewhat rooting for the Bills recently (that may change a bit, now that the drought is over). But during the drought, even with talented teams, there was one constant issue that led to continued mediocrity: NO FRANCHISE QB.

The perception of the Bills has changed. Since 2013, they've at least been competitive. The Fitz years before that had a few exciting moments, but those seasons crashed and burned in the end. But it's not as if the Bills have been "ignored" since then. They just haven't gotten as much attention as we'd like, because they haven't consistently done more winning than losing during that time span. Do more of that, and the media will do more covering of that. Simple. Winning cures all.

Edited by Drunken Pygmy Goat
  • Like (+1) 1

Bruce Smith never spent an extra moment in Buffalo.  I worry more about SEC kids that have never spent a moment outside of their small shithole towns in Mississippi, Arkansas, or Louisiana. They are coddled in a SEC University town where even a white police officer won't mess with them.  The cultural shock from the deep South to a city of decent size is far greater than going from California to a small NFL market.   

Any NFL star will get media exposure, especially a QB. The national media talks about winners and the extreme losers. Buffalo has been neither for nearly two decades.  

1 hour ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Don’t throw confusing facts into the equation. It will make Punt75 create more account names for himself.

Shouldn't you be working on your silly little make-believe football league?  You can always be a GM and coach within that framework. 

Thanks for getting the Bills Message Board shut down - - you and "Bad Lands whatever" & the stupid Mod from FLA & Shaw 66 with his 'ball burglars' that ripped people off as a third line charity while being a high priced lawyer with tons of money HE should have donated - - you all thought you were IMPORTANT - an ego thing!  Finally the complaints got through - - - now you just are a "POSTER" - - what you should have been all along!  No hard feelings - - but - -you don't have a following on here!!

3 hours ago, kdiggz said:

Give me millions of dollars and I'd live wherever you want me to. I'd live in a van down by the river.

If you had millions of dollars and lived in a van down by the river, you would not qualify for government cheese because of your income level.  Just sayin'.