A three point plan to end illegal immigration

1 minute ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

I'd prefer to jail them.

Can you think of any reasons it might be a bad idea to empower government to levy taxes punitively?

So you'd sooner them be a drain on the budget than a source of income?

I could see punitive taxes being  used to punish political opponents, yes.

11 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

So you'd sooner them be a drain on the budget than a source of income?

I could see punitive taxes being  used to punish political opponents, yes.

Yes, because process is more important than individual outcome; and I don't trust the government with that power.

Once taxation as punitive is legitimized, the government will use it against it's citizens.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Create a true United States of America and incorporate Canada, US and Mexico into a single country. China is going to be the biggest economy in the world soon and we need something strong to oppose that non-Democratic stsyem. Borders are economically backwards. Let the free flow of labor happen, let capitalism happen. Counties of America unite, The only things no we have to lose is our walls. 

SJW Imperialism

14 hours ago, LA Grant said:

Who's "we"? 

These are all terrible ideas, especially #3, but all of them. Admittedly they would be more effective than a wall but that's not a high bar to clear.

Here are 3 that would be more effective.

1) Provide a simpler path to citizenship

2) Stop ICE needlessly arresting farmers, busboys, blue collar workers, as though the flawed societal rules are their fault -- what good is this doing for anyone?

3) Ensure Immigration Courts work practically instead of being the partisan kangaroo courts they are now

Well, this makes it quite obvious that you don't have the slightest grasp of the issue. 

16 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

Well, this makes it quite obvious that you don't have the slightest grasp of the issue. 

Grant is a self described leftist who doesn't subscribe to Enlightenment philosophies.  He's a post modernist who seeks out policies which break down traditional social structures like the family, nation state, and the concept of individual rights.

It's not that he doesn't understand the issue, it's that he's being dishonest with you about his end goals.

15 hours ago, LA Grant said:

Who's "we"? 

It's sad, yet not surprising, that you actually pose this question.

Look behind you. Far behind you. The sheer millions of people -- our grandparents, and their parents and beyond -- who all came here for a better life, but with respect for what the country stood for to the extent they came through the legal process.

We all understand that the DNC is big on promoting entitlements, but most Americans don't want to be coddled womb to tomb. Just the far left. So offering freebies to illegals, while perfectly acceptable to the far left, is rejected by America no matter how you want to label the people of this country.

Which is what brought us President Trump.

So while your question is somewhat sad, I get a hearty chuckle out of how unbelievably out of touch you, and the left,  are with the rest of the country.

In fact, I can't WAIT until Hillary wins the nomination again. Absolutely can't wait. May even toss her a few shekels to make it happen.

Who's with me?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

It's sad, yet not surprising, that you actually pose this question.

Look behind you. Far behind you. The sheer millions of people -- our grandparents, and their parents and beyond -- who all came here for a better life, but with respect for what the country stood for to the extent they came through the legal process.

<cutting the rah-rah Trump 2020>

Okay, sure. Let's look behind us at the legal processes.

Can you talk about the legal process of immigration for 19th century Irish people? How about the legal immigration of 18th century African people? The legal immigration of late 16th century English, French, Spanish people?

What should 21st century immigrants from Mexico or Syria learn from these previous integrations?

14 hours ago, Azalin said:

Americans. This stuff really isn't difficult.

Where do Americans come from?

Edited by LA Grant

I think, in the interests of intellectual honesty, that those individuals seeking out changes to our immigration policy should outline the end goals of the policy changes they are advocating.

And I don't mean bumper sticker slogans, I mean what structural goals is the policy forwarding.

• Sad 1