A three point plan to end illegal immigration

Had some thoughts on how to actually end illegal immigration, thoughts?

1) fine any employer caught with illegals on their job sites $50k PER WORKER. If the fine isn’t draconian it won’t work as a deterrent.

2) tax all remittances to foreign countries at a rate of 66%. If illegals can’t send money home they won’t have as much of a motivation to come here.

3) for every illegal caught and returned to their home country, deduct all costs for their removal from the foreign aid budget to that country. 

I think something like like this would be more effective than a wall.

Illegals over the age of 18 with no criminal record, other than illegal immigration, are given the option to enlist in the Armed Service of their choice.  An honorable discharge after two full terms of enlistment grants citizenship

Illegals who decline the above or have a criminal record are deported to their country of origin on their first offense

If apprehended in the United States illegally a second time they are shipped to Afghanistan

Those resourceful enough to find their way from Afghanistan back to the United States, upon a third offense will be subject to a Hunger Games style competition in which the winner is granted citizenship and an autographed photo with Trump

The problem is bigger than illegal immigration. 

It's our entire immigration system that is broke. When it costs thousands of dollars, and can take years to come here legally, I can't hardly blame people for trying to get here through the back door.

Don't get me wrong... Our national sovereignty demands we build a wall to try and stop the flow of illegals coming here. But the dialogue needs to start with how to fix our legal immigration system way before we begin discussions on illegals. There is no way they should be moved to the front of a line that has so many trying to come here the legal way. But in that, there is also no way it should take years to vet someone legally trying to get here. I would argue it is nothing but a cash cow for some of our politicians families. 

4 hours ago, Cinga said:

The problem is bigger than illegal immigration. 

It's our entire immigration system that is broke. When it costs thousands of dollars, and can take years to come here legally, I can't hardly blame people for trying to get here through the back door.

Don't get me wrong... Our national sovereignty demands we build a wall to try and stop the flow of illegals coming here. But the dialogue needs to start with how to fix our legal immigration system way before we begin discussions on illegals. There is no way they should be moved to the front of a line that has so many trying to come here the legal way. But in that, there is also no way it should take years to vet someone legally trying to get here. I would argue it is nothing but a cash cow for some of our politicians families. 

This. I’m going through the process of sponsoring an employee or an H1B. Holy $&@?! Also learning how this particular visa is abused by Indian consulting firms is somewhat eye opening as well. I digress...having dealt with the immigration folks in our govt, these people are either the most overworked people in the country or possibly the most inefficient. My past experience with governmental services has me leaning one way. 

Quick edit: I think we should accommodate people from all walks of life who want to work hard and build a better life, but I don’t understand why someone would come  here and not make an attempt to somewhat assimilate. It doesn’t mean giving up your culture, but they left for a reason.

Edited by Kevbeau

25 minutes ago, Azalin said:

Immigration isn't a system, it's a privilege extended to those we are willing to accept into our society. It needs to recognized as such.

Who's "we"? 

5 hours ago, joesixpack said:

1) fine any employer caught with illegals on their job sites $50k PER WORKER. If the fine isn’t draconian it won’t work as a deterrent.

2) tax all remittances to foreign countries at a rate of 66%. If illegals can’t send money home they won’t have as much of a motivation to come here.

3) for every illegal caught and returned to their home country, deduct all costs for their removal from the foreign aid budget to that country. 

These are all terrible ideas, especially #3, but all of them. Admittedly they would be more effective than a wall but that's not a high bar to clear.

Here are 3 that would be more effective.

1) Provide a simpler path to citizenship

2) Stop ICE needlessly arresting farmers, busboys, blue collar workers, as though the flawed societal rules are their fault -- what good is this doing for anyone?

3) Ensure Immigration Courts work practically instead of being the partisan kangaroo courts they are now

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Taxation used punitively is immoral.

You're the one that thinks IP is immoral as well right?  Or at least that is what your Econ teacher said?

Sorry if I have the wrong dude.  It has been a while.

Edited by 4merper4mer

The Democrats really screwed up not taking the DACA deal , that included $25B for the wall.

Farm workers are much needed just give them legal work permits to stay.

Everyone needs to be screened before crossing the border just commonsense against drugs , MS-13 

E-Verify is a voluntary program for most employers, but mandatory for some, such as employers with federal contracts or subcontracts that contain the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) E-Verify clause and employers in certain states that have legislation that mandates the use of E-Verify for some or all employers.

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Verification/E-Verify/Publications/Guides/guide-enrollment.pdf

29 minutes ago, ALF said:

E-Verify is a voluntary program for most employers, but mandatory for some, such as employers with federal contracts or subcontracts that contain the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) E-Verify clause and employers in certain states that have legislation that mandates the use of E-Verify for some or all employers.

This is one of the things that gets me pissed... We hear all the time that illegals are "contributing members of society" and even pay taxes. But exactly how is that since it is illegal to hire them in the first place? If they are contributing then, it must be they are using fake ID and SS numbers, which is again, breaking more laws.

Perhaps it is time to make E-Verify mandatory... Especially for government jobs

Create a true United States of America and incorporate Canada, US and Mexico into a single country. China is going to be the biggest economy in the world soon and we need something strong to oppose that non-Democratic stsyem. Borders are economically backwards. Let the free flow of labor happen, let capitalism happen. Counties of America unite, The only things no we have to lose is our walls. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Create a true United States of America and incorporate Canada, US and Mexico into a single country. China is going to be the biggest economy in the world soon and we need something strong to oppose that non-Democratic stsyem. Borders are economically backwards. Let the free flow of labor happen, let capitalism happen. Counties of America unite, The only things no we have to lose is our walls. 

Are you willing to give up your mom's basement? You better think it through.

1 hour ago, joesixpack said:

Maybe so, but in this case I think it would be effective in stopping an existential problem.

So would rounding up all of the illegal immigrants, gassing them, and dumping them in mass graves; but it's an immoral action, and we shouldn't be empowering our government to take immoral actions.

8 hours ago, Azalin said:

Immigration isn't a system, it's a privilege extended to those we are willing to accept into our society. It needs to recognized as such.

This is correct.

The current view held by many on the left that immigration to the United States is a right, and should be used as a social program for anyone who can manage to get here is a detriment to society, and runs counter to the entire concept of a nation state.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, joesixpack said:

They tried this in the Bush 2 ...turns out all those GOP owned meat packing houses, agribusinesses and developers need those illegals to do the work...

That's the dirty little secret...the GOP KNOWS we need the illegal labor...they are not doing anything REAL about it like your first point....what you see is just a smoke screen for the rubes...

Don't believe me...just Google DT - he uses illegal aliens at his properties....oh and Chinese steel...

14 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

So would rounding up all of the illegal immigrants, gassing them, and dumping them in mass graves; but it's an immoral action, and we shouldn't be empowering our government to take immoral actions.

There's a BIT of room on the scale from taxes on remittances to gas chambers, wouldn't you say?

Thoughts on fining employers?

9 minutes ago, baskin said:

They tried this in the Bush 2 ...turns out all those GOP owned meat packing houses, agribusinesses and developers need those illegals to do the work...

That's the dirty little secret...the GOP KNOWS we need the illegal labor...they are not doing anything REAL about it like your first point....what you see is just a smoke screen for the rubes...

Don't believe me...just Google DT - he uses illegal aliens at his properties....oh and Chinese steel...

You say that as if i give a !@#$. I don't. I don't care if republican businessmen lose because of this. It's the right thing to do.

Edited by joesixpack

24 minutes ago, westside said:

Mom's basement is nothing more than item for sale in the global market place. I can always go live in a car and steal wifi from the library if the Mexicans come and buy her out. 

27 minutes ago, westside said:

Mom's basement is nothing more than item for sale in the global market place. I can always go live in a car and steal wifi from the library if the Mexicans come and buy her out. 

ya, who wouldn't want to pay more for hamburger and chicken wings? On top of tariffs and more shipping costs with Amazon, higher health care costs and probably a toxic spill or two that the EPA will now ignore, Trump is really freeing us up! 

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

There's a BIT of room on the scale from taxes on remittances to gas chambers, wouldn't you say?

Thoughts on fining employers?

I'd prefer to jail them.

Can you think of any reasons it might be a bad idea to empower government to levy taxes punitively?