Bills picks other then at QB

Assume we keep all of our picks and stay at 12 and take a QB.  We still have 5 additional picks in days 1 and 2 and 3 more on day 3.  Let's focus on those in this post.  Here are my picks for the rest of the draft.

22nd Pick - Leighton Vander Eshe MLB

53rd Pick - James Washington - WR

56th Pick - Rashard Penny - RB

65th Pick - Trenton Thompson - DT

96th Pick - Fred Warner LB

4th Round - Brandon Parker - OT

5th Round - Levi Wallace - CB

6th Round - Tracy Walker - S

Lets see what the boards thoughts on this draft and if you don't like my picks please explain why and substitute your own.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Augie said:

Who is available?

Sorry, not being a jerk but that is an impossible question. 

Assume I've done a 7 round mock draft and the players I selected at those choices were available.

Can you reassess your thought based on that information.

So far I think Beane and McDermott have been spot on evaluating talent.  After we traded away our secondary last year I expected us to get torched every week, but they brought in less expensive guys though the draft and in free agency who could ball and our secondary ended up being a strength.  (I know Beane wasn't there for the draft)   If we don't spend the lion's share of our picks on a QB, I hope McDermott finds his Luke Keuchly LB in this draft.  There are several good prospects at LB but I won't pretend to know enough about each of them to say who they should grab.

They seem to like multi-year starters, team captains, high motor, high football IQ kind of guys. Solid team players.

There's a good chance we get 4 or 5 above average starters on cheap rookie contracts for this depleted roster out of this year's draft.  That would be a fantastic foundation to build on.  Maybe  McCarron is a diamond in the rough or we grab our guy at 12, if not, hopefully the QB gods will smile on us next year...

Edited by Inigo Montoya
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

Assume I've done a 7 round mock draft and the players I selected at those choices were available.

Can you reassess your thought based on that information.

Ummm,  no. 

:wacko:

1 hour ago, RPbillsfan said:

Assume we keep all of our picks and stay at 12 and take a QB.  We still have 5 additional picks in days 1 and 2 and 3 more on day 3.  Let's focus on those in this post.  Here are my picks for the rest of the draft.

22nd Pick - MIKE MCGLINCHEY, OT, NOTRE DAME

53rd Pick - WILL HERNANDEZ, G, UTEP

56th Pick - James Washington - WR

4th Round - Josey Jewell - ILB

Lets see what the boards thoughts on this draft and if you don't like my picks please explain why and substitute your own.

I prioritized the offensive line because I am sick of ours and I am not sure the guys they picked up are going to be anything special.

I would like Shady to be able to run right more. And Also Richie will be gone in a year or two.

I bumped Washington down 3 spots. I put in Jewell where you had the tackle because I took one higher.

I like your draft I just would emphasize our line. I may have been optimistic where we got some of the guys but there is no way to know for sure.

Edited by BadLandsMeanie

3 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

I prioritized the offensive line because I am sick of ours and I am not sure the guys they picked up are going to be anything special.

I would like Shady to be able to run right more. And Also Richie will be gone in a year or two.

I bumped Washington down 3 spots. I put in Jewell where you had the tackle because I took one higher.

I like your draft I just would emphasize our line. I may have been optimistic where we got some of the guys but there is no way to know for sure.

I like your draft also, don't think Hernandez will be their at pick 53 though and I want a stud LB to make our defense a top 10 in the league.

25 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Vander Doodle is in every fan mock draft on this board.  Will his career be Brian Leonardesqe or Casey Matthewsesque?  Oops.  Same thing.

Vander Esch is 6'4", 256, is instinctive with loose flexible hips, runs a 4.65, has a vertical of 39.5 inches and a three cone time of 6.88

His arrival will signal the end of Gronk beating the Bills down the seam.

His comparables are Brian Urlacher and Karlos Dansby.

Please tell me what you don't like about him

1 hour ago, RPbillsfan said:

If we got Vander Eshe and Washington in those spots, I'd be happy, but overall, I'd like more emphasis on the OL. I don't expect it though because we've signed multiple OL and CB's in FA.

31 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

If we got Vander Eshe and Washington in those spots, I'd be happy, but overall, I'd like more emphasis on the OL. I don't expect it though because we've signed multiple OL and CB's in FA.

I listened to a little bio and interview with Vander Eshe on NFL Radio a couple weeks ago and he sounds like a McDermott kind of guy.  He came from a small school in a rural area and he actually played 8 on 8 football when he was in high school, so there was a huge jump moving to 11 on 11 when he went to college but he apparently adapted quickly.  It sounds like he has a motor and a hell of a work ethic, and according to the draftniks talking about him during the radio show, he probably has the highest ceiling of any of the LBs in this draft because he is still learning the nuances of the position.  I guess he packed on 20 lbs of muscle before the combine and he still really moved well.

Edited by Inigo Montoya

3 hours ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

I’m guessing Dante Pettis, Fred Warner, Frank Ragnow, Rashaad Penny will all be Bills by the end of Draft Weekend

Those are 4 of my favorite players for the Bills.  Give me the first 3 and I think those are 3 solid starters.

3 hours ago, RPbillsfan said:

It's a really good mock draft.  I'd be thrilled with Vander Eshe and Washington.  The only thing I'd change is I'd make sure I get an offensive guard or tackle with any of the two 2nd rounders or early 3rd.  Incognito's not getting any younger.  Mills and Miller would be getting more scrutiny if Tyrod wasn't as agile as he is.  We lost Wood because he had to be selfish and preserve his life.  Hopefully, Dawkins can continue to improve to fill Glenn's spot.  Yes we could use depth at RB and DT, but the OL is a more pressing need imo.

Im gonna go with this:

12th pick - QB??

22nd Pick - Leighton Vander Eshe -  MLB

53rd Pick - James Washington - WR ..... Tim Settle - DL

56th Pick - Rashard Penny - RB ..... James Washington - WR

65th Pick - Trenton Thompson - DT ..... Anthony Everett - CB

96th Pick - Fred Warner - OLB

4th Round - Brandon Parker - OT ..... Will Richardson - OT

5th Round - Levi Wallace - CB ..... Jamil Demby - OG

6th Round - Tracy Walker - S ..... Dorian O'Daniel - OLB/ST

12 hours ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

I’m guessing Dante Pettis, Fred Warner, Frank Ragnow, Rashaad Penny will all be Bills by the end of Draft Weekend

I like the thought of Rashaad Penny.........IMO he may be slightly overdrafted.  I think most folks have him in the late 2nd or 3rd.  So, if we want him the 1st pick of the 3rd round would be an ideal place to take him (if he is still available).

If we traded a lot to get our QB I don't think this happens.  If we didn't trade a lot of draft capital I would think there is a good chance we get Penny at pick #65.  I think he will be a good RB in the NFL.