Most likely draft scenario

KRT88

Most likely draft scenario?  

165 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following is the most likely draft scenario?

• Bills trade up to #2 and get their guy
    • Bills trade up to #4 or 6 and get their guy
    • Bills trade up to #-7-10 and get whoever is left
    • Bills stay at #12 and pick leftover QB
    • Bills draft something other than QB at #12 and #22

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/10/2018 at 03:48 AM

10 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I almost feel that the Jets trading up to #3 may work out to be a blessing in disguise- where we get a top QB AND don’t have to give up a bunch of picks.

How so? We are pretty much guaranteed to see at least 2 QBs off the board within the first 3 picks. That could have other QB needy teams scrambling to trade up as well.

Edited by Bangarang

17 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

How so? We are pretty much guaranteed to see at least 2 QBs off the board within the first 3 picks. That could have other QB needy teams scrambling to trade up as well.

Very simple, they don't take the QB we want (i.e. if the Giants really want Barkley--which is the case if you believe the local NYC press--and the Jets take Allen--if he's who we don't want--and we don't have to expend as much draft to get Rosen or Mayfield). It may not be likely, but you have to admit the original premise is POSSIBLE. Again, it's possible that the Jets are posturing for Barkley, as preposterous as that may be. It's the Jets. As someone who has lived in the Jets market for a good 30-something of my 44 years on this planet, it's hard not to believe that the Jets might not do something head scratching. It's very unlikely, but there's a reason that if you type "jets draft" into YouTube, it autofills "blunders"

29 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Well, if the Browns take Darnold, and the Jets take Allen, perhaps we could get either Mayfield or Rosen by just trading our 2 firsts to get up to #4 or #6...and still having 4 picks in the 2nd and 3rd rounds...that’s my hope.

Edited by JaCrispy

21 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

I think they stay at 12 and Mayfield falls to 12 and then.....Boom! It is done.

I agree. 4 visits with the Bills before the draft, and his height/"cockiness" likely causing him to fall just enough that we pounce on him. I'd prefer Rosen, but I don't think he makes it past the Jets. So, offer the farm and Hope the Giants take it, or Baker may be our best alternative, and probably most likely. 

I'd be happy with either?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BuffAlone said:

I agree. 4 visits with the Bills before the draft, and his height/"cockiness" likely causing him to fall just enough that we pounce on him. I'd prefer Rosen, but I don't think he makes it past the Jets. So, offer the farm and Hope the Giants take it, or Baker may be our best alternative, and probably most likely. 

I'd be happy with either?

I would want to jump in front of the Dolphins just to make sure though

31 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Which other QB needy teams do you see looking to make such a move? If they are anywhere near the Bills spot at 12, the Bills have enough ammo to make a better offer. Sure, if a team has a much better 1st round pick to offer (like the Jets did )it could spell trouble for the Bills. There don't seem to be many move up candidates with a pick inside the top 10. 

7 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Which other QB needy teams do you see looking to make such a move? If they are anywhere near the Bills spot at 12, the Bills have enough ammo to make a better offer. Sure, if a team has a much better 1st round pick to offer (like the Jets did )it could spell trouble for the Bills. There don't seem to be many move up candidates with a pick inside the top 10. 

Broncos could easily take a QB at 5 or even move up. Dolphins, Cardinals and Chargers could also make a play to trade up for a QB. 

23 minutes ago, thurst44 said:

Very simple, they don't take the QB we want (i.e. if the Giants really want Barkley--which is the case if you believe the local NYC press--and the Jets take Allen--if he's who we don't want--and we don't have to expend as much draft to get Rosen or Mayfield). It may not be likely, but you have to admit the original premise is POSSIBLE. Again, it's possible that the Jets are posturing for Barkley, as preposterous as that may be. It's the Jets. As someone who has lived in the Jets market for a good 30-something of my 44 years on this planet, it's hard not to believe that the Jets might not do something head scratching. It's very unlikely, but there's a reason that if you type "jets draft" into YouTube, it autofills "blunders"

Jets are taking a QB. I refuse to even acknowledge any other scenario.

43 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Im probably projecting my personal opinion, but i think it's either Mayfield or Allen and I think both will be available at 6 or 7.

They probably won’t both be available there, but I think one will be and I think a Bills-Tampa trade up is very possible: 12 and 22 for 7 and 38.  

Most likely scenario for top 5 is:

1. QB to Browns

2. QB to Giants

3. QB to Jets

4. Barkley or Chubb

5. last of the top 4 QBs to Broncos

I don't want this scenario (I love the potential of Darnold, Allen, Rosen and Mayfield) but I'd be surprised if any of them fell past the Broncos. If by chance one did fall past Broncos #7 is the highest spot I think we could get since the Colts didn't want our boat load of picks for #3 (they know pick 6 is a good spot to get Chubb, Barkley or Nelson).

I feel like Beane and McDermott get it and if they miss out on the top 4 QBs they know there is no point in forcing the QB issue on non-franchise type QBs later (remember Losman) in the draft. We stick with getting best players available like Edmunds or Smith at 12 and maybe even trade our 22 for a 2nd rounder this year and a future 1st/2nd next year so we have ammo to move up again next year or the year after for our franchise QB. 

Better to build the team up everywhere else and be patient with AJ at the helm than waste 4 more years (EJ Manuel, Losman, etc) on guys who never should've been drafted in the 1st round

5 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Broncos could easily take a QB at 5 or even move up. Dolphins, Cardinals and Chargers could also make a play to trade up for a QB. 

I don’t see Broncos going QB at 5, but I could see them trying to trade out of 5 with the Bills or one of the teams you mentioned.  Bills are in the best position to make that kind of trade, IMO.

1 minute ago, mannc said:

I don’t see Broncos going QB at 5, but I could see them trying to trade out of 5 with the Bills or one of the teams you mentioned.  Bills are in the best position to make that kind of trade, IMO.

I don’t think signing Keenum means they are content at QB. It wasn’t that long ago when people here were talking about signing him as a bridge QB. We certainly have the most ammunition though if trading up was our goal.

34 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Well, if the Browns take Darnold, and the Jets take Allen, perhaps we could get either Mayfield or Rosen by just trading our 2 firsts to get up to #4 or #6...and still having 4 picks in the 2nd and 3rd rounds...that’s my hope.

I doubt the draft capital required to move to 4 is just an extra 1st rounder!