Lamar Jackson: C'mon, enough is enough

4 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

I think he's going to be better than Tyrod.

I just don't like that styles of QB.

I think it's too inconsistant to win on a regular basis.

When it's clicking, they are really really hard to beat...

When they have an off day, they are awful and you have no shot to win.

The other problem is having a backup and can fill in if they are hurt.

This was seen with Vick, McNabb, even Cunningham.

Most backups are solid, accurate, weak armed pocket QB types, and their playstyle is completely opposite to the athletic scrambling QB starter.

When the starter has an injury, the backup comes in, and the entire gameplan changes. Not small amounts, but entire diff playbook.. That's a pain in the arse.

I think Jackson will be a solid QB overall, above average, but not what I'm interested in settling for.

I think Jackson has a long way to go before he is better than Tyrod. I agree with everything else you posted but Jackson needs to be rebuilt like the 6 million dollar man. It will be a few years before he is better than Taylor. I would not be surprised if he is the 6th QB on the Bills draft board and they have a 3rd rd grade on him.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I think Jackson has a long way to go before he is better than Tyrod. I agree with everything else you posted but Jackson needs to be rebuilt like the 6 million dollar man. It will be a few years before he is better than Taylor. I would not be surprised if he is the 6th QB on the Bills draft board and they have a 3rd rd grade on him.

Yeah I think he will be better than Tyrod, not immediately, but in a year or two he will be.

I think he's a late first/early second grade that somebody (az maybe) will reach for.

32 minutes ago, Tyrod's friend said:

Having a take is self indulgence? Then get off the board. My lifetime's income ain't based on what I write here.

I believe he was referring to you feeling your take was important enough to merit its own thread versus adding it to any of the other Lamar Jackson threads currently on the first page.

that being said, by saying he is “feeding the smokescreen” are you implying he is really going to go high in the draft and he is just helping teams pretend they don’t want him?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Most backups are solid, accurate, weak armed pocket QB types, and their playstyle is completely opposite to the athletic scrambling QB starter.

When the starter has an injury, the backup comes in, and the entire gameplan changes. Not small amounts, but entire diff playbook.. That's a pain in the arse.

I think Jackson will be a solid QB overall, above average, but not what I'm interested in settling for.

I agree with some of this but 

I think he will have a very short lived NFL career. Those toothpick legs will not last in the NFL IMO. I don't like his height, his lower half of his body is very girl like IMO, WLscore and I don't want a QB known for how well he runs or how teams want him to be a WR more then a QB (wasn't Tyrod hype the same when he was being drafted)I want a true pocket QB.

Crazy how all these Jackson threads are blasting these boards, IMO it is a indication that if Jackson is the one picked by the Bills the same fate of this board is in the making of the same old Tyrod type threads. Fans wanting him to stop running and throw it more. He looks great in a suit but terrible on the sideline with a towel on his head. OCs fired because not one of them know how to use such a special talent.

I really hope Jackson is not the pick. If 5 of the top 6 QBs all go and Jackson is the one left standing at 12 I truly hope the Bills just wait and take a later round QB. Sure it will be a fail for not getting one of the top 6 but IMO Jackson is a later round QB not one to be considered in the top of round 1. I pit Rudolph over him easily and he in some circles is a late 1st,-2nd rounder.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, xRUSHx said:

I agree with some of this but 

I think he will have a very short lived NFL career. Those toothpick legs will not last in the NFL IMO. I don't like his height, his lower half of his body is very girl like IMO, WLscore and I don't want a QB known for how well he runs or how teams want him to be a WR more then a QB (wasn't Tyrod hype the same when he was being drafted)I want a true pocket QB.

Crazy how all these Jackson threads are blasting these boards, IMO it is a indication that if Jackson is the one picked by the Bills the same fate of this board is in the making of the same old Tyrod type threads. Fans wanting him to stop running and throw it more. He looks great in a suit but terrible on the sideline with a towel on his head. OCs fired because not one of them know how to use such a special talent.

I really hope Jackson is not the pick. If 5 of the top 6 QBs all go and Jackson is the one left standing at 12 I truly hope the Bills just wait and take a later round QB. Sure it will be a fail for not getting one of the top 6 but IMO Jackson is a later round QB not one to be considered in the top of round 1. I pit Rudolph over him easily and he in some circles is a late 1st,-2nd rounder.

Yeah I don't like Rudolph at all, but I would rather him than Jackson.

I think even if Jackson is very good, he's got a shorter career, unless he pulls a Cunningham and turns into a pocket QB mid-later career (which is possible)

14 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Yeah I don't like Rudolph at all, but I would rather him than Jackson.

I think even if Jackson is very good, he's got a shorter career, unless he pulls a Cunningham and turns into a pocket QB mid-later career (which is possible)

I really would like Rudolph at 22(maybe they should trade 22 and move that pick up) but I am worried about another team grabbing him before our pick, I hope Jackson falls to 21 and Rudolph Jackson is sitting on the board at 20 so if a team does jump us hopefully Jackson is who they jump for.

I would love for a move up to get Darnold Rosen or Mayfield but if they can't 

I would really  like to see Rashaan Evans the pick at 12 and then Rudolph at 22 or that 22 pick moved up to grab Rudolph in the teens.

Rudolph is no Darnold,Rosen,Mayfield but with where we are picking he is a very good prospect for the value IMO. IMO he could end up a very good starting QB in the NFL and is exactly what McD is looking for in a QB not picked in the top 3.

Edited by xRUSHx

11 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

I really would like Rudolph at 22(maybe they should trade 22 and move that pick up) but I am worried about another team grabbing him before our pick, I hope Jackson falls to 21 and Rudolph Jackson is sitting on the board at 20 so if a team does jump us hopefully Jackson is who they jump for.

I would love for a move up to get Darnold Rosen or Mayfield but if they can't 

I would really  like to see Rashaan Evans the pick at 12 and then Rudolph at 22 or that 22 pick moved up to grab Rudolph in the teens.

Rudolph is no Darnold,Rosen,Mayfield but with where we are picking he is a very good prospect for the value IMO. IMO he could end up a very good starting QB in the NFL and is exactly what McD is looking for in a QB not picked in the top 3.

I think Rudolph is a early round 2 talent grade, that, when paired with the QB premium, could see a mid-later round 1 selection (18-25).

He could get snagged by a team with an older QB, or one who needs a backup (I could actually at Cincinnati grabbing him at 21 to replace mccarron).

I think that moving from 22 to, say, 17-18, IF they want him, is a smart move.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tyrod's friend said:

Having a take is self indulgence?

Sometimes.  I can see why your take would strike some thataways

Then get off the board.

This would be "Exhibit A" of why your take would strike some thataways.  Well, that and starting your own little LAM Lamar Jackson thread when there are already about, oh, I don't know, 6? on the board.  Please use the "search" function before posting (tm).

Hint: if folks point out, nicely and otherwise, that you're going against the norms on this board, it's the icing on the ironic cake when your response is to tell well established posters to "get off the board".  Perhaps you should demonstrate your own point about going along with stuff?

My lifetime's income ain't based on what I write here.

Neither is Lamar Jackson's

So don't read the f'in post and move on jack.

No need for expletives.  Cultivate creativity.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
  • Haha (+1) 1

Great. You don't think the take is good, I can handle that; you don't think it is important that he is self-indulgent, I'll respond to that. 

The concept that you don't like the proliferation of threads on the website? Laughable. You don't like the take, respond or move on. You aren't required to say anything. And it strikes me that the ultimate outcome of your fears about proliferation suggests there should be 6 threads. 

Cheers.

Hey Man, The proof is in the pudding. Just on this 1st page... there are MAYBE 4 posts actually talking to your point. 

The rest are simply poking fun of the fact that this exists. 

You many still wonder why that is, but i assure you its the aforementioned reasons as well as doubling down on the seriousness of the thread.

Maybe your point was good.... maybe it wasnt. Whether it was your intent or not, you have got attention you were looking for. 

ssoooo..... there's that...

47 minutes ago, The Monk said:

:unsure: I'm neutral right now because I have no control over what happens in the draft. All I can do is wait for April 26 and see what happens. I'm sure that the Bills don't care what I think. They are going to do what they feel is in the best interest of the Bills.  

You don't fit in here. We are loaded with guys who have a huge impact on the real draft process! LOL especially with the Bills. SMH

1 hour ago, SouthNYfan said:

I think you can win with a QB that can run but he has to develop into a QB that can work out of the pocket and use his legs. Jackson has Vick levels of ability but he needs to work on his fundamentals and grasp an NFL offense. Cam Newton is a great example of a QB that can throw and run. Running QB's get a bad wrap because a lot of them don't function well out of the pocket and coaches bias fans against that style of play. 

I think if the top 4 QB's go in the top 5 picks with no trade up being available and Jackson is sitting there at pick 22 the Bills should take him, you have so many other picks to fill other needs and build a team around AJ for 2018 and allow Jackson to just work on becoming a QB for a couple of years. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, billsfan89 said:

I think you can win with a QB that can run but he has to develop into a QB that can work out of the pocket and use his legs. Jackson has Vick levels of ability but he needs to work on his fundamentals and grasp an NFL offense. Cam Newton is a great example of a QB that can throw and run. Running QB's get a bad wrap because a lot of them don't function well out of the pocket and coaches bias fans against that style of play. 

I think if the top 4 QB's go in the top 5 picks with no trade up being available and Jackson is sitting there at pick 22 the Bills should take him, you have so many other picks to fill other needs and build a team around AJ for 2018 and allow Jackson to just work on becoming a QB for a couple of years. 

I don't disagree.

Like I said in another post, exactly what you did, that he would need to develop a pocket game, like Wilson, Cunningham, Newton, McNabb, etc if he was going to be a long term solution.

Otherwise he might be great for 3-5 years then fall off the map.