In the market for some new friends?

Just Jack

4 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Surprised the Amish let them get away with making those, didn't pitch a b*tch.

Don't the Amish get funny about stuff like that, photographs, recreation of their likeness, etc...

Anyway, I suppose a great deal if you want 40 friends to shun you.

how would they know?  they don't use the internet   duh 

On 3/30/2018 at 9:08 AM, ExiledInIllinois said:

To the contrary.  They use smartphones too.

Ownership and usage are two distinct things.

I was joking...    they "rent" but don't own 

I can drive up to Lancaster county  PA (30 - 40 min drive) and see all the buggies I want.  

I can take a "Sunday Drive" drive from Bird-in-Hand to Virginville to Blue Ball(s) to Mount Joy to Intercourse to Climax to Paradise in about 2 hours (stopping at shops)  [and even Reamstown if you are into that sruff]

Edit added Climax

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

5 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I was joking...    they "rent" but don't own 

I can drive up to Lancaster county  PA (30 - 40 min drive) and see all the buggies I want.  

I can take a "Sunday Drive" drive from Bird-in-Hand to Virginville to Blue Ball(s) to Mount Joy to Intercourse to Paradise in about 2 hours (stopping at shops)  [and even Reamstown if you are into that sruff]

Ha!  I wasn't sure if you were serious... Same here, have communities in Indiana around Goshen and Illinois @ Arcola.

Funniest memories were being in a general store in Arcola... Proprietor didn't want to fire up the gas lights @ dusk... Shopping in the dark!  Wife loved the "ambience."  I just think owner wanted to dupe us into some expired jelly.<_<;)

Another one was when we went to an Amish auction downstate in Illinois... Back in the early 1990s.  A medical fundraiser for a young farmer who was dragged by his team.  Well there has to be about 100 buggies in the parking lot.  My wife asks: "The buggies look all alike, how do you think they know which one is theirs... The buggies look so basic, all black and the same...??  I bet they just share and take whichever one they want, easier to leave."  I am like: "Gee Honey, how novel... But I really think THEY know which horse & buggy is THEIRS! See the different metal-work, the side lanterns, the horse color, mane & tail? /smh"

:lol::lol:

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

9 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

5915e0966dac0.image.jpg

On I-94 between Chicago and Detroit, there's a town in Michigan: Climax.

Too bad there's not a road that goes directly from Intercourse to Climax.

(#TWSS)