LB Rashaan Evans - stock dropping?

6 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I would love this guy at 22.  I didn't hear his stock was dropping, anyone know why?  His tape is and reel is awesome

Questionable athleticism and lack of explosion, no 40 yard time.............. Just what i read

9 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I would love this guy at 22.  I didn't hear his stock was dropping, anyone know why?  His tape is and reel is awesome

Rashaan Evans, who did not run the forty at the combine or Alabama’s first pro day did not run yesterday which left a very bad taste in the mouths of teams who purposely made the trip to watch his workout.

Several teams questioned Evans speed going into the pre-draft process and the fact he’s not yet run the forty coupled with a vertical jump of just 30 inches and 9-feet-8-inches in the broad jump will raise further red flags about his athleticism.

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

So I was hearing the opposite on him and this is surprising, but could really benefit the Bills, potentially 

Nah, this can't be accurate.

I've been told on TSW that Roquan,  Edmunds and Evans are all Kuechly's.   

It's going to be tough choosing the All Pro MLB's this year!

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

No more Bama linebackers.  There are major questions about Evan's athletically and he hasn't addressed any of them in the process.  Frankly I don't think he's anywhere near a fit for what's required from the linebackers in McD's system.

reuben Foster , cj mosely ,donta hightower, reggie ragland, rolando mcclain, mark barron...can't think of any more recently. Wow what a mixed bag.

Mosely and Hightower =all pro caliber

Reggie Ragland= I feel he will turn out to be a pretty good pro in the right system

Barron= was drafted as a ss, has thrived as a linebacker for the rams

Rolando Mcclain= could have been a dominate linebacker, but too big of a thug

Reuben Foster=Could be all pro like mosely, could be a thug like mcclain

R. Evans= Who knows. Seems to be a high character guy, so maybe at least he won't go the way of Mcclain.

5 minutes ago, snamsnoops said:

Questionable athleticism and lack of explosion, no 40 yard time.............. Just what i read

Cool thanks to you and @Yoloinohio for the replies.  

He looks like he flies all over the field on tape, so little surprised by that part.  But admittedly, most my desire for him is based on all the highlights and stuff I watched him more than anything, and of course those dont show missed opportunities.  But, for him what I liked was just how many plays there were in his reel, I mean it was a lot more than most peoples and a ton of wow plays and moments.  You can never put too much stock into highlights, but his just jumped off the screen so much and was one of the bigger reels I had seen.

One thing too...some teams could be spreading distaste for him to try and get his stock to slide they have a shot at getting him later in the first or even early 2nd.  Seen that happen a lot too where teams try to spin a negative story to get a better shot at landing a player.  

4 minutes ago, Loosh said:

Evans is a beast.  Someone wants him to drop.  I consider him the best all round LB in the draft.  Yes, over Smith because he's 10 lbs heavier.

I thought about this because I had heard he was more coveted than Smith