Let the record I'm against trade into top 6 due to price

Pete

1 minute ago, Carter said:

I am for it. 100%

Owners meeting just ended. We should be hearing news soon. 

I seriously doubt we hear anything until draft day, but I’m wrong all the time....

We may have laid some groundwork at the meetings through. I’m sure it came up. 

1 minute ago, billsfan11 said:

Got to take a chance on a QB at some point and now they have the ammunition. Or they can just draft like Doug whaley, neglect the QB position and get 7-8 wins every year..

Off topic somewhat, but I loved the 2014 and 2015 Bills teams.  IMO a good coach might have won superbowl with 2016 team.  Whaley did a great job stocking fridge,  but Rex burned the meal.  Our pass rush is still suffering 

3 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Not trolling you but, have you watched this team at all since 2000?

Son, I have seen most every Bills game since 1975.  Did you happen to catch the Saints game last year?  How about the Chargers?  How about the Jets?  We got ran all over. No QB will fix that

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

Son, I have seen most every Bills game since 1975.  Did you happen to catch the Saints game last year?  How about the Chargers?  How about the Jets?  We got ran all over. No QB will fix that

Defense? Who needs Defense? Did you watch the super bowl?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Pete said:

Off topic somewhat, but I loved the 2014 and 2015 Bills teams.  IMO a good coach might have won superbowl with 2016 team.  Whaley did a great job stocking fridge,  but Rex burned the meal.  Our pass rush is still suffering 

They had a descent roster but their coach and QB weren't good enough. And those are the two most important things lol

8 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Defense? Who needs Defense? Did you watch the super bowl?

A backup QB(who was drafted in 2nd round)  won superbowl and biggest play of the game was made by Brandon Graham.  

7 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

They had a descent roster but their coach and QB weren't good enough. And those are the two most important things lol

IMO the QB was good enough.   But the coach was worse the Hank Bullough.  You and most of the board can disagree with me about Tyrod, but I think we can all agree Rex was dog ****

Edited by Pete

As usual, my position is the middle road between two extremes.  I don't think a trade into the top 2 is even possible.  I'm OK with a trade up as high as #4, but Beane had better be pretty darn sure the QB he can pick at that point is the right one for the Bills, because it will have implications for the talent level of the team that could las easily a couple years or more.

Edited by TigerJ
  • Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Let the record show that some jackass I don't care about had an opinion on 3/28/2018

Congrats, so did over 6 billion other people.

Get over yourself, you're worse than sister Jean. I don't care what you think and never will. This thread is awful.

I hope the OP keeps posting because I like looking at his avatar.

Don't judge me...

Does it really matter? They are going to do what they feel is best regardless and you will have to live with it like it or not.

If they get a franchise QB for 12 years whatever price they paid will relatively be a drop in the bucket

• Like (+1) 1

Unreal.

How the hell can anyone be against trading up without actually knowing what the price would be?

In other words, the poster is against moving up to draft a QB because they are a dinosaur and is of the mindset of the “we have too many holes to fill” gang.

That equates to the group that always says, “ the QBs next year are better and we should wait.” Year, after year, after year, after decades of no QB. Ad naseum.

Its time to pay the price to take a chance. No attempts has equated to mediocrity.

Yes its a gamble, but there’s nothing that says the players you pick instead of QB are going to amount to anything.

We have selected many busts outside of QB.

Edited by dlonce
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, gobills1212 said:

So? What Beane thinks is all that matters. 

I doubt he will call to ask how you feel. 

But, if and when the time comes - be sure to let him know! 

It is a Buffalo Bills message board.  Excuse me for expressing an opinion for discussion