3-26: Brandon Beane Speaks at the Owners Meetings in Orlando - Talking to a Lot of Teams

2 hours ago, sven233 said:

I will give Beane the benefit of the doubt for now, but I maintain that if the Bills don't come out of the draft with Darnold, Rosen, or Mayfield,. it is an epic, all time failure on his part. 

So yeah.....Beane has the benefit of the doubt for now, but he needs to finish the job.

Sounds like you are someone who is expert on "epic, all time failure" and have it all over your resume.

face-palm-life-homer-simpson-facepalm-fa

7 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Sounds like you are someone who is expert on "epic, all time failure" and have it all over your resume.

face-palm-life-homer-simpson-facepalm-fa

Nope.....just a life that is epic.....

I leave the failure part to you.  You have that down cold.  Keep settling for below average, loser.  We know that's what you're best at.....always coming up a bit short.....

Edited by sven233

38 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

#6 is a sick draft spot.  You either get Barkley, Chubb or get to auction off the 4th QB.  I have no doubt we COULD have beat the Jets offer, but factoring #6 in you likely have to pay #1 pick value to go from 12 to 3.

I'm sure he didn't want to give all of the capital to the Colts and still not get their guy, esp if NYG are on the move...

Edited by Reed83HOF

45 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

I think they will go all in for the QB. I can see his interview after the trade and pick is in "We felt really strongly about Josh Rosen and what he can bring to our team. It was not a tough decision to be able to give what the picks to move up and get him. He is a big upgrade for our team and we felt this was the best move for the Buffalo Bills."

Ballard cannot say, "We gave the Bills a chance to match and they declined." Can't "out" your fellow GMs like that; you talk about the deal you made, not the one you could have made. Also, in the same interview, Ballard did say they would listen to offers and are willing to move from 6....

By making two moves Ballard gets more picks than making one move.  Smart on his part.

Smart on Beane's part as well.  If he decides he has to have one guy he can make a huge offer and jump ahead of the Jets.  If there's a couple he can move to 4 or 6 or maybe lower.  Or stand pat.  The Jets are only potentially guaranteed the third QB drafted.  Fine if there's three they grade as equal, but is that true?

28 minutes ago, sven233 said:

Nope.....just a life that is epic.....

I leave the failure part to you.  You have that down cold.  Keep settling for below average, loser.  We know that's what you're best at.....always coming up a bit short.....

lol last i checked you post here as well sir.......

Pot meet kettle

3 hours ago, sven233 said:

I will give Beane the benefit of the doubt for now, but I maintain that if the Bills don't come out of the draft with Darnold, Rosen, or Mayfield,. it is an epic, all time failure on his part.  

:lol:  Gotta love our Bills fans.  

5 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

By making two moves Ballard gets more picks than making one move.  Smart on his part.

Smart on Beane's part as well.  If he decides he has to have one guy he can make a huge offer and jump ahead of the Jets.  If there's a couple he can move to 4 or 6 or maybe lower.  Or stand pat.  The Jets are only potentially guaranteed the third QB drafted.  Fine if there's three they grade as equal, but is that true?

I honestly think that it came down to 3 wasn't high enough. There are 2 QBs we have rated highly and they didn't want to get stuck and not have their guy be there. One is Darnold, I believe the other is Rosen....

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

I honestly think that it came down to 3 wasn't high enough. There are 2 QBs we have rated highly and they didn't want to get stuck and not have their guy be there. One is Darnold, I believe the other is Rosen....

To be fair, you get to three and you could then pull a Bears and swap the third and other picks for the second overall and secure your guy. Or heck, they swap 3rd and other assets for the first overall.

I understand the idea of giving up so much and still potentially missing, but I'd rather be at three trying to move up one more spot, than at 12 where most say they don't want to trade out of the top ten.

Edited by BillsFan17
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Reed83HOF said:

I agree.  I think they want Rosen.  And if I'm the Giants I don't deal till I'm on the clock and get a team to panic.  I don't think Beane will panic.  If they want Rosen they'll make an offer that gets him.  If not they'll move on.

Or they don't see much difference between guys, and they can take their QB at 12 or 22.

3 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

To be fair, you get to three and you could then pull a Bears and swap the third and other picks for the second overall and secure your guy. Or heck, they swap 3rd and other assets for the first overall.

I understand the idea of giving up so much and still potentially missing, but I'd rather be at three trying to move up one more spot, than at 12 where most say they don't want to trade out of the top ten.

Not gonna be enough this year. The Giants only have like 6 picks, are switching defensive schemes, tight against the cap and trying to squeeze one last run with Eli. They needs picks and we would have shot ours going to 3.

3 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I agree.  I think they want Rosen.  And if I'm the Giants I don't deal till I'm on the clock and get a team to panic.  I don't think Beane will panic.  If they want Rosen they'll make an offer that gets him.  If not they'll move on.

Or they don't see much difference between guys, and they can take their QB at 12 or 22.

I agree...

1 minute ago, BillsFan17 said:

To be fair, you get to three and you could then pull a Bears and swap the third and other picks for the second overall and secure your guy.

How do you know the Giants didn't tell the Bills not to blow all their draft capital getting to 3?  If Darnold goes 1, maybe the Giants would rather have 12 plus 22 and a first next year than 3 and a couple 3rd's.  If I'm the Giants and I'm not taking a QB, I want a 1 next year more than I want the 3rd pick.   

Bills can't make a move to #2 until they know who the Browns pick at 1. And. They can't make a move to #4 until they know who the Browns, Giants and Jets take #1,2,3. Beane is not the type of guy who is going to give up all those picks unless he knows who he can get. This board is going to be in these same hysterics for another month.:blink: