Tyler Dunne heard Cordy Glenn "checked out" after big contract

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Always been a Cordy fan but Tyler Is a very good reporter and I have no reason to disbelieve. 

There is an element of remembering that just because people in the new regime weren’t fans doesn’t mean cordy did anything wrong. 

Tyler could be right, and Glenn still be a fine guy 

1 hour ago, smuvtalker said:

Christ almighty he looked 400 EASY!!  Good for McBeane getting something for him..

LOL.   This place is full of a$$hats.

If you look at the hypertext, that picture is from training camp in 2015...    

20 minutes ago, Lurker said:

LOL.   This place is full of a$$hats.

If you look at the hypertext, that picture is from training camp in 2015...    

That may be true sir, but it doesn't change the fact that in that pic, he looked 400 pounds easy.  

Also, do you not agree that Beane was shrewd, commendable for being able to acquire a draft pick for him?  

Heck, I loved when we drafted him, and felt from day one he was going to be our LT.  When healthy he was one of the best at his position.  But when he started getting hurt, and the injuries mounted up, I think alot of us felt like his head just wasnt in it anymore, specifically this past season...

So I do applaud McBeane for still being able to get something for his chunky ass.  Does that make me an a$$hat?  

Edited by smuvtalker

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I heard he had his heart removed just like Mario & Marcel....big contracts, the end of motivation as we know it.....

I think Rex killed Mario and Marcell

1 hour ago, Misterbluesky said:

Let's not forget about Hughes.

Hughes has been a beast do you actually watch the games.

3 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Something was definitely afoot with both Cordy and Sammy during their last seasons on the roster, respectively.

And yes, pun intended.  There seemed to be a constant, secret fight going on between those players and the team doctors about whether they were well enough to be on the field, the result of which left both players, and the team, resenting and mistrusting each other.

Very, very strange.

Even with the added emphasis on player safety these days, many teams will still push for their players to play while injured. I mean, they aren't forcing these guys, most players know that their spot is in jeopardy if they're hurt so they're usually doing everything they can to get back on the field. 

Sammy is a fair example of that. He definitely wanted to try and gut it out on his bum foot in 2016 but it just wasn't happening. 

An example of the team, let's say... influencing a players decision can be made of Torrell Troup. Coming out of UCF he had a back injury that was serious enough to require surgery. Bills training staff told him he could play thru it with proper treatment and get the surgery after the season. Being a rookie and wanting to impress, Troup chose to play. His back was never 100%, he only jacked it up more during his rookie year. The surgery helped but long term damage was already done and no matter how hard he tried to heal up, it just wasn't meant to be. Kind of a bummer for him once you learn that that's what he went thru his rookie year. 

With all of this said, as you pointed out, perhaps there was some heat between the training staff and some players. Maybe Glenn felt like he should've sat out the year he had that kidney illness and the training staff convinced him he'd be able to play. He did play that season but he was far from 100%. Maybe the same thing happened with the foot injuries. Maybe they rushed him back while he felt like he needed more time to heal up so perhaps his attitude just became, "Fine, f*ck it, I'll play but I ain't buying into anything because I may end up making my foot worse and maybe even shortening my career." 

Or, you know, not.

Edited by blacklabel

I love that this is some kinda of breaking news. A player who is playing for the Bills, when they hadn’t gone to the playoffs in 17 years, checked out. It happened all the time here. We kept most talent by overpaying because we had little to off. We were viewed as a last paycheck or last chance to prove themselves to other teams.

The truth is not many players were happy to be Bills.  But now with great owners (who still make mistakes but are still awesome), not having the longest drought in pro sports, & Buffalo starting to become a real city, things should be changing.

2 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I heard he had his heart removed just like Mario & Marcel....big contracts, the end of motivation as we know it.....

Mario and Marcell were two of the best players at their positions in the entire nfl prior to Rex. They got killed for calling out Rex’s crappy system when they were completely right.  That 2014 defense was one of the best units in Bills’ history. 

10 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Hughes has been a beast do you actually watch the games.

Hughes had 20 sacks in the two years prior to signing the "big daddy" contract.In the past three years,he's had 15,without being doubled up.As far as watching the games go..nah..I'm into the Hallmark Network...lot's of mushy,drama love stories on there...I feel cuddly when I watch...football is too violent for me...the players are always getting hurt,that make me sad.

4 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Hughes had 20 sacks in the two years prior to signing the "big daddy" contract.In the past three years,he's had 15,without being doubled up.As far as watching the games go..nah..I'm into the Hallmark Network...lot's of mushy,drama love stories on there...I feel cuddly when I watch...football is too violent for me...the players are always getting hurt,that make me sad.

I can believe it with your level of knowledge.

14 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

Something that has plagued the Bills far too long during the drought years were too many "good moral character guys" who don't get in trouble and know how to say the right things but lack the relentlessness the kind of players that want to be great and win championships need to have.

So who are those bad players that get in trouble and are winning championships consistently? 

In the last few years we had Zay, CK, Dareus.  Aint me seen no championship!

15 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

His contract doesn't really fall under "big daddy" in terms of solid pass rushers. It's a 5 year deal with $22 million guaranteed, max payout of around $45 million. Being in Rex's scheme for two seasons didn't help much and last season he was really the only pass rusher opponents had to worry about. While he wasn't racking up the sack numbers, he was fifth in the league in terms of QB pressures. So even though he wasn't getting home on every rush, he's still doing his job well by being disruptive, causing rushed throws which can lead to picks or incompletions, etc. He also caused the fumble on Matt Ryan that was scooped up for a TD by Tre' White which proved to be the game-winning score last season so there's that. He's making an impact despite the low numbers. And he's easily one of the most fired up guys on the team, so I don't think he falls into the "got paid, checked out" category at all.