Peter King MMQB: McDermott, Taylor, Benjamin catch, Jim Kelly...

PIZ

1 hour ago, PIZ said:

1. Prayers to Jim Kelly 

2. Chris Mortensen doesn’t have Mason Rudolph listed as a first round QB. He obviously knows absolutely nothing about football and I have no idea how he’s fooled ESPN for this long...

The new catch rule is going to be problematic. If they say that a player has posession with a knee hitting the ground or reaching out then the moment the ball pops free when it hits the ground that has to be ruled a fumble. 

Why do I have a feeling the NFL wants to make the rule so the ball is considered a catch without maintaining control when the player hits the ground but also doesn’t want to rule it a fumble when the ball comes free from hitting the ground?

28 minutes ago, MDH said:

The new catch rule is going to be problematic. If they say that a player has posession with a knee hitting the ground or reaching out then the moment the ball pops free when it hits the ground that has to be ruled a fumble. 

Why do I have a feeling the NFL wants to make the rule so the ball is considered a catch without maintaining control when the player hits the ground but also doesn’t want to rule it a fumble when the ball comes free from hitting the ground?

If the player is contacted and has a knee down, then the player is down, it is not a fumble. If said player has not been touched and the ball pops out then I believe that is a fumble. These were already the rules, I dont see how the new catch rule changes that

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Bray Wyatt said:

If the player is contacted and has a knee down, then the player is down, it is not a fumble. If said player has not been touched and the ball pops out then I believe that is a fumble. These were already the rules, I dont see how the new catch rule changes that

The bolded would have been ruled an incomplete pass in the past due to "not completing the process of going to the ground"

23 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

The bolded would have been ruled an incomplete pass in the past due to "not completing the process of going to the ground"

Correct, however you said, "If they say that a player has posession with a knee hitting the ground or reaching out then the moment the ball pops free when it hits the ground that has to be ruled a fumble. " which is why I was saying the guy would be down by contact, not a fumble.

4 hours ago, MDH said:

Wouldn't the rule still be that the ground can't cause a fumble?

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

2. Chris Mortensen doesn’t have Mason Rudolph listed as a first round QB. He obviously knows absolutely nothing about football and I have no idea how he’s fooled ESPN for this long...

Mason Rudolph should not be a first round pick.  He might go in first round because of Tulip mania.  Never overdraft QB

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Mason Rudolph should not be a first round pick.  He might go in first round because of Tulip mania.  Never overdraft QB

There are people on this very board that think we should draft him at 12, and there’s even a few that don’t believe he’ll still be there at 12 ?

2 hours ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Correct, however you said, "If they say that a player has posession with a knee hitting the ground or reaching out then the moment the ball pops free when it hits the ground that has to be ruled a fumble. " which is why I was saying the guy would be down by contact, not a fumble.

Did you read the article? Who said anything about contact.?

In the past what I said about would have been ruled an incomplete pass. With the new rules it’s a complete pass and - one would assume - a fumble. I’m wondering how happy the fans are going to be when what used to be an incomplete pass is not ruled a fumble and your team has a shot at losing posession?

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

Wouldn't the rule still be that the ground can't cause a fumble?

Ground can always cause a fumble in so long as contact didn’t cause the player to go down.

Just now, Billschinatown said:

Damn it's annoying when you snowflakes get triggered. Just don't read it. 

It's hilarious that the left is trying to own the term snowflakes when literally it is the epitome of that belief.  Especially funny because wapo created it

2 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

That's right, my boys at the top.

Mayfield day one starter.

Not far enough.

Mayfield. #1, overall to the Cleveland Browns. One of the few teams already committed to a 6'2" or shorter QB. 
Telling you guys, he's the first off the boards. :)

4 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

It's hilarious that the left is trying to own the term snowflakes when literally it is the epitome of that belief.  Especially funny because wapo created it

Careful. The George Soros boogeyman is going to get your guns.

*REEEEEEEEEE. Deepstate.

Edited by Billschinatown