ESPN re-grade ranks Bills 2017 draft class 2nd in league

This is a great class, and it gets a boost with Buffalo picking up an extra first-round pick in 2018 for trading down from No. 10 with Kansas City. The Bills already have used that extra draft capital to get in contention to move up in April's draft and pick their quarterback of the future, though they still like fifth-round pick Nathan Peterman – I wrote last year that I wouldn't be surprised if Peterman, now known for his disastrous five-interception debut, "is the starter in a year or two" – and added AJ McCarron on a short-term deal. After moving on from Tyrod Taylor, they have to find an answer there. This was a 2017 playoff team, but the Bills overachieved.

As for the picks, first-round cornerback Tre'Davious White started every game and had four interceptions. Now they need to figure out the spot across from him. Dion Dawkins was so good filling in for Cordy Glenn at left tackle that Buffalo traded Glenn and installed Dawkins on the blind side. Linebacker Matt Milano had 43 tackles in limited snaps and looks like a useful Day 3 pick. I liked the pick of wide receiver Zay Jones on Day 2, but he did not have a great rookie season, catching only 27 of 74 targets

• Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Should have drafted a QB....

The illustrious DeShone Kizer or Davis Webb?  The three QBs even worth looking at were already taken.  And then we took Peterman.

Makes me think that just hanging at #12 instead of trading up may really be the best option.

Also just realizing that this was likely sarcasm, my bad, long night

Edited by Hurricane Marv

48 minutes ago, Hurricane Marv said:

The illustrious DeShone Kizer or Davis Webb?  The three QBs even worth looking at were already taken.  And then we took Peterman.

Makes me think that just hanging at #12 instead of trading up may really be the best option.

Mahomes and Watson were still on the board when our first pick came up.

9 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

though they still like fifth-round pick Nathan Peterman – I wrote last year that I wouldn't be surprised if Peterman, now known for his disastrous five-interception debut, "is the starter in a year or two" – and added AJ McCarron on a short-term deal. After moving on from Tyrod Taylor, they have to find an answer there. This was a 2017 playoff team, but the Bills overachieved.

?

This is should be fun. 

7 hours ago, Hurricane Marv said:

No Pat Mahomes or Watson (seeing both were there at pick 10); also the scouting staff, Whaley & I'd venture even Pegs wanted to trade up for Trubisky, but McD said he could win with TT instead...

3 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

No Pat Mahomes or Watson (seeing both were there at pick 10); also the scouting staff, Whaley & I'd venture even Pegs wanted to trade up for Trubisky, but McD said he could win with TT instead...

There were rumblings that Whaley also liked Watson and we know for sure he wasn't a Taylor guy which lends more credence to him wanting a QB in the '17 draft.

• Thank you (+1) 1