Sam Darnold Wants to Go to Cleveland

3 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The big question there is whether the coaching/management is competent enough to put anything sustainable together.

Philip Rivers fell into a wonderful situation in San Diego early in his career............people forget that for several years he had arguably the best talent around him in the NFL.........but non-QB talent is fleeting if the organization is bad.   John Butler/Marty transitioned to AJ/Norv.....Norv coached their window shut and the slide began.....Rivers has had support issues since as they've juggled leadership.

Haslam is a bad owner,   Hue is at best a non-matchup winner as a HC and Dorsey got fired at his last job.   Maybe they will rise above those  labels but it's more likely that they don't.

I don't believe Dorsey was in control of the franchise in KC.  Reid runs that show. 

1 hour ago, Bobby Hooks said:

No. If Buffalo had the first pick they’d be saying the exact same thing. 

Cleveland is NOT more desirable for a young qb. Kizer was drafted just last year, was totally mismanaged, fed to the wolves when everyone knew he wasn’t ready, and has been completely abandoned and will be lucky to be a third qb next year. 

Not desirable. 

Except the new management is changing that dramatically.

They also have actual receivers on the team

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

USC staffer: Hey guys, the weather patterns show that it’s gonna start raining right when we’re getting ready to throw. So we’re gonna move everything around, and have you throw before it rains and then have the O-line/D-line workout in the rain.
Darnold: Why are we doing that?
USC staffer: Well, so you don’t have to throw in the rain.
Darnold, looking to Palmer: No, we’ll just throw in the rain, right?
Palmer: Yeah.
Darnold: Perfect. I don’t care if it rains. I’m trying to go to Cleveland.

Darnold wants to try #1 pick money.

3 hours ago, Lfod said:

Bills fans are just getting caught thinking the grass is greener on the other side. They love the Browns picks and once the season starts and the Browns go 2-5 to start they will come flocking home.

If the Browns start the season at 2-5, it will be a godsend for Browns fans.

Edited by Mark Vader

Lets see, these first round guys are all slotted from a pay point of view....so, #1 in the first round is the highest paid rookie.  I think I understand the objective as stated.  Darnold is a businessman it appears.  Good for him.  Playing in Cleveland won't be fun for a while however.

3 hours ago, kdiggz said:

Buffalo, Cleveland, Erie PA. What's the difference?

9 wins last year.

• Thank you (+1) 1