Aaron Schatz: 2018 QB Boom and Bust Projections with QBASE

2 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I keep saying it - Mayfield is on his way to a Hall of Fame career.

And we may miss out on him and other good QB's which is why I voted the way I did in the drought thread

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

Keeping in mind that these ratings do not factor rushing in at all, which obviously hurts Lamar the most.

The overall rankings are:

1. Baker Mayfield (4th highest they've had dating back to 1997, behind only Philip Rivers, Carson Palmer, and Donovan McNabb)

2. Lamar Jackson

3. Josh Rosen

4. Sam Darnold

5. Mason Rudolph

6. Luke Falk

7. Kyle Lauletta

8. Josh Allen

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, DCOrange said:

Keeping in mind that these ratings do not factor rushing in at all, which obviously hurts Lamar the most.

The overall rankings are:

1. Baker Mayfield (4th highest they've had dating back to 1997, behind only Philip Rivers, Carson Palmer, and Donovan McNabb)

2. Lamar Jackson

3. Josh Rosen

4. Sam Darnold

5. Mason Rudolph

6. Luke Falk

7. Kyle Lauletta

8. Josh Allen

Wow if I had made my own list it would have looked almost exactly like this. I'm torn between Darnold, Rosen, and Jackson, I have them all a step behind Mayfield but I can't tell you which of those 3 I would draft first.

• Like (+1) 2

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Aaron Schatz: 2018 QB Boom and Bust Projections with QBASE
21 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

And they may all stink, may all be great, or may all be average.  Or some combination of these.  Which is why I just chuckle at these kinds of threads and posts

You keep saying these same things in posts where people are talking about prospects. Why are you so frustrated that people here have opinions on how successful certain prospects will or won't be in the NFL?

1 minute ago, transplantbillsfan said:

You keep saying these same things in posts where people are talking about prospects. Why are you so frustrated that people here have opinions on how successful certain prospects will or won't be in the NFL?

He's a grumpy old man.  He yells at everybody in every thread.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, dbflaBill said:

Mayfield is the best QB since Luck and its not even close. Only reason he is not the consensus number 1 is his height. Literally 2inches away. I've wanted him all year, but admit his height is a concern.

I agree... and I hope this combine/measurable process is pushing him down the draft a little so we can draft him.

There won't be the same fanfare nationally for Buffalo if we draft Mayfield as there would be if we drafted Darnold or Rosen, but I really think Mayfield is going to be the best QB in this class.

6 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Because they state them as if they're carved in stone, and that anyone who disagrees must be stupid.

As in Mayfield is the best and it's not even close.  I've gone past frustrated to just chuckling now

25 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Wow if I had made my own list it would have looked almost exactly like this. I'm torn between Darnold, Rosen, and Jackson, I have them all a step behind Mayfield but I can't tell you which of those 3 I would draft first.

Yes yes yes yes!!!

Those 4 QBs are the QBs I'm most excited about! And honestly I'll even be fine if we traded up a couple spots for Jackson. 

It's seriously baffling me that Allen has somehow been thrust unanimously in front of Jackson.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Because they state them as if they're carved in stone, and that anyone who disagrees must be stupid.

As in Mayfield is the best and it's not even close.  I've gone past frustrated to just chuckling now

It's the nature of message boards now... has been for quite some time now.

Regardless of whether people present their opinions as facts, they are almost always very obviously merely opinion.