wtf are these players taking

My housemate in college got drunk and then smoked at a friend's house. I had a test the next day and was trying to get some sleep when I discovered him trying to climb up the drain pipe in front of our house to get into a window on the second floor. We all yelled at him and made him get down and come in the front door - he claimed aliens were coming to get him and he fully bloodied his hand trying that climb. Found out he had his keys in his pocket the whole time. I've known that guy for 15 years and have never seen him do anything crazy since that isolated incident.  Sometimes you do too much and your wires cross and you're just screwed.

4 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Maybe you and Likeive can make a run at Walmart Thursday night and get a bunch of Elmers?  Report back on the results?

I whipped out my Elmers and sniffed the **** out of it when I read your post bud...

Idk what happened but i just woke up naked on top of my garage 

9 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

Honestly who knows what drugs he took. It could be anything from overdoing it on edibles to synthetics, to mixing various drugs. Everyone's body and mind do have a different reaction to different drugs. From a medical perspective, most freakouts like Zay's are usually caused by the drug causing anxiety and then the anxiety being exasperated by an unfamiliar mental and physical state caused by the drug. So in Zay's case, it might not have even been something crazy like Spice or a synthetic drug. It could honestly anything that has potiental for an adverse reaction. 

Correct. After Colorado legalized recreational weed, we saw quite a few of these freakouts, the combination of inexperienced users and potent edibles and other products. A remarkably similar story:  19 year old kid does a Zay Jones thing in a hotel room, but unfortunately succeeds, plummeting to his death:  https://www.denverpost.com/2014/04/17/man-who-plunged-from-denver-balcony-ate-6x-recommended-amount-of-pot-cookie/

11 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Correct. After Colorado legalized recreational weed, we saw quite a few of these freakouts, the combination of inexperienced users and potent edibles and other products. A remarkably similar story:  19 year old kid does a Zay Jones thing in a hotel room, but unfortunately succeeds, plummeting to his death:  https://www.denverpost.com/2014/04/17/man-who-plunged-from-denver-balcony-ate-6x-recommended-amount-of-pot-cookie/

Sounds like we have a plot for a remake of Reefer Madness. 

9 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

The NFL needs to just quietly stop testing for MJ and let the players smoke. 

I'd MUCH rather them be able to use some MJ as opposed to all these crazy ass chemicals cocktails in the synthetic drugs that guys use to not fail a drug test. 

Its a hell of a lot safer than the damn pain pills they pump these guys full of (and mj can actually help curtail the need for pain pills). 

Just like recreational drinking is perfectly acceptable (in moderation), occasional mj use should be too. It's actually MUCH safer than recreational drinking anyway. 

I'm no pot head. And think it's way less benign than "supporters" keep saying. Yet I fully 100% agree with you. Such a dumbass rule. With some states legalizing it, it gives an easy way out of this testing by the NFL for PR reasons. The real reasons are what you mentioned.

• Like (+1) 1

Hello?!?!

The guy tried to kill himself twice. 

He is seriously depressed. He has a major mental disorder. 

No excuse (drugs) will let him escape himself.

Sooner or later the suicide attempt will be successful.  

Stonehands be dropping everything. 

9 hours ago, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

Sounds like we have a plot for a remake of Reefer Madness. 

I'm no prohibitionist - in fact, I support legalization, and I would like to see the NFL stop testing for marijuana. But we have to admit that for every mind altering substance out there, there are going to be people who suffer adverse effects, and once in a while those adverse effects will be pretty dramatic.

23 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I'm no prohibitionist - in fact, I support legalization, and I would like to see the NFL stop testing for marijuana. But we have to admit that for every mind altering substance out there, there are going to be people who suffer adverse effects, and once in a while those adverse effects will be pretty dramatic.

Absolutely, but it’s hysteria to insinuate that people jumping out of windows is typical. No one will ever say that beer does the same. All bets are off with any substance when someone is already mentally off.