What ya'll are getting with AJ

4 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Im not throwing stones. I don’t think these things can be over or understated. They are just facts. 

The reason it is pertinent here is because an entertainment business  is potentially giving millions and millions of dollars to this individual who has shown poor judgement very recently. Poor judgement off the field, especially if recurring, doesn’t bode well for the success in the pro sports business. 

The money, power and acclaim that comes with graduating into the limelight doesn’t have the same sort of acceleration to maturitation that having to earn a living does. Imo

I don't disagree with you.

My statement was not directed at you, but more general, that people act as if Baker has a recurring issue.

It seems to have been an idiotic mistake.

It should be heavily talked about behind closed doors, privately with him, by ANY team who wishes to draft him.

I think it needs to be looked into and addressed by each individual team, but, unless they feel he isn't being sincere and ready to move forward, then there's no reason to not consider him.

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

Yeah someone else pointed that out.  Digging deep.

Not for me.  I remember Bart Starr very well.  Especially after he got that sneak on the play Jerry Kramer jumped off sides to win the ice Bowl over my beloved Cowboys (until they were ruined by JJ).

57 minutes ago, Tyrod's friend said:

There was plenty of noise regarding his disrespecting some players as well - particularly those that weren't up to his standards. 

What follows is what I surmise and do not know, but I think I am entirely on point here:

I think Rosen is an extremely intelligent person, one that comes from a liberal left coast upbringing. It is not above him to challenge and question everything around him and take nothing at face value. 

The QB we just brought in is a Christian, first and foremost. He wears a cross in the middle of his chest; he's supported Donald Trump; and he's come to work for a head coach that speaks passionately about acceptance of a process and thanks God at every press conference. The new DLman - and I know nothing about his religion or politics - is likewise cut from a cloth that sounds perfectly aligned with what McDermott has come to represent.

To me? Rosen and McDermott would never, ever co-exist well. I am not trying to say that McD is anti-Semitic, or only wants Christians in his lockerroom. But part of the faith of truly reborn Christians is about submitting the self to the larger organism, to the larger path. For the life of me, I can't see Josh Rosen in that lockerroom. (Not to mention, he came out as a junior and McD has been quite expressive about staying with seniors. And if you think about it, in talking about being a senior he's talking about commitment.)

So that leaves Mayfield (as the only senior of the top 5) as the Bills pick.

Sweet!!

Why did AJ drop so far in his draft class?  Projected at 2d round drafted late 5th.  So the OP says the man is full of P&V, but can he play?  I'd also like to note that he looks out of shape in a lot of photos.  He can't pull off the double chin like Big Ben.  Maybe the Buffalo brass just likes the dude with "Mc" in his name. 

AJ  NFL Draft Profile

46 minutes ago, RollBillsRoll said:

This past year, Dalton struggled mightily, leading many to call for a changing of the guard at QB. This would have been a perfect time for AJ to toot his horn or throw Dalton under the bus...instead...“He’s our quarterback…Do you think he wants to have tipped balls that turned into interceptions? Has he worked his whole life for that? … I wish people in this city would back him and go with it. He’s our quarterback, stop making it into something else. Ride with him, trust the team, trust the process and trust what we’re trying to do and be a fan of who’s playing,” McCarron said.

YEEEESSSSSSSSSSSsssssss... PROCESSSSSSSSS

36 minutes ago, RollBillsRoll said:

It was beautiful up there! It is hilarious that you mention the concrete. We had dinner with some of Ithaca's staff before the game. I made the comment that some of our players were truly wondering where all the skyscrapers were and how far we were from brooklyn! He laughed and said "don't feel bad, a couple of our guys were convinced that ya'll would show up barefooted and wearing overalls! 

What a great country we live in!

LOL

Yes sir!

1 minute ago, Badthingsman said:

Why did AJ drop so far in his draft class?  Projected at 2d round drafted late 5th.  So the OP says the man is full of P&V, but can he play?  I'd also like to note that he looks out of shape in a lot of photos.  He can't pull off the double chin like Big Ben.  Maybe the Buffalo brass just likes the dude with "Mc" in his name. 

AJ  NFL Draft Profile

The rumor around here was that he didn't do well in the interviews. That he told every team that interviewed him that he felt he was the best quarterback in the draft, and that rubbed him the wrong way. Also, from al.com...

McCarron, the Alabama starter the past three seasons, predicted a first- or second-round selection. That "rubbed (teams) the wrong way," ESPN's Adam Schefter reported on the draft broadcast.

His on-field performance is strong, but individual interviews with teams were also an issue.

Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network said he spoke with general managers and scouts throughout the draft process about McCarron. He said there were some "personality issues," in the evaluation process.

"Questions from evaluators: How much do teammates really like him? How much did he really follow him," Rapoport said live on the NFL Network broadcast.

There was a quote, after losing to Oklahoma in the Sugar Bowl, where AJ said that he felt some of his teammates had not prepared the right way since they were out of the running for the 3 peat national championship...to some that was AJ throwing teammates under the bus.

Also, he chose not to participate in the senior bowl, which was in his hometown, btw, because he felt that after starting for three years and 2 national championships he felt that he had enough tape to be evaluated. That didn't go over very well, even down here...

I've been hearing a lot of praise for McCarron lately.   It'd  be great if we found a diamond but only time will tell.   I have a few questions re: McCarron?

1.  Can he see over the line

2.  Will he throw in the middle of the field

3.  Does he get the ball out on time

4.  Will he throw WR's open.

If he can do two or more of these he's probably an upgrade over Tyrod.

I enjoyed the read; I had forgotten the incident with 'Bama's center during the Notre Dame N.C. game! 

People were kind of on AJ at the time, but I got it then and I get it now!  Dude is fired up and wants everyone around him working on a high level.  

That attitude has to be welcome in the Bills locker room!

5 hours ago, dorquemada said:

Thanks RollBillsRoll, i'm a huge Bama fan (so much that i brought a wife back from there!) and have been calling for AJM for a long time.  I feel like he has 95% of Baker Mayfield's upside with almost none of his downside, and has the fire that the Bills havent had since the days of Jim Kelly

You can not say that Flutie did not have fire. That is what that little quarterback made his career on. 

My son graduated from UA last year. My only personal experience with AJ was at registration my son's freshman year. He was sitting near us in the cafeteria and he was very accommodating in getting pictures taken with him, even though he was trying to eat lunch. I never heard anything negative about him. By all accounts he's a good guy - with the exception that his wife went to Auburn.

Edited by Sky Diver

25 minutes ago, Engelwood said:

You can not say that Flutie did not have fire. That is what that little quarterback made his career on. 

i dont know why i forgot Flutie, and you're correct, that was a critical aspect of his game.  

1 minute ago, dorquemada said:

i dont know why i forgot Flutie, and you're correct, that was a critical aspect of his game.  

It is hard for me to forget him being from Canada and watching him destroy my home team year after year then he went to play for my NFL team. It was weird to cheer for him after so many years of disappointment at his hands.

1 hour ago, reddogblitz said:

One knock I've read of him is he doesn't handle pressure well. That could be a problem here.

media and on the field pressure eh, 

McCarron handles pressure very well in my opinion, see's everything, always look down field to make a play.

I disagree with that knock red