LB Market

7 minutes ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

IMO, LB is not the position to spend big bucks on in FA, and the Bills have other priorities. Shoring up the defensive line trumps the second level, and who knows what they're spending on Star. 

I think you have to draft linebackers.   You get an occasional Lomax but generally your stars come out of the draft.  

Having said that, I like the idea of bringing Bradham back. 

The Bills will let the initial spending spree on LB happen and then like last year make their signing on a guy like Avery Williamson or Tahir Whitehead who offer as much potential but for less assuming neither is signed away which I don't think happens.

1 minute ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Agree with both. Zach Brown I think still fits our D. Still want him badly.

Both of these guys have the speed that McD's defense requires.  Get one of them, draft an MLB high and bring Kyle back.  Bills will have a MUCH better defense.  

5 minutes ago, ALF said:

Nigel Bradham or Zach Brown if the price is right. Ok with bringing back Preston who knows this system.

I've been wrong about everything, but I'm sure McD wants to replace Preston. Too slow.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

with the lotuleilei signing, need a Luke Kuechly type behind him. Think Rashaan Evans or Roquan Smith in the draft.

if we could somehow hang on to the 22nd pick we might be able to grab Evans there....might be hard to do in a trade up scenario 

13 minutes ago, N.Y. Orangeman said:

Devon Kennard gets over $6m a year for three years....Anthony Hitchen gets $9m a year.    Wow.

It feels like we may get priced out of this market...

Why would we get "priced out of the market"? Last I checked, with the trades of Tyrod and Cordy, Bills are actually in the top half of salary cap space, and Pegula is the 7th richest owner in the NFL. Beane may decide not to pay these initial prices (and that's probably smart), but we're nowhere near salary cap hell.

We need to add 2 starting LBs, and it's doubtful we can get both in the draft. I think we take a LB at #22 (Vander Esch or Evans), but need a FA too.

Nigel Bradham, Zach Brown, or Tahir Whitehead- would absolutely be impact LB signings for the Bills. All good fits for us, hopefully the prices come down after the initial FA frenzy.

29 minutes ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

IMO, LB is not the position to spend big bucks on in FA, and the Bills have other priorities. Shoring up the defensive line trumps the second level, and who knows what they're spending on Star. 

A good front can makes average linebackers good. 

Not a fan of sinking big $$$$ into free agent LBs or RBs.     By the time they get to their second contract they're physically beat up and only rarely have little or no tailoff in their burst.

Draft 'em and invest those dollars at other  positions...

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

Not a fan of sinking big $$$$ into free agent LBs or RBs.     By the time they get to their second contract they're physically beat up and only rarely have little or no tailoff in their burst.

Draft 'em and invest those dollars at other  positions...

It's this type of thinking that cost us 6 more elite years from London Fletcher.