Bombings in Austin

6 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Stay safe.

You can count on it - Thanks! :beer:

I'm not seeing it reported in any of the online stories, but they said on the local news radio that none of the packages were delivered by USPS or any delivery company (UPS, DHL, etc).

I had left work to go pick up some lunch a couple hours ago, and saw police setting up a road block on my normal route back to the office and wondered what was going on. This will have everyone even more on-edge than normal since there's a couple hundred thousand people in town for the SXSW festival.

• Like (+1) 1

#AustinStrong

#PrayForAustin

Done my part

2 hours ago, Azalin said:

The second bomb today (the one that exploded at the home on Galindo st) is only a couple hundred yards from my office.

Glad you're okay

56 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Did you get that delivery I sent you?

You mean the white powder?

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, /dev/null said:

#AustinStrong

#PrayForAustin

Done my part

What a bunch of bullSchiff. You haven't done squat other than post some hashtags.

Had you been serious about this matter, you would have offered thoughts and prayers for the victims. You, sir, are a communist/Nazi/misogynist/racist/bigoted so-and-so that blah blah blah eats children blah blah blah kills kittens, hates rainbows and has TWO scoops of ice cream after dinner.

6 hours ago, Azalin said:

You can count on it - Thanks! :beer:

I'm not seeing it reported in any of the online stories, but they said on the local news radio that none of the packages were delivered by USPS or any delivery company (UPS, DHL, etc).

I had left work to go pick up some lunch a couple hours ago, and saw police setting up a road block on my normal route back to the office and wondered what was going on. This will have everyone even more on-edge than normal since there's a couple hundred thousand people in town for the SXSW festival.

Glad you're well.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Wokeness FAIL: CNN’s attempt to make Austin bombings about race SERIOUSLY backfires

WaPo editor sets Austin bombing spin dial to FULL SJW, narrative FAIL ensues

People of color are being bombed in Austin. This story deserves so much more attention. http://nbcnews.to/2DD6uwo

This is what happens when you view everything through a social justice lens.

The story doesn't "deserve" attention because of race.

The latest two #austinbombings victims are white.

ALL the victims were innocent HUMAN BEINGS.

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

Wokeness FAIL: CNN’s attempt to make Austin bombings about race SERIOUSLY backfires

WaPo editor sets Austin bombing spin dial to FULL SJW, narrative FAIL ensues

This is what happens when you view everything through a social justice lens.

The story doesn't "deserve" attention because of race.

The latest two #austinbombings victims are white.

ALL the victims were innocent HUMAN BEINGS.

And all the "This is only getting national attention now because the latest two victims are white..."

Uh...when was this not getting national attention?  In that it isn't, it's only because the media's too busy reporting "Breaking News: Trump's still an !@#$" stories.

20 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

And all the "This is only getting national attention now because the latest two victims are white..."

Uh...when was this not getting national attention?  In that it isn't, it's only because the media's too busy reporting "Breaking News: Trump's still an !@#$" stories.

Just imagine the Schiffstorm if it comes out that Trump had THREE scoops of ice cream after supper! This Austin bombing nonsense will be forgotten faster than the Las Vegas massacre.

8 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Just imagine the Schiffstorm if it comes out that Trump had THREE scoops of ice cream after supper! This Austin bombing nonsense will be forgotten faster than the Las Vegas massacre.

What Las Vegas massacre?

7 hours ago, KD in CA said:

I wished you'd just mail them to CNN and WaPo.

I can't afford all that postage. I'm just going to email them.  I'm sending a candygram to a few folks: Oprah, Cam Newton, Tubbs from Miami Vice and Mongo.

Edited by Boyst62

1 hour ago, Nanker said:

Yep, this time it exploded on a conveyor belt in a FedEx distribution center in Shertz, Texas, a suburb on the north side of San Antonio, about 65 miles south of here. They're reporting that the package originated in Austin and was headed to a different Austin address. As a precaution, the FedEx distribution center here in the SE side of Austin has been shut down. The bomb would have been routed through there on it's way to the victim.

http://www.wsaz.com/content/news/Package-bomb-explodes-at-FedEx-facility-in-San-Antonio-Texas--477360803.html

56 minutes ago, Nanker said:

This is terrorism. Whether its domestic or imported.  There's a wack job on the loose and the sooner its apprehended, the better for all. Would be best if they blew their own self up next.  

yup, CNN is getting ready to hug the perp if he survives getting taken in

1 hour ago, Nanker said:

This is terrorism. Whether its domestic or imported.  There's a wack job on the loose and the sooner its apprehended, the better for all. Would be best if they blew their own self up next.  

There's certainly an element of terror involved, but I associate terrorism (perhaps incorrectly) with attacks meant to kill and injure on a larger scale than this. Out of 5 bombs, two people have been killed, one critically injured, and two seriously injured. The most recent explosion is reported to have caused the victim minor injuries. On the other hand, the city is pretty freaked out right now, so whoever is doing this is definitely terrorizing Austin.

Police have been responding to hundreds of calls from residents too frightened to pick up their Amazon deliveries.

42 minutes ago, Azalin said:

There's certainly an element of terror involved, but I associate terrorism (perhaps incorrectly) with attacks meant to kill and injure on a larger scale than this. Out of 5 bombs, two people have been killed, one critically injured, and two seriously injured. The most recent explosion is reported to have caused the victim minor injuries. On the other hand, the city is pretty freaked out right now, so whoever is doing this is definitely terrorizing Austin.

Police have been responding to hundreds of calls from residents too frightened to pick up their Amazon deliveries.

Is he mailing out bombs as part of a larger political effort?  If so...terrorism.  If not...!@#$.  Son of Sam terrorized New York, but he wasn't a terrorist. 

This bomber has some pretty significant skills.  Five bombs, one premature detonation, and one sophisticated enough that it apparently included some sort of proximity detonator (tripwire or something.)  That's better than the Unabomber managed, so somebody either knows what the hell they're doing or is really lucky.

12 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Is he mailing out bombs as part of a larger political effort?  If so...terrorism.  If not...!@#$.  Son of Sam terrorized New York, but he wasn't a terrorist. 

This bomber has some pretty significant skills.  Five bombs, one premature detonation, and one sophisticated enough that it apparently included some sort of proximity detonator (tripwire or something.)  That's better than the Unabomber managed, so somebody either knows what the hell they're doing or is really lucky.

eventually they reach out to the public for more attention...

Just now, row_33 said:

eventually they reach out to the public for more attention...

I guarantee the FBI's consulted with the Austin PD to come up with strategies to make the bomber do just that.  I have a pretty good idea what they'll do, too - create a named task force, to feed his ego, then make one detective the face of the task force, to personalize it and make it a mano-e-mano contest of minds for the bomber.  

54 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I guarantee the FBI's consulted with the Austin PD to come up with strategies to make the bomber do just that.  I have a pretty good idea what they'll do, too - create a named task force, to feed his ego, then make one detective the face of the task force, to personalize it and make it a mano-e-mano contest of minds for the bomber.  

Wasn't that the plot of one of the CSI's DR wrote?

Any wonder he's "going on a research/vacation trip" at this moment?  Face it, he's helping the FBI on this one. :ph34r:

50 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

reaches out or bungles one badly.....

42 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Wasn't that the plot of one of the CSI's DR wrote?

Any wonder he's "going on a research/vacation trip" at this moment?  Face it, he's helping the FBI on this one. :ph34r:

they really don't bring in psychics.....

9 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Mail bombings are like poisonings...they're so arm's length, you have to bungle it really badly to get caught.

i remember morning cartoons interrupted back in the day for a NYC townhouse exploding due to the finickiness of a homemade bomb....

and i understand it is very hard to build something that works as designed

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

i remember morning cartoons interrupted back in the day for a NYC townhouse exploding due to the finickiness of a homemade bomb....

Like I said, this guy has skills.

I saw some complaints about how the police first focused on the first victim as the bomber, "because he's black."  Uh, no...it's because usually the first victim of a bomber is the bomber, because making bombs is bloody difficult, and an amateur is as likely as not going to blow himself up.

• Like (+1) 1