#13 Buffalo vs #4 Arizona 3/15 9:40pm CBS

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

What breaks?

Exactly.  Maybe the out of bounds ball of Perk, but other than that there weren't any.  They earned that, no breaks, all heart, talent, and hustle.

Of course this is a Bills board, so "embarrassing win" posts to come....

Edited by ricojes

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

What breaks?

Before it ended up being a 20 point blow out, they had a couple lucky bounces and were lucky to get a couple calls.

The 4th foul on Ristic... A couple of times they looked to touch it last before it went out of bounds, especially the one the ref incorrectly came over and overruled the initial call.

The 3 that banked in from the right wing, the 3 that went off the rim, the backboard, and then the front of the rim again. The pguard losing control of the ball while the defense collapsed the lane landing right in Perkins hands for an easy two.... All of this was happening when it was a single digit game and I think contributed to Arizona just folding. 

I didn't say they didn't deserve to win the game. 

5 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

What breaks?

I assume he didn't mean 'breaks' as in 'calls' -- I didn't see any wrong calls.  But UB got a couple good bounces.  Still, it nothing but icing on the cake.  They curbed stomped AZ.

3 minutes ago, ricojes said:

Exactly.  Maybe the out of bounds ball of Perk, but other than that there weren't any.  They earned that, no breaks, all heart, talent, and hustle.

Of course this is a Bills board, so "embarrassing win" posts to come....

You know being that sensitive is pretty unattractive. 

No one is saying embarrassing win. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Before it ended up being a 20 point blow out, they had a couple lucky bounces and were lucky to get a couple calls.

The 4th foul on Ristic... A couple of times they looked to touch it last before it went out of bounds, especially the one the ref incorrectly came over and overruled the initial call.

The 3 that banked in from the right wing, the 3 that went off the rim, the backboard, and then the front of the rim again. The pguard losing control of the ball while the defense collapsed the lane landing right in Perkins hands for an easy two.... All of this was happening when it was a single digit game and I think contributed to Arizona just folding. 

I didn't say they didn't deserve to win the game. 

And AZ didn't get away with about 10 fouls in the first half? Just 3 called. Breaks are in the eye of the beholder

Edited by PromoTheRobot

2 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

I assume he didn't mean 'breaks' as in 'calls' -- I didn't see any wrong calls.  But UB got a couple good bounces.  Still, it nothing but icing on the cake.  They curbed stomped AZ.

This is exactly my point. Their was nothing egregious, just the typical stuff you see in a basketball game. And they capitalized on it. They played great. 

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

And AZ don't get away with about 10 fouls in the first half? Just 3 called. Breaks are in the eye of the beholder

Jesus man.

Ok I was wrong. If that's what it takes to get you to leave me alone. 

They were letting a lot go both ways in the first half.

Edited by Ol Dirty B

3 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

PTR has been waiting years for this moment....he doesn't even want to see a cloud on the horizon right now, much less a drop of rain!

Congrats Promo, enjoy it!

This is like the Bills making the playoffs. First tournament win. Highest rated team ever defeated, on national TV. This is a coming out like Gonzaga years ago. #UBHornsUp is trendng on Twitter. And this school has had no notable athletic history on a national level. It's incredible.

• Like (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Someone tweeted Sal Capaccio, an SU alum, that Buffalo is the new standard for college ball in New York State. That actually got under his skin.

Enjoy it, Roboman.    That was a great game and a real milestone for the program...

8 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

This is like the Bills making the playoffs. First tournament win. Highest rated team ever defeated, on national TV. This is a coming out like Gonzaga years ago. #UBHornsUp is trendng on Twitter. And this school has had no notable athletic history on a national level. It's incredible.

Coming out parties for unheralded schools is absolutely the best thing about this tournament.  Seeing what teams outside of the ACC, BigTen, etc. can do is the primary reason why the highlight of the tourney is the opening 4 days.

Give me all the UB, Valpo, Loyola Chicago, Butler and certainly URI wins you can muster.

Edited by KD in CA
  • Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I've given you a lot of guff over the years but I'm happy for you on this. Congrats. That must feel fantastic. My alma mater somewhat (spent my last year of five there) and grew up close, but you're a great UB fan. So enjoy it. Kudos.

Edited by Kelly the Dog