OPINION: We have a trade partner in place

McBean

17 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

You think Beane and Gettleman haven't been talking?

The Bills will sign a vet, trade *both 1sts, a 2nd, 3rd, Cordy Glenn and next year's 3rd for the Giants' #2 pick and draft Josh Rosen.

Lock it up.

I'd be okay with this.

17 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

The Bills will sign a vet, trade *both 1sts, a 2nd, 3rd, Cordy Glenn and next year's 3rd for the Giants' #2 pick and draft Josh Rosen.

Lock it up.

Sounds right. Im hoping

7 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

I could see that 3rd pick going back to Cleveland with the 2 firsts...essentially being Tyrod and two firsts

Me too. I think it's "conditional" in the sense that its based on whether or not the Bills want to trade up at 4. 

Just now, LA Grant said:

Me too. I think it's "conditional" in the sense that its based on whether or not the Bills want to trade up at 4. 

I think it's conditional based on if Barkley falls to 4 or not.  Or it could be if a certain QB is there at the pick.  Who knows haha??? This is gonna be one crazy offseason.

32 minutes ago, McBean said:

Or feel confident we have a veteran to sign after this move today.

No way McBean goes into next season with Peterman.

IMO, an announcement will be made soon about a trade into the top 10.

No way the Bills announce anything unless they get the 1st pick in the draft.

36 minutes ago, McBean said:

Or feel confident we have a veteran to sign after this move today.

No way McBean goes into next season with Peterman.

IMO, an announcement will be made soon about a trade into the top 10.

soon.... as on draft day?......that's usually how it works.  and he will be going into next season with nate.....nate and a vet (fa or trade)....or nate and a rook.

So the Eagles made a trade with the Dolphins in order to move up higher, which would be easier to secure the #2 overall.

Yet, here it's absurd to imagine Buffalo trades up into the top ten without knowing who will be there...

Ever cross anyone's mind that Buffalo wants to get the 2nd or 3rd but know those teams may not want to drop all the way to the 20s.

Hence, get into the top ten and you are a lot easier to do business with.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

I think it's conditional based on if Barkley falls to 4 or not.  Or it could be if a certain QB is there at the pick.  Who knows haha??? This is gonna be one crazy offseason.

Barkley is not sliding to 4th pick. This TT deal helps a ton now as the only reason I seen the Giants or Colts staying at 2 and 3 was for a shot at Barkley. One, if not both teams trade out. Giants could possibly stay for QB but I doubt it.

Browns will take him 1st overall now and most likely Allen at number 4.

Edited by Real McCoy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Lock it up.

that's called grabbin the ankles there....PASS

2 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

So the Eagles made a trade with the Dolphins in order to move up higher, which would be easier to secure the #2 overall.

Yet, here it's absurd to imagine Buffalo trades up into the top ten without knowing who will be there...

Ever cross anyone's mind that Buffalo wants to get the 2nd or 3rd but know those teams may not want to drop all the way to the 20s.

Hence, get into the top ten and you are a lot easier to do business with.

Much harder to do business with someone when you just gave up a bunch of your trade chips to move up to the top 10 and now have to give up more to move up closer....

I agree that the Bills have a trade-up in principle OR feel confident in signing one of the top FA QBs. As OP said, there's no way they make the Tyrod trade without having a concrete plan in place. 

With two 1sts, two 2nds, and two 3rds, not to mention their filling of roster holes before FA even starts...all signs point to a trade-up for a QB. If you STILL don't see these signs for what they are, I can't help you. It's gonna happen.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 4

29 minutes ago, BillsFan692 said:

Browns are taking barkley #1 overall no?

9 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Barkley is not sliding to 4th pick. This TT deal helps a ton now as the only reason I seen the Giants or Colts staying at 2 and 3 was for a shot at Barkley. One, if not both teams trade out. Giants could possibly stay for QB but I doubt it.

As crazy at is sounds to some, I think it's Barkley #1.

They got a guarantee of the 3rd best QB.

But I don't believe the Browns could be done yet, still think they could be a buyer.

If that happens (Barkley at #1) and the Colts are really thinking of Chubb at #3.

It may make sense for Cleveland and Indianapolis to swap with Cleveland for #3 plus a 2nd.

Colts know that Cleveland is picking a QB and Browns now get one of the top 2 QBs.

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

As crazy at is sounds to some, I think it's Barkley #1.

They got a guarantee of the 3rd best QB.

But I don't believe the Browns could be done yet, still think they could be a buyer.

If that happens (Barkley at #1) and the Colts are really thinking of Chubb at #3.

It may make sense for Cleveland and Indianapolis to swap with Cleveland for #3 plus a 2nd.

Colts know that Cleveland is picking a QB and Browns now get one of the top 2 QBs.

Maybe on the Colts front that could happen. Reich is a smart dude and knows his team has way to many holes to fill right now. The smart move for them would be to trade back IMO. Giants are in the same boat if truly commited to Eli for the next 2-3 years.

FA and draft day cannot get here soon enough. This is the weirdest offseason PRE-FA I have ever seen.

Go after Foles. Keep the two #1's, but give them our #56 pick (one we got from LAR) and our #121 (4th rd). If that doesn't do it, sorry. That way we'd get our QB, but still have both 1's, a 2, and both 3's. Hell, maybe trade down on one of the 1's and get additional picks (if we get Foles). 

• Like (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Or they could do something else...it's the Browns.

37 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Much harder to do business with someone when you just gave up a bunch of your trade chips to move up to the top 10 and now have to give up more to move up closer....

So we are assuming the price would empty the cubbard? You do remember the Chiefs jumped from 27 to 10 last year and didn't lose all their draft capital. 

Again, the Eagles moved up with the Phins THEN moved up to #2. 

Beane/McDermott have been crafty in acquiring the ammo to do anything they need to in the draft.

15 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Maybe on the Colts front that could happen. Reich is a smart dude and knows his team has way to many holes to fill right now. The smart move for them would be to trade back IMO. Giants are in the same boat if truly commited to Eli for the next 2-3 years.

FA and draft day cannot get here soon enough. This is the weirdest offseason PRE-FA I have ever seen.

Beane is methodical isn't he?  I mean he got out of TT's contract and the highest 3rd pick!

I got to think it's all about a FA QB (who knows who and for how much).

When he get's that FA QB it will be all about the draft.

It seems he keeps focus on each step, one at a time.  I like it!

and yes................it is the weirdest offseason I can remember! 

• Like (+1) 2