If you went to college

BillsNYC

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I beat you by one year, making me the oldest Fredonia grad on this board so far.  Class of '74.  I actually took 3 courses in one session of the summer of 74 to finish up.

271848[/snapback]

I took 1 class in the summer of 74 so I could graduate on time. It was "Sociology of Sports". I only got a C because the prof & I had different ideas of what sociology in sports meant. I turned in a term paper on franchise movements in baseball with the angle being that owners set up franchise movement by undermarketing a team and driving the fans away from the seats when the promise for profits are better elsewhere. The prof thought I should have emphasized the fan heartbreak over losing a franchise instead of analyzing the business reasons for franchise shifts. Looking back, my paper was probably better suited for an economics class than a sociology class.

Another funny story out of that class was that one if the students had spent time in prison (I can't remember how the topic came up). When he first mentioned it for a few seconds just about every classmate got a little nervous thinking we had some hardened convict with us in class. Then he said it was for drug possession & everyone relaxed.