If you went to college

BillsNYC

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Niagara University (Purple Eagles 2005 MAAC Champs)

270854[/snapback]

SUNY Fredonia. Well, that's what the diploma says. I say I actually "went" to college on a couch on 38 White Street, in Fredonia, as I spent far more days there than at the school itself.

Temple University '99 (Philadelphia, PA.....alma mater of Bill Cosby, Mr. Roper from Three's Company, and one Mr. BOB FRIGGIN SAGET, BABY!)

Emory University '01 (Atlanta, GA.....'The Harvard of the South')

I attended college at Shippensburg University, but did not graduate.

270872[/snapback]

You have any Gannon U grads in your family?

Temple University '99 (Philadelphia, PA.....alma mater of Bill Cosby, Mr. Roper from Three's Company, and on Mr. BOB FRIGGIN SAGET, BABY!)

270871[/snapback]

Fordham Grads - Denzel Washington, Alan Alden, Vince Lombardi, Donald Trump spent a semester there I think. There'sa bunch more I don't know off my head.

Temple University '99 (Philadelphia, PA.....alma mater of Bill Cosby, Mr. Roper from Three's Company, and one Mr. BOB FRIGGIN SAGET, BABY!)

270871[/snapback]

I know a girl currently at Temple and she says she doesn't feel too safe there. Did you feel that way at all?

god damn right.

Dan, what year did you graduate? What degree?

270876[/snapback]

'91, Comp Sci, english minor. About 10 years ahead of you bub. :lol:

Poojer had already ruined the place by the time I showed up. :lol:

You have any Gannon U grads in your family?

270880[/snapback]

None that I know of. I have a good friend of mine who is like family that graduated from Penn State Erie (Behrend), but that's all I can think of. My brother graduated from Miami of Ohio, my father attended Bethany College, and my Mother never went to college. She went to work straight out of high school and worked for the same employer, my current one, until she retired this past December.

I know a girl currently at Temple and she says she doesn't feel too safe there. Did you feel that way at all?

270886[/snapback]

LOL......well, the surrounding area of the main campus in North Philly is not somewhere you want to be hanging out on a whim......but as for the actual campus, given that Temple University has the 3rd largest police force in the entire State of Pennsylvania, I'd say she's more safe than she realizes. When I left there in '99, the main campus had improved their crime statistics dramatically. Temple is predominantly a commuter school, though, so chances are what freaks her out is all the stuff she sees on the way in......not stuff that actually occurs on the campus.

Ironically enough, the Philly school that has the most issues with crime (last I knew) is the U of Penn.....an Ivy League school! There are places where they have their computers literally chained down to the desks lol.......I never saw that anywhere at Temple.

None that I know of.  I have a good friend of mine who is like family that graduated from Penn State Erie (Behrend), but that's all I can think of.  My brother graduated from Miami of Ohio, my father attended Bethany College, and my Mother never went to college.  She went to work straight out of high school and worked for the same employer, my current one, until she retired this past December.

270900[/snapback]

Wow, that's surprising. My dad got his Bachelors at Gannon, and I'm pretty sure I have some cousins who are at Gannon. It's a good little school, from what I hear. Don't know much about it though, other than the fact that it's in Erie.

Fordham Grads - Denzel Washington, Alan Alden, Vince Lombardi, Donald Trump spent a semester there I think. There'sa bunch more I don't know off my head.

270881[/snapback]

One of the nuns at Marywood (where I went to school) went to Fordham. She was the scariest woman I ever met - like a tank with eyes! :lol:

Wow, that's surprising. My dad got his Bachelors at Gannon, and I'm pretty sure I have some cousins who are at Gannon. It's a good little school, from what I hear. Don't know much about it though, other than the fact that it's in Erie.

270908[/snapback]

It's an expensive school (private Catholic school), but a good one, from what I've been told.