Sources: Dolphins to release Ndamukong Suh

2 minutes ago, T-Bomb said:

Why does it seem like D-Linemen have a habit of not performing up to their big money contracts?  I have no stats on this, but it just seems like that group are the worst offenders.

He was the fifth best dt in the league last year. He’s lived up to his deal

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

Post June 1st cut saves them 17 million. Miami is my dark horse to be in on Cousins. They don't have space but can create a ton easily.

Post June does nothing but push damage to next year. Better off taking the hit at once and get it over with. 

3 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

Post June does nothing but push damage to next year. Better off taking the hit at once and get it over with. 

2 minutes ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

Depends on how they are set up next year and what they want to do this year. Both ways have their merits.

Miami has to shed 19 million by next week.  I think they are forced to do June 1 designation.

13 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

He won't come here.

That is perfectly fine with that contract being one of the worst

The Quinn signing  and his 11M helped make all this possible. Stupid signing for 10 games a year and 5 sacks in spite of what the experts on 2BD say.

Edited by horned dogs

16 minutes ago, T-Bomb said:

Why does it seem like D-Linemen have a habit of not performing up to their big money contracts?  I have no stats on this, but it just seems like that group are the worst offenders.

For tackles a few things 

Its a position that hurts to play every single snap and that both wears guys down mentally but leaves them playing beat up physically which causes inconsistency and short windows where they can be explosive 

its a position that requires an incredibly rare body type so you pay a premium simply because the guy rarely exists 

Often they are guided into the sport not because they love it but because people think “wow you are huge you have to play”

also fans are often poor judges of interior line play impact - even when impactful they aren’t as flashy as you’d see from 16m at other positions 

9 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

As you can carry unused money over there’s essentially no downside to pushing hits later as long as you are disciplined in your spending. It’s a zero interest loan essentially to use the June 1 designation 

Edited by NoSaint
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

Miami has to shed 19 million by next week.  I think they are forced to do June 1 designation.

Yup. Plus all the other cuts they could easily do. They will almost surely trade Landry. That's almost 16 million there as well I believe. Julius Thomas saves then 6.5 million. Rumors they will cut Ju'wan James-another 9 million. Plus if they land a QB they like better than Tannehill and move him that's 17.5. million. They are in much better shape than it appears.

• Haha (+1) 1