Who is our QB coach and is he good?

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

David Culley, he’s a good WR coach

I'm very skeptical about his ability to mold a young QB. When we hired him I remember Andy Reid saying he wanted to move in to fatten his resume for an eventual HC job. Reid seemed very impressed  by his coaching. Sounded at the time like it was a favor McD did for his old mentor.

Culley now seems like he will have a chance to sink or swim depending on how the QB the Bills draft pans out. On the one hand I don't like that he has so little experience with QBs, but on the other hand I don't know how he is in the QB room with the guys, how he coaches or if he will do well or not. But at the very least he's a guy that may very well bust his butt to make his name with HCing hopes.

1 hour ago, BBillsWestCoast said:

Thank you,  KJ! His resume looks decent and anyone on that staff has to be pretty good. 

Spent four seasons as Kansas City’s Assistant Head Coach/Wide Receivers...

great, maybe he can teach our QBS how to catch the ball.

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, kdiggz said:

That must mean we are drafting Lamar Jackson! Connect the dots...

Who in their right mind pairs-up a questionable QB coach, with an OC who's only fielded lousy offenses?

th?id=OIP.pL2RdiqMPUgNw2OA9ghUZgHaFj&pid

Lord help AJ, and whichever rookie McBeane drafts...

On 3/9/2018 at 3:55 AM, BBillsWestCoast said:

The only teams that can groom shaky prospects have a veteran QB and/or a killer QB guru. 

That's a shaky assertion, though clearly it would be the best situation for a QB to develop in.

Who was Brees's QB coach in SD the first year when he didn't play because the starter was Flutie. Was Flutie the guy you want to learn fundamental football from? From my research, I see it was Mike Johnson, the current WRs coach at Oregon.

In any case, McCarron doesn't have a ton of on-field experience but he's a vet who has a lot to teach.