Sal Capaccio: Five Offensive Free Agents Who Could Fit the Bills

Just now, PaattMaann said:

1. Josh Allen is # 1 - says you

2. harazdous at best - says the guy who obviously hasnt been to bills games? Until late november, so more than half of our home games, weather is not a factor. And then most years, the "wind swirls" dont even effect the passing game. This is a fallacy. Maybe if we were talking about kickers here. 

3. I agree we could maybe wait and pick one. But I trust our FO. If they think they need to trade up to grab the guy they identify as being the best QB in this class, I am all for giving up whatever is necessary to do so. Would you give up three full drafts to have Tom Brady 8 years ago? Or Aaron Rodgers 8 years ago? I sure would. That guy COULD be in this draft, will never know unless we take a chance. 

#1. Josh Allen says Mike Mayock and other insiders who say the BROWNS are considering him at 1.

#2. I don't go every year, but I've been to games where it has rained in the 1st half and my clothes were drenched and by the 2nd half the temperature was below freezing. Quit pretending like RWS is like playing in a dome, not true.

#3. From a sheer numbers standpoint, I mean at least 2-3 of the QBs this year are going to be long term starters in the NFL, I mean you got Allen, Rosen, Darnold, Mayfield, Jackson, Rudolph, White, Lauletta, etc. It's just a numbers game at this point, maybe we have to move up 5-10 spots, maybe we can just stand PAT, but I don't think we do something drastic and trade up to #2 or anything.

On March 7, 2018 at 10:01 PM, Kirby Jackson said:

I think that’s in the ballpark. The Bills need a 1 or 2 though and it won’t be easy to land in the draft. I think that they can fill out the rest of the WR room fairly easily.

If they find Richardson to be too expensive maybe they try to swing a trade for a WR? I’ll throw a couple of names out: Martavis Bryant, Emmanuel Sanders, TY Hilton, Willie Sneed, a GB receiver or Josh Gordon. I’m not sure if any (or all) of these guys could be had but it is worth picking up the phone.

Kirby, how about John Brown from Arizona? The guy has speed and is a return man. Can probably get him at a good price too. I think he was more consistent as a receiver than Goodwin.

9 minutes ago, the skycap said:

Kirby, how about John Brown from Arizona? The guy has speed and is a return man. Can probably get him at a good price too. I think he was more consistent as a receiver than Goodwin.

I like Brown too. He would be a nice, cost-effective addition. The Bills need some speed.

11 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I like Brown too. He would be a nice, cost-effective addition. The Bills need some speed.

They desperately need some speed at WR, so bad I don't think you could put a price on it right now. They need someone that can keep teams from dropping a safety down in the box, someone like Sammy(I'm not saying Sammy , but someone who can command that attention). That opens the field up for everyone especially Shady. I don't know if that can be accomplished this year or not, but it's one of the bigger needs that would make and would make an immediate impact on the team.

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/8/2018 at 8:14 AM, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I love Richardson but I don't see him coming to Buffalo. We would have to over pay for him big time. I am expecting Zay Jones to have a good 2nd year as long as Taylor is not the one passing him the football.

‘Expect’ all you want. But there was zero evidence of it from his rookie campaign.

Anyway, I want Sammy back!

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

They desperately need some speed at WR, so bad I don't think you could put a price on it right now. They need someone that can keep teams from dropping a safety down in the box, someone like Sammy(I'm not saying Sammy , but someone who can command that attention). That opens the field up for everyone especially Shady. I don't know if that can be accomplished this year or not, but it's one of the bigger needs that would make and would make an immediate impact on the team.

Couldn’t agree more, look at the yards per carry last year vs. the year before.

• Like (+1) 1

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 9:48 PM, Kirby Jackson said:

Richardson is such an obvious fit. He’s going to be in demand but makes TONS of sense for the Bills.

How much would you be willing to pay him? Because of the cost and not the talent I don't see Buffalo aggressively pursuing him. 

22 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

‘Expect’ all you want. But there was zero evidence of it from his rookie campaign.

Anyway, I want Sammy back!

Even if Sammy draws double coverage and doesn't have the stats. It opens up the field for everyone else. One of the things this years Bills offense desperately missed, you don't have to look any further than Shady.

On 3/9/2018 at 8:44 AM, dollars 2 donuts said:

Pete, I am just taking a shot, after our draft picks I believe right now we are in the 18 million dollar area.

Anyone, please correct me if I am wrong.

we have about 35 mil in cap space...ivory and owe are not included and need prolly 5 to 8 mil for draft

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/7/2018 at 10:04 PM, Jamie Muellers Ghost said:

Sal likes to boast and talk about himself a lot but I literally cannot remember the last time he got something right about the team he covers.

That dude forgot more about football and the intricacies of it in the last year than 95% of people will ever know in their entire life...dude knows his ****...coming from someone else who knows his ****

He is a sideline reporter for the Bills...I wasnt aware he was the breaking news guy

Edited by matter2003