Joe Banner - Giants looking to win now with Eli, not looking at QB in draft

18 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Eric Galko said that without actually saying it. But then I hear all the Foles rumors, so maybe Foles is their plan A but they already have plan B in place if that doesn't happen.

I'm guessing that it was Indy that offered a 2nd for Foles. He is well known to FR and adds insurance if Luck isn't ready to go early in the season.

21 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Eric Galko said that without actually saying it. But then I hear all the Foles rumors, so maybe Foles is their plan A but they already have plan B in place if that doesn't happen.

Galko actually said they had interest in Foles AND Rosen. But that they would only do one.

5 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

21, 22, 53, 158, Glenn , and McCoy for #2.

Bills still have a pick in each of the 1st 5 rounds.

I think any trade up for #2 is going to look like 21, 22, 53, Glenn or 158, and next years 1st. Glenn and McCoy have very little value to the Giants. Glenn is a bit injury prone lately and is on a huge contract, if the Giants want him fine but he isn't pushing this deal over the top. McCoy is a 30 year old RB making 8 million a year, the Giants capped strapped somewhat aren't taking him on. 

Not only are they going to want a good haul of picks this year (21, 22, 53) but they are also going to want to set the table for next years draft and the Bills are going to have to include next years 1st in that package because some other team will. 

Edited by billsfan89

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Galko actually said they had interest in Foles AND Rosen. But that they would only do one.

I'd prefer Foles but not if we have to use both 1st rounders on him. I've come around to Rosen as the best pure QB prospect but his injury concerns scare me.

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I'd prefer Foles but not if we have to use both 1st rounders on him. I've come around to Rosen as the best pure QB prospect but his injury concerns scare me.

But Foles' entire career besides 1 season doesn't scare you?

1 minute ago, JaCrispy said:

That’s what caught my eye...I hope we don’t give up s first plus Tyrod...

There is a good chance that we are only offering a 3rd, but had to bump it up to a first to get them to take TT

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

But Foles' entire career besides 1 season doesn't scare you?

It scares me less than any of the concerns with the top QBs in the draft. He just played the best football of his life. He just turned 29. I absolutely want him. My mind goes back and forth on if I'd be willing to give both 1sts for him. At least we know we're getting someone who has shown success at the NFL level.

10 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

There is a good chance that we are only offering a 3rd, but had to bump it up to a first to get them to take TT

I don’t mind Foles but I hope it is no more than a 2nd rounder... after all they would be getting a replacement in addition to the pick

Edited by JaCrispy

14 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

I think any trade up for #2 is going to look like 21, 22, 53, Glenn or 158, and next years 1st. Glenn and McCoy have very little value to the Giants. Glenn is a bit injury prone lately and is on a huge contract, if the Giants want him fine but he isn't pushing this deal over the top. McCoy is a 30 year old RB making 8 million a year, the Giants capped strapped somewhat aren't taking him on. 

Not only are they going to want a good haul of picks this year (21, 22, 53) but they are also going to want to set the table for next years draft and the Bills are going to have to include next years 1st in that package because some other team will. 

If Denver does not land a QB in FA it's probably going to have to be more than that if Denver wants to move up to 2.  They have the ammo to do it.  They have #5, two 3rds, three 4ths, plus the 2nd rounder.  Plus they can add future picks if they want.  The price is going to get driven up.  Plus, if the Browns do not take Barkley at #1 it's going to be difficult to convince someone to just I dunno, pass on the best player in the draft.

Edited by NewEraBills
Forgot

2 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

If Denver does not land a QB in FA it's probably going to have to be more than that if Denver wants to move up to 2.  They have the ammo to do it.  They have #5, two 3rds, three 4ths, plus the 2nd rounder.  Plus they can add future picks if they want.  The price is going to get driven up.  Plus, if the Browns do not take Barkley at #1 it's going to be difficult to convince someone to just I dunno, pass on the best player in the draft.

Cousins or Keenum would be a huge relief...This could get pricey, but if you are convinced this is your guy, go bold or go home...

21 minutes ago, offyourocker said:

I sure hope we would not do that for Rosen.  Too many questions.  Mayfield if we move up that much

Ok...i hear ya. Why in your opinion is Mayfield better than Rosen?  I see them as the top 2 by a large margin. But size n smarts, with laser accuracy, outshines drive, commitment,  or any percieved chip imo. Id be happy with either. But if we gotta trade up to 2 to get Rosen, compared with 5 to get Baker, im on the Rosen wagon. Although,  it'd be cool as hell to officially change the name of the 12th man to the "Baker's Dozen"?