Adam Schein Predicts Where the UFA and Draft QBs Land

You've heard offensive minds referred to as "quarterback whisperers." Well, the week between the NFL Scouting Combine and the start of free agency is the time for "whispering about quarterbacks."

Rumors are omnipresent. The conversations coming out of Indianapolis from journalists and executives are as spicy and juicy as the shrimp cocktail and steaks at St. Elmo's Steak House. So let's name names and take some chances.

Here are our predictions for where nine big-name quarterbacks (in both free agency and the draft) will end up, listed in the order that the deals will happen, Schein Nine style. We start with some huge free-agent signings and then move through the 2018 NFL Draft:

1) Kirk Cousins to the Vikings
2) Case Keenum to the Broncos
3) AJ McCarron to the Browns
4) Teddy Bridgewater to the Jets
5) Sam Darnold to the Browns
7) Josh Rosen to the Jets
8) Baker Mayfield to the Dolphins
9) Lamar Jackson to the Bills

Jackson is a quarterback worth drafting in the first round. No more words need to be added to that sentence. I don't want to hear about the former Heisman Trophy winner switching positions. It's offensive. OK, so Jackson completed less than 60 percent of his passes in his college career -- so did Josh Allen. I don't care about either statistical mark.

Even if the Bills are unable to trade up for one of the top four quarterback prospects in the draft, they still have two first-round picks (Nos. 21 and 22), meaning they'll be able to get their signal-caller of the future in Jackson (who would also make a lot of sense for the Chargers, Jaguars and Steelers). And Jackson will get his chance to stick it to everyone who ever questioned him coming out of Louisville.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

Everybody seems to be linking Jackson to the Bills because we have TT and they are similar 

But everything at this time is all smokescreens and I wouldn't trust a word

Actually it's not everybody and some are looking at where the Bills picks are with Jackson quite possibly being there at 21.  The links have nothing to do with Tyrod. 

• Like (+1) 1

I myself don't feel like the Bills are making any huge leaps. I could see this happening. I would not hate it. It's trying something anyway. 

Edited by Lfod
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Actually it's not everybody and some are looking at where the Bills picks are with Jackson quite possibly being there at 21.  The links have nothing to do with Tyrod. 

I mean I definitely think having a mobile QB here for the last 3 years feeds the comparisons and assumptions 

nobody is linking Lamar Jackson to the Saints but Baker is

Edited by Buffalo716

1) Kirk Cousins to the Vikings
2) Case Keenum to the Broncos
3) AJ McCarron to the Browns
4) Teddy Bridgewater to the Jets
5) Sam Darnold to the Browns
7) Josh Rosen to the Jets
8) Baker Mayfield to the Dolphins
9) Lamar Jackson to the Bills

Tannehill and Peterman..........................where is SaviorPeterman?

What is the wager on Jackson to the Bills? Should I have to eat my underwear if he does come to Buffalo in the first? I mean, it'd be like double the punishment for me. More importantly, can I eat my underwear to prevent him from coming to Buffalo?

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

I mean I definitely think having a mobile QB here for the last 3 years feeds the comparisons...

nobody is linking Lamar Jackson to the Saints but Baker is

I don't see the connection with Daboll just coming on board and Baker will be long gone before the Saints pick. 

Just now, Paulus said:

What is the wager on Jackson to the Bills? Should I have to eat my underwear if he does come to Buffalo in the first? I mean, it'd be like double the punishment for me. More importantly, can I eat my underwear to prevent him from coming to Buffalo?

Depends. Did you wear the underwear before and for how long? Is the eating of the undies in a video?

8 minutes ago, Lfod said:

Depends. Did you wear the underwear before and for how long? Is the eating of the undies in a video?

If I was a younger man, I would wager it. However, I'd be willing to risk the constipation to keep that guy off the Bills. 

Practically, I think the ungie eating would have to be done in tiny ungies swatches over a month or so, while the loser wore a Mexican wrestler mask ('cause we don't want to be blackmailed professionally. Haha).

Edited by Paulus

11 minutes ago, Paulus said:

If I was a younger man, I would wager it. However, I'd be willing to risk the constipation to keep that guy off the Bills. 

Practically, I think the ungie eating would have to be done in tiny ungies swatches over a month or so, while the loser wore a Mexican wrestler mask ('cause we don't want to be blackmailed professionally. Haha).

I just became interested more in the stakes then then what it would actually be on honestly. I think the loser gets to have a sauce of choice to ease consuming. Also some kind of cliche Mexican themed song in the background then.

I was joking anyway it's just your wager/pledge triggered me. 

Edited by Lfod

5 minutes ago, Lfod said:

I just became interested more in the stakes then then what it would actually be on honestly. I think the loser gets to have a sauce of choice to ease consuming. Also some kind of cliche Mexican themed song in the background then.

I was joking anyway it's just your wager/pledge triggered me. 

Having stupid fun is a young man's game, until football season...

My favorite for this team is Baker Mayfield.  He's a winner.  I was watching live when he played Kansas and was caught on camera grabbing his sack in their general direction.  I didn't know at the time that the Kansas team refused to shake his hand at the coin toss....in front of kids.  Low class.  But Baker, on the field, is a winner.  He probably grew up more following that nut grab than anything else he went through.

However, if they don't move up, I don't have a problem with them taking Jackson.  The guy won a Heisman and is a world class athlete.  He might end up like Deshaun Watson.  Don't rule it out.  Kid is a stud.  

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

And you know this, exactly, how?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

Everybody seems to be linking Jackson to the Bills because we have TT and they are similar 

But everything at this time is all smokescreens and I wouldn't trust a word

If you rule out trading up for Darnold/Rosen/Mayfield, and you want a QB that at least some consider to be first round quality, you have a limited choice: Lamar Jackson and Mason Rudolph.  It's true that Tyrod being a running QB may sway the opinions of some toward Jackson, but there really are not an abundance of alternatives given the constraints I mentioned.