AFC Team offered a 2nd to the Eagles for Foles - Mort update - want more than 1 and 4

12 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Yes it’s awful because the eagles didn’t take the offer. Foles is my top choice right now for a QB

No offense, but Woof. I liked what he did in the Superbowl and it was great. Cheaping out on this position has held us back and it will continue to do so. Foles is not a franchise QB and that is what the Bills need, end of story...

Just now, John from Riverside said:

You mean like Lamar Jackson?

All things being equal, if my choice is Jackson or the guy I just watched slay Tom Brady and BB in the Super Bowl for a second rounder I'm going with the latter. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

I would be very surprised if they had already offered a 2nd rounder, I could see them throwing a feeler towards the Eagles to see if they might be interested in trading him for that pick but not offer.

It's too early in the process to commit a 2nd.  Not saying they wouldn't ultimately do that and I wouldn't be opposed, just that there are way too many more evaluations and scenarios that have to play out before they make such an offer.

It doesn't comport with who they are.

Edited by Magox

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

All things being equal, if my choice is Jackson or the guy I just watched slay Tom Brady and BB in the Super Bowl for a second rounder I'm going with the latter. 

I was an advocate of Foles back when we were looking at bringing Tyrod back......

That said....Foles did not slay brady....the eagles are a mega talented well coached team.....and Foles took advantage of that (which he should...good for him)

You could Foles and then draft Lamar Jackson as well I guess?

• Like (+1) 1

No offense, but Woof. I liked what he did in the Superbowl and it was great. Cheaping out on this position has held us back and it will continue to do so. Foles is not a franchise QB and that is what the Bills need, end of story...

I agree with this thought process for sure.......but.........Foles would be better than what they have now.  What really needs to happen is an uptick in the skill players on O.

I would be down with Foles for a second (then stand put and draft a QB in Rd 1, depending on who's still there).

Interestingly, was just looking at a BR article mentioned Peter King saying the Eagles want "at least" a first and fourth round pick for Foles (same as they got for Bradford).  At that cost, I'm out, at a second, in...

That's all providing too, that the cost to trade up and get one of this year's top QB prospects is too much!

Edited by Heitz

2 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

He’s more proven than any QB in the draft. He played lights out in all 3 postseason games. And he also holds the record for most tds thrown in a game. Sign me up

Not sure how people see Foles as any bigger of a risk than any of the QB's in the draft. When did unknown rookies become sure things, regardless of their pedigree? 

I personally would rather have Foles and 2 first round picks to dedicate to our needy front 7, rather than take a question mark at QB. 

• Like (+1) 2

Foles makes so much sense for Bills.  He's an upgrade over Taylor, and on a similar contract.  You get better immediately and it doesn't stop you from taking a QB in 1st round.  Only thing it probably prevents you from doing is trading up for a QB, but I don't think it's too early in process for Bills to know what it's gonna cost and who they'd want to go up and get, and have determined that's not the route they wanna go.  

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

The Bills QB woes have little to do with being cheap. They paid big $$ ( at the time) to Rob Johnson for example. Their issues have been a consistently poor allocation of draft resources and bad decisions , nothing to do with money. Foles was the SB MVP and threw pinpoint passes all night. For the right pick, he's worth the chance. I'm not sure the Bills brass thinks there's a potential franchise guy they can get short of giving up three firsts. Is there a Luck/ Wentz type prospect available to them. 

My thought process on Foles is, while yes, he has question marks, the goal of NFL football is to win the Superbowl. He has more experience with that than Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield, Allen, Rudolph, Jackson, etc. put together, regardless of how stacked that team was (which it admittedly was). I'd also like to point out that, while a great team helps obviously, dropping dimes from 50 yards out is something only the QB is in control of. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I was an advocate of Foles back when we were looking at bringing Tyrod back......

That said....Foles did not slay brady....the eagles are a mega talented well coached team.....and Foles took advantage of that (which he should...good for him)

I would be happy all-day with Foles and Mason on the roster.

8 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

That would be a good plan. Get Foles and draft someone like Jackson without having to move up much, if it all at 21 and 22.

11 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Imo he slayed  him. Went toe to toe with TB and threw darts all night long. With all that talk about the NE DB that didn't play, that coverage was pretty tight and Foles was dropping dimes. Was a slaying in my book. 

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

The Bills QB woes have little to do with being cheap. They paid big $$ ( at the time) to Rob Johnson for example. Their issues have been a consistently poor allocation of draft resources and bad decisions , nothing to do with money. Foles was the SB MVP and threw pinpoint passes all night. For the right pick, he's worth the chance. I'm not sure the Bills brass thinks there's a potential franchise guy they can get short of giving up three firsts. Is there a Luck/ Wentz type prospect available to them. 

Cheaping out does not necessarily mean $$$. Yes we paid money and picks for RJ and then traded up for Losman; other than that it has been journeymen, backups et al. with this team. Also, I wouldn't be so sure to say it has nothing to do with money. Prior to the rookie cap, first round QBs cost a lot of money; after Donahoe and cash the cap - RW/Littman was not going to spend money on a top QB....

History is littered with SB MVPs who were not great players...

image.thumb.png.712c40d4d6057633c0f31e0d841a9659.png

Not good enough and he is already 29...waste of a #2

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

Imo he slayed  him. Went toe to toe with TB and threw darts all night long. With all that talk about the NE DB that didn't play, that coverage was pretty tight and Foles was dropping dimes. Was a slaying in my book. 

QBs dont slay each other.....they go against the other teams opposing defenses

And the Eagles are stacked

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

Bortles was a hair under 300 against NEs. The book of Foles was written when he almost retired and could barely find a job. Yes I would take him over TT, but we can do better....a lot better