Assuming Darnold and Rosen go 1-2 ... would you make this trade?

Bakin

21, 22, 2019 1st and Glenn for Baker Mayfield  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Do you do it?

• YES!!!
    • NO!!!

Absolutely I’d do it. I’m assuming Cordy Glenn is the player.

I don’t want to be sitting here, five to ten years down the road, wishing we would have traded up but the price was deemed too much and we didn’t.

20 years has been long enough.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NewEraBills said:

No.  If the player is going, then no need for the 2nd rd 2019 IMO.  I do want Mayfield though.

You should revisit the Rams trading up from 15 to 1 a couple years back and rethink your position.

These crazy ass trade ideas, I need some of what you guys are smoking.  Seriously, puff puff give.

Mayfield is going to be a good Quarterback, of that I am somewhat certain. However when he is described as cocky to a fault, that is not a player I see the current front office bringing on board.  I do not have a problem with this.  

Personally I am not making a trade up for any of these guys.  I am going to draft one at 21 or I will trade 22 back to where I am comfortable I can still get the guy I have targeted.

And I do think Cleveland is going to take Barkley at 1.

Edited by simool

3 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Absolutely I’d do it. I’m assuming Cordy Glenn is the player.

I don’t want to be sitting here, five to ten years down the road, wishing we would have traded up but the price was deemed too much and we didn’t.

20 years has been long enough.

...and what if Cordy comes back healthy and you can slide him over to the right side, perhaps with less wear and tear versus blind side?.....don't see the rush to dump him anyway...

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...and what if Cordy comes back healthy and you can slide him over to the right side, perhaps with less wear and tear versus blind side?.....don't see the rush to dump him anyway...

For a franchise QB?

2 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

For a franchise QB?

I'd have no issue with moving up for Mayfield. It's just about whether you feel you need to get to 3 to draft that player. I think you could give up less and still get that player at a lower spot than 3. 

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

I'd have no issue with moving up for Mayfield. It's just about whether you feel you need to get to 3 to draft that player. I think you could give up less and still get that player at a lower spot than 3. 

Right.

IMO, Mayfield will be gone by 6 overall so, in my scenario, I have to target the 3rd, 4th or 5th pick.

It’s all hypothetical right now.

I will say this. To move up to #3 will probably be more costly than the OP has listed.

I still wouldn’t blink an eye if I was the GM and could get the guy I wanted.

2 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

You should revisit the Rams trading up from 15 to 1 a couple years back and rethink your position.

Posted this in another thread - Goff came after the Rams had fortified the roster with several years of high draft picks.  Here is the Rams’ 2017 depth chart.  They have 7 of their own 1st round picks.  They also have another 6 of their own 2nd and 3rd round picks starting.  They’ve also added via FA or trade: Watkins (1), Whitworth (2), Mark Barron (1), Robert Woods (2).

That is, 17 of their 22 starters were drafted in rounds 1, 2 and 3.  That is a very impressive roster - they were not a ragtag bunch of bums that Goff magically transformed to winners.

http://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/LAR

1 minute ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Posted this in another thread - Goff came after the Rams had fortified the roster with several years of high draft picks.  Here is the Rams’ 2017 depth chart.  They have 7 of their own 1st round picks.  They also have another 6 of their own 2nd and 3rd round picks starting.  They’ve also added via FA or trade: Watkins (1), Whitworth (2), Mark Barron (1), Robert Woods (2).

That is, 17 of their 22 starters were drafted in rounds 1, 2 and 3.  That is a very impressive roster - they were not a ragtag bunch of bums that Goff magically transformed to winners.

I'm pretty sure his quote was in reference to the compensation paid to move up from 15 to 1 , rather than the status of the Rams roster at the time. 

4 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Where would they be without Goff?

And that wasn’t the point.

Edited by Binghamton Beast