What Happened to ISIS?

I don't really know exactly. But I'd bet the house that DR knows a little bit about what and why they're "OUTTA HERE!" :ph34r:

Those Norsemen would sooner drink battery acid-soaked camel dung than give Trump any credit.

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Paulus said:

Don't hear much about them anymore...

Hopefully, they give the Nobel Peace Prize based on merit, this time. 

giphy.gif

no, we'd have millions of liberals dying of a heart attack on the spot

and I'd laugh until i emptied all bodily fluids

Here's part of the answer... this is (obvious) propaganda on one hand, but it gives us a glimpse into one of the primary reasons why the tide against ISIS has turned so quickly. Before watching, it's important to realize that jihadists like to pose as friendly "press" before detonating suicide bombs. It's one of the more deplorable tactics they've used in Syria and elsewhere.

Now watch this:

The tide began to turn in November when the funding for ISIS and Hezbollah were severely hampered after the KSA purge and seizure. This isolated ISIS and Hezbollah in the field without financial or logistical support. 

Then, with hardware and logistical support from the DIA, the GCC has been wiping ISIS and Hezbollah off the map without anyone noticing they're the ones doing it. No one thinks the GCC capable - yet they've done nothing but win as of late. 

That's a look I'd never want to see leveled at me:

DApT1WAXsAEJjti.jpg

Notice the modified weapons:

DApZdjgWsAAwCmU.jpg

The way the GCC is waging this war is beyond impressive. They've created commando units and micro teams who are absolutely crushing jihadists on multiple fronts. 

That's one way of several this war has turned so effectively. The other way, which has been discussed in other threads, was Trump changing the rules of engagement. We saw what happened to the Russian mercenaries in Syria a few weeks ago. They decimated 200+ without sending in a single ground troop just because the Russians were amassing. This sent a hard core message to Putin and any other empire watching that things have changed. 

The US is doing its part to keep Russia, China, and Iran in check - to keep them from playing their usual games by arming and funding proxy forces in the region - while the GCC has been loosed as boots on the ground in Syria, Iran, Yemen, and Iraq to clean up the roaches. 

But DR, we all know ISIS is just a JV team. B.O. did the heavy lifting in Egypt, Libya, and Syria. Plus he withdrew from Iraq, made peace with the Iranian Im-mamas, was super-tough on Putin about Crimea and Ukraine, and even had lunch with Fidel. 

Edited by Nanker
  • Haha (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Here's part of the answer... this is (obvious) propaganda on one hand, but it gives us a glimpse into one of the primary reasons why the tide against ISIS has turned so quickly. Before watching, it's important to realize that jihadists like to pose as friendly "press" before detonating suicide bombs. It's one of the more deplorable tactics they've used in Syria and elsewhere.

Now watch this:

The tide began to turn in November when the funding for ISIS and Hezbollah were severely hampered after the KSA purge and seizure. This isolated ISIS and Hezbollah in the field without financial or logistical support. 

Then, with hardware and logistical support from the DIA, the GCC has been wiping ISIS and Hezbollah off the map without anyone noticing they're the ones doing it. No one thinks the GCC capable - yet they've done nothing but win as of late. 

DApT1WAXsAEJjti.jpg

DApZdjgWsAAwCmU.jpg

The way the GCC is waging this war is beyond impressive. They've created commando units and micro teams who are absolutely crushing jihadists on multiple fronts. 

That's one way of several this war has turned so effectively. The other way, which has been discussed in other threads, was Trump changing the rules of engagement. We saw what happened to the Russian mercenaries in Syria a few weeks ago. They decimated 200+ without sending in a single ground troop just because the Russians were amassing. This sent a hard core message to Putin and any other empire watching that things have changed. 

The US is doing its part to keep Russia, China, and Iran in check - to keep them from playing their usual games by arming and funding proxy forces in the region - while the GCC has been loosed as boots on the ground in Syria, Iran, Yemen, and Iraq to clean up the roaches. 

Isn't it amazing what a few bump stocks will do?

• Haha (+1) 1

Imagine what would happen if Trump were allowed to control the illegal alien problem... 

I think that is why it has become such hard fought debate. Democrats are afraid of losing the illegal alien vote. I mean, the immigration courts have become so perverted by judicial activism they make Weinstein look like a good guy. Judges don't even care, these days.

20 hours ago, Paulus said:

Don't hear much about them anymore...

Hopefully, they give the Nobel Peace Prize based on merit, this time. 

giphy.gif

Does Trump deserve credit? I mean he did say ‘Mattis, do what ya think,’ but it was more of a Mattis thing.  

19 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Now watch this:

DApT1WAXsAEJjti.jpg

DApZdjgWsAAwCmU.jpg

What modifications does that photo show exactly? 

2 hours ago, The_Dude said:

Does Trump deserve credit? I mean he did say ‘Mattis, do what ya think,’ but it was more of a Mattis thing.  

He hired Mattis and is the Commander in Chief.

Ask yourself if Obama deserved any of the credit for the spread of ISIS. Obama, internationally, was nothing more than a paper lion. And that is FACT. (Obama, domestically, was something different.)

Obama and Kerry couldn’t negotiate paying less than $20 for a Tuesday copy of the NYT

the US shouldn’t bow and scrape like a B word for any other country

Edited by row_33

57 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Isn't MS-13 the biggest threat to our country now?

Illegal aliens are a threat and MS-13 is a great example of why. That is on top of the fact illegal aliens vote Democrat. Hell, the media won't even say "illegal alien" anymore, despite it being the proper term. I think they do it to pander, personally. 

50 minutes ago, Paulus said:

He hired Mattis and is the Commander in Chief.

Ask yourself if Obama deserved any of the credit for the spread of ISIS. Obama, internationally, was nothing more than a paper lion. And that is FACT. (Obama, domestically, was something different.)

Paper lion I diespute but you’re right on giant inability to see ISIS filling the power vacuum he created. 

Man, the ‘who stopped Isis’ thing is just one of those things with me.....for example, Trump said ‘Mattis do your thing.’ Trump deserves credit for staying out of Mattis’ way and for letting Mattis, Mattis the !@#$ out of Isis. But it was American generals fighting the fight. And Isis, ain’t y’all heard of Fabian tactics?

2 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Man, the ‘who stopped Isis’ thing is just one of those things with me.....for example, Trump said ‘Mattis do your thing.’ Trump deserves credit for staying out of Mattis’ way and for letting Mattis, Mattis the !@#$ out of Isis. But it was American generals fighting the fight. 

The Generals had been on a short leash for several years.

Trump took off that leash

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Paper lion I diespute but you’re right on giant inability to see ISIS filling the power vacuum he created. 

Man, the ‘who stopped Isis’ thing is just one of those things with me.....for example, Trump said ‘Mattis do your thing.’ Trump deserves credit for staying out of Mattis’ way and for letting Mattis, Mattis the !@#$ out of Isis. But it was American generals fighting the fight. And Isis, ain’t y’all heard of Fabian tactics?

Trump was smart enough to listen to his top military people and gave them the rope they needed to do the job. Besides, no Vegas were damaged or destroyed during any of the operations.

3 hours ago, The_Dude said:

What modifications does that photo show exactly? 

The video is clearer than the screen grab but the safety lever has been removed and there's an unidentified mod on the barrel. 

2 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Yup. Changing the ROE was the biggest single thing the US did in the fight. 

The other was to let the GCC do it's thing.

3 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

I get what you're saying, but Trump removed the handcuffs Obama put on the military with regards to terrorism.  The proper term would be "Trump Administration." 

Look at the House of Saud, Iran, Lybia, Syria, Egypt. ISIS, Georgia, Crimea, etc. are just some examples of how badly the Obama Administration handled Middle Eastern foreign policy, in particular (not even going into Asia, South America, or Europe). Obama fought queer Middle East proxy wars which accomplished nothing more than empowering ISIS and other terror organizations. He, and Bush to a lesser extent, handcuffed the military.

I honestly don't like calling Obama a paper lion, but he was, internationally. There are just too many examples of how his weak foreign policy was exploited on a global scale. I do think he did well domestically which is where a lot of line-voting conservatives disagree with me. 

18 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The video is clearer than the screen grab but the safety lever has been removed and there's an unidentified mod on the barrel. 

A lot of the "mods" I remember seeing Middle Easterners do were comical, lke the synthol in those guys arms. I mean, "reckless" and "stupid" would describe most of what I saw. Who knows, though? 

26 minutes ago, Paulus said:

I get what you're saying, but Trump removed the handcuffs Obama put on the military with regards to terrorism.  The proper term would be "Trump Administration." 

Look at the House of Saud, Iran, Lybia, Syria, Egypt. ISIS, Georgia, Crimea, etc. are just some examples of how badly the Obama Administration handled Middle Eastern foreign policy, in particular (not even going into Asia, South America, or Europe). Obama fought queer Middle East proxy wars which accomplished nothing more than empowering ISIS and other terror organizations. He, and Bush to a lesser extent, handcuffed the military.

I honestly don't like calling Obama a paper lion, but he was, internationally. There are just too many examples of how his weak foreign policy was exploited on a global scale. I do think he did well domestically which is where a lot of line-voting conservatives disagree with me. 

A lot of the "mods" I remember seeing Middle Easterners do were comical, lke the synthol in those guys arms. I mean, "reckless" and "stupid" would describe most of what I saw. Who knows, though? 

What did he do well domestically? He reneged on a deal to keep the government open, blamed the repubs and then went ahead to make the shutdown as difficult on people as he could. His administration was full of scandal and he over regulated business. His EO's were unconstitutional. Shall I be more specific?

Just now, 3rdnlng said:

What did he do well domestically? He reneged on a deal to keep the government open, blamed the repubs and then went ahead to make the shutdown as difficult on people as he could. His administration was full of scandal and he over regulated business. His EO's were unconstitutional. Shall I be more specific?

Standards. Standards. Standards.

He moved us towards single payer. I think this is huge. I know a lot of people don't really care about the working poor, but they are really a group which is abused in America. Look at a Walmart worker, they look beaten. I am trying to stop shopping there as much, these days. Losing pride in one's work is going to cost us in the long run. I long for the idea of company loyalty to return to America. It is all but lost on the working poor and middle class. Capitalism is good, until it turns into slavery because there is nobody left who has the means to complete. I digress. I do hate how so many are still too poor to get the proper medical care but too rich to get government help. Obama went a long way in helping those people get the medical care they need, and that had previously been unattainable. Why the !@#$ is a standard of living for foreign to many conservatives?  Have some standards, for yourself, and your people. In many ways the American Standard of living raised while under Obama. Healthcare is a huge part of it.

Other stuff.

Economy grew. Gas prices and housing prices were livable. Job numbers grew. I mean, a lot of Trump's first year, economically speaking, can be attributed to Obama (until the end of the fiscal year for outgoing Presidents). 

EOs were unconstitutional? I think every President since I have been alive has expanded the Executive. 

1 hour ago, /dev/null said:

Yes, that’s true. Bro-Liberals don’t have the stomach for war because they lack the stomach. 

However, what Trump did was allow the military to do its job. It should be commended, but also recognized for what it is....the military defeated Isis because Trump let them. But Trump did not defeat Isis. 

7 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Yes, that’s true. Bro-Liberals don’t have the stomach for war because they lack the stomach. 

However, what Trump did was allow the military to do its job. It should be commended, but also recognized for what it is....the military defeated Isis because Trump let them. But Trump did not defeat Isis. 

Wtf? Does anybody else post on here with their iPhone or using the mobile chrome app? I wrote “Neo” and it changed to “Bro.” The weirdest **** happens on this forum to what I write. Weird. 

34 minutes ago, Paulus said:

Standards. Standards. Standards.

He moved us towards single payer. I think this is huge. I know a lot of people don't really care about the working poor, but they are really a group which is abused in America. Look at a Walmart worker, they look beaten. I am trying to stop shopping there as much, these days. Losing pride in one's work is going to cost us in the long run. I long for the idea of company loyalty to return to America. It is all but lost on the working poor and middle class. Capitalism is good, until it turns into slavery because there is nobody left who has the means to complete. I digress. I do hate how so many are still too poor to get the proper medical care but too rich to get government help. Obama went a long way in helping those people get the medical care they need, and that had previously been unattainable. Why the !@#$ is a standard of living for foreign to many conservatives?  Have some standards, for yourself, and your people. In many ways the American Standard of living raised while under Obama. Healthcare is a huge part of it.

Other stuff.

Economy grew. Gas prices and housing prices were livable. Job numbers grew. I mean, a lot of Trump's first year, economically speaking, can be attributed to Obama (until the end of the fiscal year for outgoing Presidents). 

EOs were unconstitutional? I think every President since I have been alive has expanded the Executive. 

Obama admitted that his DACA EO was not allowed under the constitution. He changed laws (not rules) with his EO's. So, you feel so sorry for the Walmart worker that you are going to stop shopping there? BTW, Walmart offers health insurance. Regardless Obamacare is a disaster, but I can see you're for single payer and you want standards so I can now throw you in with the Unicorn Society.

26 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Wtf? Does anybody else post on here with their iPhone or using the mobile chrome app? I wrote “Neo” and it changed to “Bro.” The weirdest **** happens on this forum to what I write. Weird. 

aaa2fb692bd0bf50ac4595cd7f59941ff8c5ff91

On a somewhat related note, autocorrect on my work phone has a tendency to change @hpe.com email addresses to @hoe.com so I have to double check i'm not email hoe's at work  :lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

Obama admitted that his DACA EO was not allowed under the constitution. He changed laws (not rules) with his EO's. So, you feel so sorry for the Walmart worker that you are going to stop shopping there? BTW, Walmart offers health insurance. Regardless Obamacare is a disaster, but I can see you're for single payer and you want standards so I can now throw you in with the Unicorn Society.

Because, Europe has sustained a Unicorn society... Continually digging into ignorance is uncouth. I also think some sort of minimum wage increase is important, and Obama failed on that front (Hopefully, Trump won't). The selfishness of a few will destroy us all, if we let it. 

*I still shop at Walmart, I just feel dirty when I do.

I mean, yeah, let's just work these guys to death... Semper I, !@#$ the other guy. Meanwhile, European countries (Canada too) with single payer, can have their governments actually preserve their citizenry's "right to life." I know it gets grey when we start getting into the successes and failures of single payer, but there are successes and and they are outpacing the American ways... Unicorn, shmunicorn.

https://www.cnn.com/2017/12/21/health/us-life-expectancy-study/index.html

Edited by Paulus