Landry on the block, with the tag

On 3/2/2018 at 10:34 AM, RyanC883 said:

I really hope the Jets do something stupid and pick up Landry.  

I could see the Browns trading for him because they have 1000 draft picks, and having a solid slot guy is nice, since they have Coleman and Gordon on the outside.  

you can draft a slot receiver who by year 2 could match Landry's production.  He was the #1 WR in Miami, and they used a quick strike passing game, IMO.  That's why his numbers are inflated.  I think Cupp is a better slot WR, and so is JuJu Smith (who can also play outside).  Heck, once Zay is healthy he'll be a better slot guy.  

This is SO SO SO hyperbolic

1 hour ago, jmc12290 said:

This is SO SO SO hyperbolic

I don't think so at all.  

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

or cry us a river Landry.  Your dirty hit on Williams was not a good deal for him.  You'd be tremendously overpaid for a slot WR.  

2 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

I don't think so at all.  

or cry us a river Landry.  Your dirty hit on Williams was not a good deal for him.  You'd be tremendously overpaid for a slot WR.  

Zay was one of the worst WR's in NFL history last year.

It really is super hyperbolic.

6 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I think it will be interesting to see where he gets dealt. Also intriguing to see what the compensation will look like given the high price tag. 

He'll be overpaid by some team. Not a winning player IMO. 

18 hours ago, jmc12290 said:

No, it's not. 

In October,

@GrahamBarfield

Zay Jones' 21.9% catch rate is the worst in NFL history for any WR with at least 30 targets in a single-season since 1992

HY-PER-BOLIC! 

That's from October.  And, not worst ever, but since 1992.  And how many targets were thrown to him?  

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

HY-PER-BOLIC! 

That's from October.  And, not worst ever, but since 1992.  And how many targets were thrown to him?  

1992 was the first season targets were recorded as a stat.

Zay finished the season with 74 targets.  So roughly, the first half of his career, he was the worst NFL WR since the target stat was recorded.

That's not hyperbolic.  Facts Only baby!

9 hours ago, Turk71 said:

I cannot imagine anyone paying Landry over $16 million let alone trading away assets for that 'privilege'. I think when it is all said and done Miami will be stuck with that ridiculous cap hit.

Yeah, after being tagged, I can see him demanding $13M/year.  And the Dols demanding a day 1 or 2 pick.  I can't see it happening.

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Yeah, after being tagged, I can see him demanding $13M/year.  And the Dols demanding a day 1 or 2 pick.  I can't see it happening.

Really hoping the Dolphins get stuck with his cap hit. Landry's 16 and the oft injured Quinn's $11million hits will severely limit their options going forward, as they are already in the red.