Landry on the block, with the tag

2 hours ago, jmc12290 said:

1992 was the first season targets were recorded as a stat.

Zay finished the season with 74 targets.  So roughly, the first half of his career, he was the worst NFL WR since the target stat was recorded.

That's not hyperbolic.  Facts Only baby!

He's due for a rebound season.  He dropped 5 of 32 catchable balls thrown his way this year while only dropping 6 of 164 his final year at ECU.  It takes some players longer to adjust to the NFL (at least that's what I'm hoping with him)..  He'll pry have a more accurate quarterback and a better offensive coaching staff this year.

12 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

He's due for a rebound season.  He dropped 5 of 32 catchable balls thrown his way this year while only dropping 6 of 164 his final year at ECU.  It takes some players longer to adjust to the NFL (at least that's what I'm hoping with him)..  He'll pry have a more accurate quarterback and a better offensive coaching staff this year.

Having his college WR coach (who is gone) in Buffalo last year may have been a negative for him.

If anyone has the experience to "fix" him Robiskie is our guy!

28 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

It's far far far more likely Zay Jones never recovers and busts.

7 hours ago, jmc12290 said:

1992 was the first season targets were recorded as a stat.

Zay finished the season with 74 targets.  So roughly, the first half of his career, he was the worst NFL WR since the target stat was recorded.

That's not hyperbolic.  Facts Only baby!

hpeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery bollic! 

Didn't know that targets were not recorded until 1992.  (but there could have been someone, somewhere, worse prior!) 

At any rate, I think Zay will be great next year.  Esp. if we have a better QB--which is questionable at this point.  

34 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

hpeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery bollic! 

Didn't know that targets were not recorded until 1992.  (but there could have been someone, somewhere, worse prior!) 

At any rate, I think Zay will be great next year.  Esp. if we have a better QB--which is questionable at this point.  

Maybe but we'll never know!

Either way, debating whether they may or may not have been a player worse than Zay in NFL history gets my point across just as well.

14 hours ago, jmc12290 said:

Maybe but we'll never know!

Either way, debating whether they may or may not have been a player worse than Zay in NFL history gets my point across just as well.

I think we are both having fun w/ this :)  

Either way, I love that the Dolphins will either be overpaying for Landry, or not get much in return.  (unless Cleveland gives them a 2nd).