3-1: Brandon Beane on WGR from the Scouting Combine

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Maybe it's to get other teams to move ahead of the Bills for Rosen because Beane might actually want a different QB? 

Maybe. Seems a little convoluted though and I don't get that feeling from McBeane IMO. 

28 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Rebuilding the team into a perennial contender isn't a one year effort.  Moving up to get the right QB who can develop into the Franchise guy is worth spending multiple assets.

Totally agree, but will also quote Promo as I agree with his sentiment v

31 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Only if the cost doesn't hurt their plan to draft other key positions. Like I said, they are not mortgaging the team to get one player, even a QB. Because the best QB still needs the rest of the team to be a winner.

14 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think they are willing to give up a LOT for a QB. We will soon see if I am right but my sense all offseason has been Beane wants to trade into the top 5. 

Well we'll see, won't we? I got a lot of crap for suggesting Tyrod Taylor might be retained in 2018 and now I'm looking like the smart one. Just remember these guys don't think like fans do.

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Well we'll see, won't we? I got a lot of crap for suggesting Tyrod Taylor might be retained in 2018 and now I'm looking like the smart one. Just remember these guys don't think like fans do.

I said very early on he would be willing to take a pay cut. 

I might be horribly wrong but I am convinced there is big trade up coming. 

3 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

It could be one of those cases in which everyone already knows that the Bills love him and there is no reason to put up a smokescreen. I think a lot of front offices have really good ideas about what other front offices are thinking. He may be putting teams on notice that they want to trade up. Sure some people may be able to beat us to the Giants pick, but no one else can offer two first round picks this year and a franchise left tackle. There may be no use in beating around the bush at this point. 

It does not matter the quantity but the cumulative quality.  The Bills' two first round picks are only worth the equivalent of pick 11 or 12 overall.  The Giants will be apprehensive in terms of penciling in Glenn as an 8-10 year starter given his foot issues and price him accordingly.  Your proposition will not get it done with other teams having an interest in the players the Bills might interested in.  If we were the only one moving up and somebody took your deal I would be worried that we graded whoever we got too high or are taking a classic riverboat gambler mentality.

36 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

It does not matter the quantity but the cumulative quality.  The Bills' two first round picks are only worth the equivalent of pick 11 or 12 overall.  The Giants will be apprehensive in terms of penciling in Glenn as an 8-10 year starter given his foot issues and price him accordingly.  Your proposition will not get it done with other teams having an interest in the players the Bills might interested in.  If we were the only one moving up and somebody took your deal I would be worried that we graded whoever we got too high or are taking a classic riverboat gambler mentality.

Good points. I think when you make trades you go to the limit that you are willing to go to. I'm not sure you can be too worried about what other people are doing or really what the market value is. If you have a guy you like, you go up and get them.  It can sometimes be hard to find people to trade down with, so I think the Giants will be willing to play. Also I think you have to look at the context. The Giants are in a position where a left tackle is extremely valuable to them. Even if he winds up playing 4 more years...If you can get him for however long Eli will be around, it is a win. They can draft more linemen at 21, 22 and address their defensive change from a 4-3 to a 3-4. The Giants were a good team with a terrible line and awful depth. That depth is going to worse with the defensive change. They could fix both of those issues with a trade down and we could see them go from 3-13 to a Super Bowl. They lost their best player to an injury and lost a number of extremely close games. A trade down makes a ton of sense for them. Our GMs and coach have a very close relationship as well. 

I also think that a number of teams are going to fill the quarterback position with a veteran and I do not think the Bills are one of those teams. I think this makes it easier to trade up. 

I think if we trade up it will be for Rosen. I'm not sure if everyone is going to love him. I could see the Broncos, maybe the Cards, but I think both of those teams find veterans. 

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I said very early on he would be willing to take a pay cut

I might be horribly wrong but I am convinced there is big trade up coming. 

Report: Tyrod says he won’t take a pay cut this offseason

Posted on February 2, 2018

By: Nick Wojton

No one knows what the Buffalo Bills are thinking about in regard to Tyrod Taylor.

But we now know what Tyrod Taylor thinks about the Bills.

According to Vic Carucci of the Buffalo News, the quarterback who ended the team’s 17-year playoff drought wants to remain in Buffalo. But he’s not taking a pay cut.

4 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Just the fact that he is saying that Tyrod would have to compete with Peterman, tells you they are moving on. The rest is coachspeak stuff imo. 

Yeah, right.

Clearly that's what it says.

It's the time of season where people will hilariously dismiss things that are directly stated that they don't like while also reading the tea-leaves psychoanalyzing exactly what is said in order to twist it into something they do like.

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The top 5 is interesting this year because 2 teams (NYG&Indy) have viable QB options, 1 team has the other 2 picks and will almost with certainty draft 1 QB, and the other Denver appears destined to end up with Cousins or at least McCarron. Combine this with the number of QB candidates and teams in need and you get where we are at.

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Report: Tyrod says he won’t take a pay cut this offseason

Posted on February 2, 2018

By: Nick Wojton

No one knows what the Buffalo Bills are thinking about in regard to Tyrod Taylor.

But we now know what Tyrod Taylor thinks about the Bills.

According to Vic Carucci of the Buffalo News, the quarterback who ended the team’s 17-year playoff drought wants to remain in Buffalo. But he’s not taking a pay cut.

I meant last year not this year. 

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I meant last year not this year. 

....sorry GB.......my error.......said "no" for 2018, but what is your assessment as to his probable value in the open 2018 market and how do his expectations in your evaluation match up?.......

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....sorry GB.......my error.......said "no" for 2018, but what is your assessment as to his probable value in the open 2018 market and how do his expectations in your evaluation match up?.......

I think he has trade value at 1 year $10m. There are 3 teams - Cleveland, Jets, Cardinals - who as it stands today have nothing at the Quarterback position. Nobody under contract who is a viable option to take a snap. I see one of those 3 being willing to throw something our way for Tyrod. A 4th might be wishful thinking but a 5th I could see. 

11 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think he has trade value at 1 year $10m. There are 3 teams - Cleveland, Jets, Cardinals - who as it stands today have nothing at the Quarterback position. Nobody under contract who is a viable option to take a snap. I see one of those 3 being willing to throw something our way for Tyrod. A 4th might be wishful thinking but a 5th I could see. 

....not sure what to make of it or if it is a failed correlation......but I have read where Cards may be interested in Jackson...if that is the case, re-signing Stanton for a 3rd time may not make sense....not seeing college ball (Jackson), I asked the TBD collegiate brethren if Jackson is an "upscale TT" and they thankfully explained the nuances....so maybe TT fits as a mentor to Jackson in 'Zona with similar styles despite the upscale differences that TBD folks see here in Jackson's game....

10 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

3-1: BRANDON BEANE ON WGR (14:13)

Brandon Beane on Josh Rosen: said they'd likely meet with him in california and probably bring him in here as 1 of their 30 pre draft visits allowed to each team

Brandon Beane - You talk to players that know these guys during the season.  Has had talks with current Bills OL Conor McDermott... "tell me about Josh (Rosen)".

If available, they should have Ritchie Incognito interview Josh Rosen and see how that goes

Serious

10 hours ago, Elite Poster said:

Sounds like he wants Rosen

To be fair, when he was asked about Rosen, or specifically about Rosen-related issues, he responded.  When he was asked about Lamar Jackson or Mayfield or Allen, he responded.  The interviewer asked him more Rosen-related questions

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
  • Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

If available, they should have Ritchie Incognito interview Josh Rosen and see how that goes

Serious

To be fair, when he was asked about Rosen, or specifically about Rosen-related issues, he responded.  When he was asked about Lamar Jackson or Mayfield or Allen, he responded.  The interviewer asked him more Rosen-related questions

Love this idea! Seriously great idea.

10 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Serious

I got a feeling and I hope that feeling is correct.