If you had to choose between one of these FA DT's

BeastMode54

1 hour ago, BeastMode54 said:

who would it be

Dontari Poe or Star Lolutulei. And if not them, who to target in the draft (we will need to drft one regardless of FA in my opinion

Good question I go Star because of his familiarity with McD but either one would be great.

10 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

So there's no chance that any FA of any worth would ever come here?

That's clearly not true.  It's never been true.  What's the purpose in stating literal falsehoods that add nothing to the discussion?

If you were a top free agent at your position, and you wanted a ring, would YOU want to come here?  Or, would you rather go to New England, Pittsburgh, Atlanta, Jacksonville, Philadelphia, LA Rams or Minnesota?

Edited by Buffalo Bills Detective

2 hours ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

If you were a top free agent at your position, and you wanted a ring, would YOU want to come here?  Or, would you rather go to New England, Pittsburgh, Atlanta, Jacksonville, Philadelphia, LA Rams or Minnesota?

I would want to go where I get the most guaranteed money, a place where I have a chance to play, somewhere my family is comfortable, somewhere that I am comfortable and then a chance to chase a ring. When the average career is 3.3 years long, money is infinitely more important than chasing a ring.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

It depends.

Do I just care about a ring, or do I want the right combination of (a) money, (b) the chance to start, (c) cost of living, (d) schools (I may or may not have a family), (e) familiarity with coach/players/system, (f) potential to win a Super Bowl, (g) team's cap situation (which will dictate how many other key FAs they can bring in), (h) team's draft capital, etc.?

Yeah, there's more to it than "Buffalo sucks!!!11!!!1!"

8 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

the thing is those teams all have deep rosters and aren't in the position to sign guys. a high priced free agent would have to play for the vet min to go to philly as they are over the cap right now.  

59 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

the thing is those teams all have deep rosters and aren't in the position to sign guys. a high priced free agent would have to play for the vet min to go to philly as they are over the cap right now.  

He can not comprehend that......he is as was previously stated a negative troll.....altho I doubt there is a positive troll......

1 hour ago, billsredneck1 said:

if they can somehow get a.j. signed....i would draft both vea and hurst...man we would have a wwe line inside..

adolphus/hurst williams /vea...the orchard park horror show!

or... if we trade a 1st for foles and get vea...we can take harrison or davenport. we have to have a PUNISHING FRONT 4!

I like these options...

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

So there's no chance that any FA of any worth would ever come here?

That's clearly not true.  It's never been true.  What's the purpose in stating literal falsehoods that add nothing to the discussion?

What's the difference between a literal falsehood and a falsehood? :ph34r:

I want Kyle Williams back and draft a star DT with 21 or 22. I like Vita Vea (he'll be gone), but I think Taven Bryan will be there. Kyle Williams is still a very decent starter and I'd like to see us make the playoffs for him one last time before he retires. He just needs somebody next to him, he is not the same, but he can still play.

Edited by NewDayBills

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
3 hours ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

None, because it's extremely doubtful that either one of them would want to come here, unless you grossly overpaid them and gave them Malik Jackson/Calais Campbell money.

You are the detective, so you would know.  Thanks for the info.

3 hours ago, GreggTX said:

Star L. is not a good DT. He is very much below average. I suspect he'll be hanging around for a long time and will sign for far less than he got as a high draft pick. Poe is a tick above average. They will need to draft a DT in the 1st or 2nd round in either case. They signed Tolbert when it should have been clear that he had nothing left to offer. I hope they don't make that same mistake with Star L. They will also need to upgrade the depth at DT, which shouldn't be too hard.

This is incorrect. Star is a very good speaceeater and is responsible for a lot of the success of his line mates. We should be able to get him for not that much. Poe has back problems, I would stay away for that reason.