NFL Combine - Measurements, Times, and Other News

thebandit27

10 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It wasn’t me that said that, but I think he could have bulked up for the combine like mariota did. I’m pretty sure he didn’t play at that weight, 180 is drastic but he was closer to 200.

200-205 is probably what he played at I agree. 10-15 can be put on but 40 would look so bad for a guy like him. He’d be fat

21 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It wasn’t me that said that, but I think he could have bulked up for the combine like mariota did. I’m pretty sure he didn’t play at that weight, 180 is drastic but he was closer to 200.

Oh mylanta :wub:

He's going to check all of the boxes this week. 

2 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

So Oklahoma really didnt lie about his height any....decent showing

Average NFL QB hands...not that freakishly large like other short QBs though (Wilson/Brees)

his hands are actually on the small side for a QB.  guys like Brees and Wilson have succeeded because of larger hands despite being short.  but luckily he somehow grew taller so he's taller than both of those guys anyhow

7 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

his hands are actually on the small side for a QB.  guys like Brees and Wilson have succeeded because of larger hands despite being short.  but luckily he somehow grew taller so he's taller than both of those guys anyhow

NFL average is 9.6 inches, so he is about average 

EDIT: yea you are right...9.6 compared to 9.25 is a big difference...never been an NFL Pro Bowl QB with hands 9.25 and under, 9.251 has produced 4 pro bowlers, so he is cusp of statistical data

Edited by PaattMaann
  • Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Oh mylanta :wub:

Kind of surprised that he's come in bigger than Darnold. Always thought Darnold was the bigger of the two.

7 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

NFL average is 9.6 inches, so he is about average 

average would be 9 5/8 and his hands are 9 1/4 which is 9.25 so smaller than average and right at the threshold of almost being too small to play the position.  there was a chart posted a while back that showed hand size relative to success in the NFL and I don't think anyone with smaller than 9 has had success at the position.  he checks that box but teams in cold weather climates are certainly going to consider that when deciding whether or not to select him

Edited by kdiggz
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, kdiggz said:

hmm not sure if you are not good at math but average would be 9 5/8 and his hands are 9 1/4 which is 9.25 so smaller than average and right at the threshold of almost being too small to play the position.  there was a chart posted a while back that showed hand size relative to success in the NFL and I don't think anyone with smaller than 9 has had success at the position.  he checks that box but teams in cold weather climates are certainly going to consider that when deciding whether or not to select him

thanks, check my edit 

• Like (+1) 1