Where are the worst drivers located?

Another Fan

On February 27, 2018 at 5:35 PM, Gray Beard said:

On the NY Thruway and Mass Pike, look out for Ontario license plates.  

Tail gating, crazy speeding, changing lanes into tight spaces, not signaling, etc.

The God's honest truth on that.  Quebec would be worse if they were not outnumbered so bad by the English first crowd.

In Hawaii people will stop at Green lights and tell the person at a red light to go. Saw it a few times. 

City of buffalo has some terrible drivers. People in left lane will drive the same speed as person in right lane and block traffic for as long as they can.  Lanes are optional. 

Liberty cab drivers. Have seen at least 20 accidents involving them in the past month. 

NJ 

Massivetwoshits. 

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

Anywhere they mandate cops have to babysit in a construction zone.  A fine way to spend tax dollars.  People can't be civil while there are workers around trying to better the road and need cops to keep the savages from going poco loco... You know that you are in an area where people drive crappy.

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/27/2018 at 11:58 AM, Fadingpain said:

In the civilized world?  

The USA, by far.  I see no difference in driver behavior among US localities.  

Our poor road quality, artificial speed limits, lack of driver education, and total lack of lane discipline combined with cell phone usage make driving on American highways a scary, chaotic adventure.

It's every man for himself and you don't know what anyone is going to do at any moment in time.

Zipping along on proper roads in an orderly fashion at 115mph on the Autobahn in Germany is massively safer, more predictable, and more relaxing.

I also give high marks to the Italian Autostradas as well; great lane discipline, great roads, high avg. vehicle speed and attentive drivers. 

I am going to get killed one day pulling out of work.  People blow red lights.  It's getting worse.  Younger generation entering workforce with absolutely no regard for rules.  It's a free for all.  Like you said, everybody for themselves.  This what happens in highly competitive, zero-sum societies.  Eff the rest, all about me.  They think it's NASCAR hour out there.

I drive 18 miles to work.  Doing that drive the last 30 years, I see a difference.  People are more rude, cut-throat now. Rules don't apply , common sense out the window.

NFG at work... 30 something combat vet goes barreling down work access road at quiting time during last snowstorm.  I get his cellphone call a few minutes later when I am in office...  "Come down the road with the tractor and winch me out of the ditch."  In 30 freaking years nobody has ever gone off access road.  Well, I guess there is always a first!

Again... SMH!

12 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

In Hawaii people will stop at Green lights and tell the person at a red light to go. Saw it a few times. 

City of buffalo has some terrible drivers. People in left lane will drive the same speed as person in right lane and block traffic for as long as they can.  Lanes are optional. 

Liberty cab drivers. Have seen at least 20 accidents involving them in the past month. 

NJ 

Massivetwoshits. 

Each square mile has it own code, that will be  fun to see how they capture all nuances and extra politeness into computer driven cars.

15 hours ago, Bad Things said:

I was just looking through the local news and saw this story.  (About an American tourist causing an accident by driving on the wrong side of the road.)

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/101893120/american-causes-crash-after-driving-on-wrong-side-of-the-road

I sold my bike because it was no longer fun due to people texting and driving - and just poor/distracted driving, in general.

Once I realized I was spending more time feeling worried than I spent enjoying the wind in my face, it was an easy decision to stop riding.

27 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I sold my bike because it was no longer fun due to people texting and driving - and just poor/distracted driving, in general.

Once I realized I was spending more time feeling worried than I spent enjoying the wind in my face, it was an easy decision to stop riding.

Nice to read someone on a bike has a concern about anything except running red lights and blasting thru 6 lanes of stalled traffic at 20 mph 

Just now, row_33 said:

Nice to read someone on a bike has a concern about anything except running red lights and blasting thru 6 lanes of stalled traffic at 20 mph 

I waited until I was 42 to learn to ride/get my license/get a bike.  As a younger adult, I admired and respected bikes from afar and knew that I had to wait until I was 100% ready to ride.

I only rode for a few years and I miss it like crazy.  But there are so many deaths and bad accidents just where I'm from, let alone nationwide, I won't own another bike.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I waited until I was 42 to learn to ride/get my license/get a bike.  As a younger adult, I admired and respected bikes from afar and knew that I had to wait until I was 100% ready to ride.

I only rode for a few years and I miss it like crazy.  But there are so many deaths and bad accidents just where I'm from, let alone nationwide, I won't own another bike.

I just can't see gugny as a biker.  I'd love to see him walk into an Outlaws bar :lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 1:41 PM, frostbitmic said:

2. 90 East between Orchard Park and Pembroke after a Bills game

Most of the time after a game, I don't even bother trying to switch lanes until I hit the I-390 exit. Just stay in the left lane to that point. And that's even after waiting an hour for the parking lots to empty. 

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Whaaa! Take it off road.

Wind in face don't pay the bills.

Because you don't belong on the road with vehicles paying into a fuel tax.  Bikes are freeloading.  You should feel nervous. Bikes should be burdened with that nervousness, they are lowest priority.

Roads are mainly funded by mpg in this country.  The lower the miles per gallon, the more money for roads, the better the roads.  The "Asphalt Fairies" just don't pay for paving w/gold from heaven.

Everybody can't ride bikes, get great mpg.  Who's kicking in?

No worries Gug. I am still a flaming liberal.  Conservatism scares the hell out me.  I just have to knock some sense into my crazy eco brethren I hitch my horse too.  The other aisle choice is downright felonious.

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

I drive thru the heart of Toronto and now have to watch out super extra carefully for bozos on bikes coming from any direction suddenly 

tbey could not care less anyone else exists on the planet and leave it all to me

9 minutes ago, row_33 said:

I drive thru the heart of Toronto and now have to watch out super extra carefully for bozos on bikes coming from any direction suddenly 

tbey could not care less anyone else exists on the planet and leave it all to me

See^^^

Yet the freeloading bikes want perfectly paved roads AND not be the burdened vehicle.  Well guess what bicycles, you are the burdened vehicle.  You are hard to see, pay less (if anything fuel taxes), don't want to follow rules... But piss and moan that the ones paying are being your "thrill kill."

You can't win with this crowd.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

This is what EII posts

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Whaaa! Take it off road.

Wind in face don't pay the bills.

Because you don't belong on the road with vehicles paying into a fuel tax.  Bikes are freeloading.  You should feel nervous. Bikes should be burdened with that nervousness, they are lowest priority.

Roads are mainly funded by mpg in this country.  The lower the miles per gallon, the more money for roads, the better the roads.  The "Asphalt Fairies" just don't pay for paving w/gold from heaven.

Everybody can't ride bikes, get great mpg.  Who's kicking in?

No worries Gug. I am still a flaming liberal.  Conservatism scares the hell out me.  I just have to knock some sense into my crazy eco brethren I hitch my horse too.  The other aisle choice is downright felonious.

4 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

See^^^

Yet the freeloading bikes want perfectly paved roads AND not be the burdened vehicle.  Well guess what bicycles, you are the burdened vehicle.  You are hard to see, pay less (if anything fuel taxes), don't want to follow rules... But piss and moan that the ones paying are being your "thrill kill."

You can't win with this crowd.

This is how his ramblings come across

giphy.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

This is what EII posts

This is how his ramblings come across

giphy.gif

LoL... Sorry Snowflake.

We are coming for your guns next... SO you can't shoot back when I go ballistic.  But ballistic in a "happy way", warm fuzzy way.:P

I am not angry one bit... I am a liberal lover.  I know that confuses... 

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Washington State.  I swear they learn to drive on the left side up there.  Stopping burping farting confused cars all over the place.

Living in Portland, when there's a problem, there's either a minivan, Prius, or a Washington plate at the head of it.  Combining a Washington plate with a minivan or Prius should be illegal in the other 49 states.

15 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Do you know the definition of a 'pessimist'?  It's the golfer who yells "OH NO!" at the top of their backswing.

I’ve never seen Charles Barkley swing with sound.....but he has time to yell that over and over....