Guess the longshot QB

So here's a little story about a day 3 draft pick at QB. He sat for a few years and finally got an opportunity to come into the season as his team's starter in 2015. He put together solid seasons in 2015 and 2016, but 2017 was his worst year by nearly any statistical measure.

2017 wasn't entirely his fault, though. It was his first year with a new OC because his previous OC was hired to be the HC in LA. His top 2 WRs from 2015 and 2016 were no longer with the team in 2017, and OL injuries were an issue throughout the year. In addition to all that, his favorite target (his TE) was also injured for a portion of the year.

This QB was also a contributor on the ground, ranking top 3 in rushing TDs by QBs from 2015-2017. His team made the playoffs once in his 3 years as a starter, and despite consistently below average defensive performance over the 3 years, the team has a record above .500 when he starts.

Now that 2017 is over, many of the local fans criticize him because they do not believe he is capable of elevating the team around him and they question why the national media ever speaks highly of him. It is pretty clear that the team also intends to move on from him prior to the 2018 season.

Who's that QB?

• Like (+1) 3

Cousins was drafted in the 4th round. I guess thats a day 3 pick.. I was thinking 3rd round

and NO I don't care if this is TT's story. We are moving on

Edited by ddaryl
  • Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

So here's a little story about a day 3 draft pick at QB. He sat for a few years and finally got an opportunity to come into the season as his team's starter in 2015. He put together solid seasons in 2015 and 2016, but 2017 was his worst year by nearly any statistical measure.

2017 wasn't entirely his fault, though. It was his first year with a new OC because his previous OC was hired to be the HC in LA. His top 2 WRs from 2015 and 2016 were no longer with the team in 2017, and OL injuries were an issue throughout the year. In addition to all that, his favorite target (his TE) was also injured for a portion of the year.

This QB was also a contributor on the ground, ranking top 3 in rushing TDs by QBs from 2015-2017. His team made the playoffs once in his 3 years as a starter, and despite consistently below average defensive performance over the 3 years, the team has a record above .500 when he starts.

Now that 2017 is over, many of the local fans criticize him because they do not believe he is capable of elevating the team around him and they question why the national media ever speaks highly of him. It is pretty clear that the team also intends to move on from him prior to the 2018 season.

Who's that QB?

Local fans are not the only ones who do not believe that Cousins can elevate the team around him.    Its a legitimate concern. 

24-23-1. Technically he is over .500, but saying his team is above .500 when he starts is a pretty sneaky way of saying it lol.

He is more like a .500 QB

1 minute ago, prissythecat said:

Local fans are not the only ones who do not believe that Cousins can elevate the team around him.    Its a legitimate concern. 

Yep^. Teams just don't let franchise guys walk. There are red flags about Cousins as a QB, and a bigger red flag to me is the team that knows him best doesn't want to pay him franchise type money

8 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

Tyrod is terrible bro.  Give it a rest and let's move on.  We need a real QB please

5 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

Holy crap it is Tyrod isn't it... I thought it was Cousins the whole time?

Its not Tyrod .  Tyrod never had McVay as a coach I believe.  Cousins did.

3 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Both actually meet the criteria I laid out. Just thought it was interesting and ran with it.

Lol well done sir

2 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

Its not Tyrod .  Tyrod never had McVay as a coach I believe.  Cousins did.

Tyrod's previous OC also got a head coaching job in LA. Lynn to the LA Chargers

Edited by billsfan11

7 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Anthony Lynn is the Chargers coach.  Tricky, tricky.

I forgot about Lynn.  Tricky indeed.

Though there is a difference here.  McVay was hired away from Redskins.  Lynn was not hired away from the Bills as the Bills went in another direction with McD .  

Edited by prissythecat
  • Like (+1) 1