Bears looking set to release Glennon

BuffaloBillyG

4 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I stated that Peterman was more likely to be on the roster next season than Taylor would. Do you disagree with that? 

He will actually have a chance to compete , and might even win ?

13 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

And your point is?... lol

Can't you read. That Peterman is more likely to be on the roster than Taylor would be. 

10 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I don't care one way or the other, he's not the answer.

I never said Peterman was the answer. However, he is more likely to be on the roster as a backup than Taylor is on the roster at all. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Can't you read. That Peterman is more likely to be on the roster than Taylor would be. 

Thats really not a point proving anything.

TT owed 18 mil next year if he’s on the team.

Peterman, 600k or something?

Do I really need to say more?

Edited by billsfan11

2 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I never said Peterman was the answer. However, he is more likely to be on the roster as a backup than Taylor is on the roster at all. 

We'll see. I can envsion scenarios where neither is on the Bills' roster.

17 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Tyrod (assuming that the price is right)

I think in this case price is irrelevant. I have seen Glennon playing and am of the opinion that he will be fighting to be the #2 on any team. Tyrod still could be a bridge for some teams. Hence, a team would be more willing to 'over pay' for Tyrod than pay for Glennon. And this is coming from a guy who doesnt particularly like TT. 

1 minute ago, billsfan11 said:

Thats really not a point proving anything.

TT owed 18 mil next year if he’s on the team.

Peterman, 600k or something?

Do I really need to say more?

As I said Peterman is more likely to be on the roster than Taylor. I don't know what you are disagreeing with. 

3 minutes ago, JohnC said:

One guy will make 18 million if kept past March deadline. The other is on a rookie contract. It has nothing to do with the player but the money. It has nothing to do with who is the better QB at this point.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

I think in this case price is irrelevant. I have seen Glennon playing and am of the opinion that he will be fighting to be the #2 on any team. Tyrod still could be a bridge for some teams. Hence, a team would be more willing to 'over pay' for Tyrod than pay for Glennon. And this is coming from a guy who doesnt particularly like TT. 

Glennon is awful. I wonder if he’s in the league next year? These guys tend to washout. Teams wants vets that they believe can play for a little while, young guys that aren’t bad and young guys that they haven’t yet seen fail. Will a team use a roster spot on Glennon instead of Riley Ferguson (as an example)? 

1 minute ago, billieve420 said:

One guy will make 18 million if kept past March deadline. The other is on a rookie contract. It has nothing to do with the player but the money. It has nothing to do with who is the better QB at this point.

You are wrong. If Taylor could play the position at a high level he would be well worth the contract. In fact he would be a bargain. The reality is that his level of play doesn't come close to matching his salary. The value isn't there as a starter.  As a backup he would be overpaid. 

Just now, Fan in Chicago said:

You are talking about the Bills roster, not just any roster. is that correct ?

That is correct. 

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

Glennon is awful. I wonder if he’s in the league next year? These guys tend to washout. Teams wants vets that they believe can play for a little while, young guys that aren’t bad and young guys that they haven’t yet seen fail. Will a team use a roster spot on Glennon instead of Riley Ferguson (as an example)? 

Not disagreeing. I read you saying 'if the price is right' and took it to mean that a team may decide between Taylor and Glennon based on their price. Glennon is way worse than TT

3 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Not disagreeing. I read you saying 'if the price is right' and took it to mean that a team may decide between Taylor and Glennon based on their price. Glennon is way worse than TT

No, someone said we all know who will sign first between Glennon and Tyrod. I said Tyrod assuming that the price is right. If Glennon takes a league minimum offer he might sign first. If you told a team you can have either at the same price everyone would pick Taylor. 

2 hours ago, billieve420 said:

For some people on this board any QB not named Tyrod would be better regardless of how good or bad they are. No point in arguing it won't matter.

They deserve to have QBs Johnny Manziel, Tim Tebow and John Skelton as QBs with contracts as bad as only Jim Overdorf can make them.