Eagles Use Fake Walk Through Before SB

2 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

I know what the long snapper said, I get that they were trying deceive the Patriots. That’s not my point.

If this is SOP, then the Pats have to know that they are being deceived at this point. And if other teams have done it, and the Pats know it’s for deception, why do it at all? Why waste the players times? 

Unless, the Pats didn’t know they were being deceived because it has actually worked before. They've gotten real plays from it.

So they team that apparently tapes all walk throughs would not suspect that they were being deceived by an opponents walkthrough?  You're joking right?

Anyway--it's all gamesmanship.  Each team has the field for a few hours so they get out there and get some exercise in front of all of those people walking around who they don't know.  They run some plays.  Maybe they will "fool Belichick" even!!

This really isn't a tough one.

16 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Were did I say that?  I said if, since that accusation was made, Would any coach walk through any real game plan in public?  then I asked you if you would.

Just answer the question.

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

If you are actually walking through actual plays in a building with strangers milling about, in preparation for the Super Bowl.....I don't understand why that would be done, ever. 

I'm not saying that the Eagles player is lying--he's telling the truth I have no doubt.

As the long snapper said, they had their play/plan down in the 2 weeks leading up to the SB---like every team does.  That's when they "walk through plays"--in a secured environment. He was proving the zero value of the walk through.  You think BB walks through his play book in the dome before a SB?  Of course not.

If you think that Pete Carroll or Tom Coughlin or even Kyle Shanahan were showing the choreographed play plan out in the open of the SB turf, especially after the accusations by the Rams year ago, then yes, you are delusional.

I'll make even simpler for you:  if your were a HC facing NE in a SB, would you be showing your real plays in a walk through?  Of course not!  Yet you think actual NFL HC's aren't as savvy as you are??

You said:

"You think BB walks through his play book in the dome before a SB?  Of course not."   That is tacit admission that BB wouldn't do it  because he knows you can gain an advantage from watching another team's walk through.

"If you think that Pete Carroll or Tom Coughlin or even Kyle Shanahan were showing the choreographed play plan out in the open of the SB turf, especially after the accusations by the Rams year ago..."  Another admission that it is general knowledge that after the Rams Super Bowl, you know or expect NE to record or watch your walk through, which they're not supposed to be doing.

"if your were a HC facing NE in a SB, would you be showing your real plays in a walk through?" Again a tacit admission that if you are facing NE, you shouldn't show plays in a walk through, because you're allowing them to watch them and gain an advantage.

In each instance, you specifically refenced NE.  Not other teams in general, why?  Because the idea of watching another teams practice sessions has never been an issue, until the Patriots made it one.  They do this, not every team in the league.  And it clearly gives them some advantage, because other teams have to resort to faking their practices, in an effort to throw them off.  

13 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

So they team that apparently tapes all walk throughs would not suspect that they were being deceived by an opponents walkthrough?  You're joking right?

Anyway--it's all gamesmanship.  Each team has the field for a few hours so they get out there and get some exercise in front of all of those people walking around who they don't know.  They run some plays.  Maybe they will "fool Belichick" even!!

This really isn't a tough one.

Apparently it is a tough one, for you. 

It’s a walk through. The names in the title. They aren’t doing excercise. They can’t, per the CBA.

So every SB team who’s faced the Pats since Spygate is just out there for gamesmanship? They are all just doing walkthroughs, when they certainly don’t have to, just to maybe fool the Pats? And their time couldn’t possibly be spent better doing something else?

It couldn’t possibly be that after Spygate some teams believed that video taping and watching was over, you know since the NFL fined them for it? And therefore they did actual walkthroughs, like they do every other week when they arent playing the Pats?

14 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

Smart move by the Eagles. 

I was really impressed with the way Pederson handled everything in that SB. His coaching and play calling, the play selection, the aggressiveness. He knew exactly how he had to play the Pats to get a win and he had his team ready to execute that plan. 

Curious if anybody noticed this. That is brass balls from your backup Nick Foles.. you see the eye to eye contact with Pederson, and him going, "alright let's do baby".

https://twitter.com/LeadingNFL/status/960998271798792192

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

I was really impressed with the way Pederson handled everything in that SB. His coaching and play calling, the play selection, the aggressiveness. He knew exactly how he had to play the Pats to get a win and he had his team ready to execute that plan. 

Agreed 

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Dan said:

You said:

"You think BB walks through his play book in the dome before a SB?  Of course not."   That is tacit admission that BB wouldn't do it  because he knows you can gain an advantage from watching another team's walk through.

"If you think that Pete Carroll or Tom Coughlin or even Kyle Shanahan were showing the choreographed play plan out in the open of the SB turf, especially after the accusations by the Rams year ago..."  Another admission that it is general knowledge that after the Rams Super Bowl, you know or expect NE to record or watch your walk through, which they're not supposed to be doing.

"if your were a HC facing NE in a SB, would you be showing your real plays in a walk through?" Again a tacit admission that if you are facing NE, you shouldn't show plays in a walk through, because you're allowing them to watch them and gain an advantage.

In each instance, you specifically refenced NE.  Not other teams in general, why?  Because the idea of watching another teams practice sessions has never been an issue, until the Patriots made it one.  They do this, not every team in the league.  And it clearly gives them some advantage, because other teams have to resort to faking their practices, in an effort to throw them off.  

Yes, I thought I made the bolded part quite clear (at least as far as the SB is concerned) as the quotes you lifted show.  Teams have spied on or attempted to spy on practices since the 50's. 

Teams alleging other teams spying on eachother goes back 50 years.  The great George Allen was infamous for elaborate schemes to spy and the paranoia he could produce in others (Tex Schramm, for instance).  Dick Vermeil (when with the Eagles) was notoriously paranoid of spies.  The HC of the Chargers was certain Al Davis had bugged his locker room.  Davis didn't deny it.  Lambeau accused Halas of spying.  Paul Brown would have spies dressed as newspaper reporters and attend opponents practices.

On and on. 

No matter who the opponent is, if I am a HC in the dome, I'm looking around and thinking "who are all these other people walking around here"? 

So you may now answer the question.

31 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Apparently it is a tough one, for you. 

It’s a walk through. The names in the title. They aren’t doing excercise. They can’t, per the CBA.

So every SB team who’s faced the Pats since Spygate is just out there for gamesmanship? They are all just doing walkthroughs, when they certainly don’t have to, just to maybe fool the Pats? And their time couldn’t possibly be spent better doing something else?

It couldn’t possibly be that after Spygate some teams believed that video taping and watching was over, you know since the NFL fined them for it? And therefore they did actual walkthroughs, like they do every other week when they arent playing the Pats?

Walking itself is a great exercise.  It's not prohibited by the CBA. 

In "every other week", they aren't playing in a neutral/away venue.  You understand that part right?

You guys seem to be conflicted:  NE is always cheating, or the cheating is over.  Which is it?

Again,  no one would show their hand in a nonsecure walk through--especially when playing NE, given what has been alleged in the past.

8 hours ago, mjt328 said:

It's funny.  When fans talk about the Patriots cheating, they are often dismissed as conspiracy theorists.

But here is yet another example of an ACTUAL NFL TEAM taking special precautions against them breaking the rules.

Don't forget it was an ex-Patriots coach that brought this whole Spygate thing to the NFL in the first place.  It was the Colts who gave the refs a heads-up on Deflategate.  Hall of Famers Marshall Faulk and Brian Dawkins have both publicly questioned if they were cheated out of Super Bowl rings.  Not to mention the numerous players like Ray Lewis and our own Jerry Hughes have made comments about the refs being in their pocket.

They are incorrigible!!

15 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

I couldn't agree more.  It amazes me that the Bills coaches seemingly have not figured this out yet, no matter who they are.

We always approach the Patriots the same, cautious way, in awe of their majesty, and it almost never works.

You need to hit them hard, be aggressive, and take chances if you are going to win...and have luck/success with those chances as the Eagles did. 

The cautious route is a guaranteed loss.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Yes, I thought I made the bolded part quite clear (at least as far as the SB is concerned) as the quotes you lifted show.  Teams have spied on or attempted to spy on practices since the 50's. 

Teams alleging other teams spying on eachother goes back 50 years.  The great George Allen was infamous for elaborate schemes to spy and the paranoia he could produce in others (Tex Schramm, for instance).  Dick Vermeil (when with the Eagles) was notoriously paranoid of spies.  The HC of the Chargers was certain Al Davis had bugged his locker room.  Davis didn't deny it.  Lambeau accused Halas of spying.  Paul Brown would have spies dressed as newspaper reporters and attend opponents practices.

On and on. 

No matter who the opponent is, if I am a HC in the dome, I'm looking around and thinking "who are all these other people walking around here"? 

So you may now answer the question.

Walking itself is a great exercise.  It's not prohibited by the CBA. 

In "every other week", they aren't playing in a neutral/away venue.  You understand that part right?

You guys seem to be conflicted:  NE is always cheating, or the cheating is over.  Which is it?

Again,  no one would show their hand in a nonsecure walk through--especially when playing NE, given what has been alleged in the past.

Which question is that?   Lol 

52 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Would you, as HC, do a walk through in the SB venue and go through your actual plays?

Would you, as a multiple-SB-winning HC with a heavily-favored team, think that a walk-through led by a coach in his first-ever SB, was fake?

9 hours ago, JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS said:

Apparently the Falcons walked through their actual playbook and, surprise, NE knew exactly which plays would be called in the clutch.  I would assume same for Seattle.  No question BB knew that final play would come in before it was even called.

This is true for Seattle.  After the Superbowl the DB who picked off that pass was quoted saying.... BB told him they were going to call that play at a cruicial point in the game and to pick it off.  Somehow he knew.  My guess is....it wasn't a legal way of knowing.  

9 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

So..."apparently" then, BB therefore KNEW he could go down 28-3 at the half, because he KNEW, from the "walkthrough", that Atlanta was going to abandon the running game in the second half with a huge lead?

You're not serious though, right?

And the Seattle play wasn't a trick play, it was a simple pick play that was poorly executed. 

Look, with a bunch of people milling about, no team is walking through their play order in broad daylight.  It would make no sense. 

Well, lets see. 

1- The Pats came back only AFTER Matt Ryan's helmet radio malfunctioned.  The Pats have a long history of blocking and/or eaves dropping on the radio communications.

2- This was the SB where a guy from Boston was in Pheonix flying his drone over the Seahawks practice and got arrested....

3- your last point.  Yes, teams do rehearse in broad daylight.  Some even on TV.   For example, in the Bills/Cowboys Superbowl, i forget which one, Jimmie Johnson was watching the news and the reporter was on location at the Bills practice.  He saw Kelly doing a shuffle pass to Thurman. He thought this was odd as the Bills hadn't done that all year so, he prepped his team on it.  Sure enough, the Bills tried a shuffle pass, and the Cowboys were ready for it.  

8 hours ago, buffalostu2 said:

I don't think Belichek knew that the Seahawks pass play was going to be called.  Wilson wasn't even supposed to force it in. He was supposed to throw it away if it was not wide open.  What Belichek and the Patriots players knew is that a pass interference call meant nothing so his guys were coached to be overly physical and it resulted in a turnover because Wilson forced it in.  Let's not get carried away saying he knows what play the other team is going to run.   

I do.  Look up the DBs quote if you can.  I posted it on this site years ago, just after the SB.

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

If only the Falcons had stayed so smart. Cheaters* would be .500 in Super Bowls. That might help....if only just a little....

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Curious if anybody noticed this. That is brass balls from your backup Nick Foles.. you see the eye to eye contact with Pederson, and him going, "alright let's do baby".

https://twitter.com/LeadingNFL/status/960998271798792192

The hesitation from Pederson after Foles says Philly Philly is priceless. 

We second guess coaches ad nauseam and with the benefit of hindsight, but here we see a coach make a gutsy 4th down call and when his QB suggests the trick play he's like um, well, uh, er...sure, why not!

Great stuff.