DeShone Kizer in Buffalo

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

He was hanging out at the Curtiss Hotel over the weekend and twitter saying  he is moving there... interesting 

I thought about him as an option. Not as “the option” but he’s a young guy with talent. He’s be a much better investment than Peterman. He has upside.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Not that it means much of anything at all, but McDermott and Pegula met with him last year. 

http://billswire.usatoday.com/2017/04/10/2017-nfl-draft-bills-ownership-dined-with-qb-deshone-kizer-after-workout/

One of those high level meetings....and somehow the Bills ended up with Mr. High Level Meeting hissself.  Savior Peterman!

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

I thought about him as an option. Not as “the option” but he’s a young guy with talent. He’s be a much better investment than Peterman. He has upside.

Since moving up into the top 6 to get one of the top QBs is going to cost a lot, I don't think picking up Kizer as the young development backup and maki g a move for Foles to start is a bad way to go. Kizer was once expected to be a top QB in the draft, its not like anyone has looked good or developed well in Cleveland 

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

To me it's the same reason that Peterman is not going to be on the roster next year though. They are highly likely to draft a QB of the future. And free agency is before the draft. And they want a veteran bridge QB to start and to mentor the kid. So I don't see them having Kizer and Mayfield or Rudolph or Allen or Jackson or whomever. It doesn't make much sense to me unless they wait on the franchise guy. 

1 minute ago, bobobonators said:

What the hell am i missing here. Kizer to start? And some of you would be OK with this? The same 11TD 22INT, 50% comp Kizer? That Kizer? Starting? 

W. T. F. 

I would trade for him to start, but i would have him compete with someone else for a chance to start. The Browns are horrible, i wouldnt take stats from someone playing for them too seriously

1 minute ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

I watched a lot of him 2 years ago. He's way better than Peterman. While he still needs work, I wouldn't be shocked to see him have a McCown type career. Peterman is most likely to have a Tuel type career.

Kessler may end up being better than Peterman but I watched him too (unfortunately) and I think they have same ceiling. Backup.

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

To me it's the same reason that Peterman is not going to be on the roster next year though. They are highly likely to draft a QB of the future. And free agency is before the draft. And they want a veteran bridge QB to start and to mentor the kid. So I don't see them having Kizer and Mayfield or Rudolph or Allen or Jackson or whomever. It doesn't make much sense to me unless they wait on the franchise guy. 

I dont think they get the chance at any of the top 4 guys unless they are willing to give up most of their draft this year. And seeing how they want to build through the draft, they have alot of goles to fill with those picks. I could see them picking up Kizer as the development potential future starter to go along with a bridge QB and take another chance on a later qb this year.

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

He was hanging out at the Curtiss Hotel over the weekend and twitter saying  he is moving there... interesting 

Is it a single room occupancy hotel?

Anyway, not even it was him, his brother and a pound of roast beef with horseradish between them.

Kizer in his rookie year this year threw for more yards and rushed for more tds than tt he also threw more ints than tds..he seemed to get better when josh gordan got into the lineup..even had a 314 passing game with 61 yards rushing late in the year against the steelers

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, apuszczalowski said:

I dont think they get the chance at any of the top 4 guys unless they are willing to give up most of their draft this year. And seeing how they want to build through the draft, they have alot of goles to fill with those picks. I could see them picking up Kizer as the development potential future starter to go along with a bridge QB and take another chance on a later qb this year.

Yep. Exactly why I said unless they wait on the franchise guy. That may be the play depending on the veteran backup. I think we are obviously going to know a lot more about the direction before the draft. If they have a guy like Kizer and a guy like Bridgewater or Foles or even Tyrod, I doubt we draft a QB high. 

4 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

I would trade for him to start, but i would have him compete with someone else for a chance to start. The Browns are horrible, i wouldnt take stats from someone playing for them too seriously

I guess anything is possible. I didnt get the hype while at ND and he was horrible last year; granted it’s Cleveland. But Cleveland does have a little talent on offense around him and an offensive mind as HC.

it would be a ballsy move to go with Kizer and Peterman. We would need more competition than that, as you mentioned.