Brady's Legacy

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

We can throw stats out (even though they will help his case) and he is still beyond anyone else.

Look, I hate Tom Brady as much as anyone. I despise him. With that being said I’m not going to let my disdain cloud my judgement. He is the best ever. When he is done the gap will be even wider. He’s not chasing QBs anymore he’s chasing MJ and others considered the greatest athlete of all-time.

Not MJ. I'd say Magic. He's great but not MJ.

4 minutes ago, Watkins101 said:

Yes, his record may be worse, but he made it to 8 superbowls. That is double Monatanna's

But more losses than Montana too. Lower winning percentage.

2 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Brady's legacy took a big hit last night.  He will retire with the most super bowl victories but also high on the list for super bowl losses, much like Jack Nicklaus who has the most 2nd place finishes in majors.  Golden Bear during the regular season, folding chair when it counts.

I don’t agree at all.  500 yards, 3 TD’s - They did not punt.

5-3 in Superbowls.  That’s actually ridiculous.  His legacy is the same - GOAT

Edited by Success

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Brady has earned his GOAT status.    

But if Montana had played in this era he'd have likely played 20 mostly healthy years too and the Niners probably win more SB's.    Defenses were simpler in his day........which is why the Niners WCO would carve them up........but those defenses were also MUCH more violent.......and that violence was what un-did Montana.   It was something of a miracle that he played as long as he did in that environment.  Guys like Brady and Rodgers almost certainly have had much shorter careers in those days.    

It's very possible IMO that if you put Brady on those 49 teams he's not as good as Montana or Young. He's great. And he's throwing to Jerry friggin Rice. But he gets hit and hurt and flustered a lot more and just isn't as effective. And then if you put Montana on the Pats. He's great and they win a few Super Bowls. But he's not as great as Brady. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

Every team in their era had the same "luxury." That's my point. Again you are judging team to team and using that to say Brady is the GOAT. Sounds like you've started making excuses.

We can never know. That's the point.

Yes, it was easy to keep a dominant team together. You can’t do that anymore. Do you think that the NFL rules are moving towards more teams being able to win a championship or less? I can show you the evidence of balance now vs. then. It is infinitely harder to win in this era! It is mind-numbing that someone would think otherwise. Do you think that the Steelers would have been able to keep 9 HOFers in today’s NFL?!? Of course not!! Do you think you are more or less likely to win with 9 HOFers? 

5 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

Not MJ. I'd say Magic. He's great but not MJ.

I wouldn’t put him in the MJ category either but MJ is my favorite athlete ever. There is definitely some bias there. That’s the debate that they are talking about now though. 

2 minutes ago, Watkins101 said:

I know, I already said he lost more. That doesnt change that he actually made it there much more

It’s Skip Bayless’ big argument against Lebron.  Like it’s a bad thing for him to make the finals every year.  We shouldn’t be like Skip.

Yes, it was easy to keep a dominant team together. You can’t do that anymore. Do you think that the NFL rules are moving towards more teams being able to win a championship or less? I can show you the evidence of balance now vs. then. It is infinitely harder to win in this era! It is mind-numbing that someone would think otherwise. Do you think that the Steelers would have been able to keep 9 HOFers in today’s NFL?!? Of course not!! Do you think you are more or less likely to win with 9 HOFers? 

I wouldn’t put him in the MJ category either but MJ is my favorite athlete ever. There is definitely some bias there. That’s the debate that they are talking about now though. 

I think all teams in the era of the Steeler or 49er had all the same rules of the game. You are making excuses as to the composition of the team. It was the rules for all teams in the Era.

...and if you asked Montana he would say Brady. No one would ever say that they are the best (except maybe LeBron). 

:lol: @ except LeBron.

4 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

I think all teams in the era of the Steeler or 49er had all the same rules of the game. You are making excuses as to the composition of the team. It was the rules for all teams in the Era.

:lol: @ except LeBron.

I’m saying that it was easier to win if your team had 9 HOFers. Do you not agree with that? If you have a great team with 9 HOFers you should win. When there is parity a dynasty is much more difficult to achieve. 

2 minutes ago, Success said:

It’s Skip Bayless’ big argument against Lebron.  Like it’s a bad thing for him to make the finals every year.  We shouldn’t be like Skip.

I'm a fan of LeBron but saying he's the GOAT is also stupid. He's not top 5 right now. For Basketball I do have a list

1. MJ

2. Kareem

3. Wilt

4. Russell

5. Duncan

6. Bryant

1 minute ago, CuddyDark said:

I'm a fan of LeBron but saying he's the GOAT is also stupid. He's not top 5 right now. For Basketball I do have a list

1. MJ

2. Kareem

3. Wilt

4. Russell

5. Duncan

6. Bryant

I agree - MJ is still the best.  But Skip’s reasoning is dumb, imo.

I’m saying that it was easier to win if your team had 9 HOFers. Do you not agree with that? If you have a great team with 9 HOFers you should win. When there is parity a dynasty is much more difficult to achieve. 

No I don't agree because it was the rules of the time. There were other great teams opposing them, also with HOF talent. Again you are changing the argument to team composition.

There is no reasonable question in my mind that he will go down as the GOAT.   He's done more with less and the sheer amount of comebacks and the sort of comebacks is very Jordanesque in the sense that he just takes over.   Elway was great and talented but doesn't come close in the conversation as GOAT and Montana was a great system fit for the 49ers but I don't believe for a split second that he would have been as successful as Brady with the Patriots.

11 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I still can't believe he carved the vaunted Eagles defense for 505 yards and led 5 touchdown drives with 3 TD passes.  The only sack happens to be a strip fumble on the most important drive in the game.

Patriots probably win if Brady doesn't fumble, darn  the had luck :devil: