Brady's Legacy

1 hour ago, Success said:

You know why he’s the GOAT?

Because while many won’t admit it, they were completely nervous when he had just over a minute with no timeouts, and had to go 92 yards AND get a 2 point conversion.

Now this I can't argue.  One qb with the game on the line?  Has to be Brady.  How many times have we seen it?

Okay so I actually just looked this up and he actually trails Peyton Manning in both of these categories as well lol.

Peyton is my goat qb for this era.  I know this isn't a ridiculous metric but;  Manning 10-6, hurt colts 2-14.  Brady 16-0, hurt pats without him 11-5.  The Pats are still a good team without Brady.  The Colts were atrocious without Manning.  Manning dragged some really bad defenses with him.  Brady won his first 3 on the backs of his defenses.  Brady is unbelievably great I just think Peyton was a better qb.

2 minutes ago, section122 said:

Now this I can't argue.  One qb with the game on the line?  Has to be Brady.  How many times have we seen it?

Okay so I actually just looked this up and he actually trails Peyton Manning in both of these categories as well lol.

Peyton is my goat qb for this era.  I know this isn't a ridiculous metric but;  Manning 10-6, hurt colts 2-14.  Brady 16-0, hurt pats without him 11-5.  The Pats are still a good team without Brady.  The Colts were atrocious without Manning.  Manning dragged some really bad defenses with him.  Brady won his first 3 on the backs of his defenses.  Brady is unbelievably great I just think Peyton was a better qb.

I love Manning and argued him as the best for years.  I hate when people say Brady is the best because of the superbowls.  Brady played under the greatest coach, and for a much more well run organization.

It’s eye test for me.  Regular season, Manning was a comeback machine, and very clutch.  While I don’t think he was a “choker” postseason, he definitely wasn’t as good, and there were a few big moments where he seemed to shrink - almost like he didn’t want to be there.

By contrast, Brady seems to live for those moments in the biggest stage.  Ice water in the veins.  It’s a pretty rare quality in athletes, and the only guy I’d put on that level is Jordan.

Manning is more like Lebron.  Amazing and both more clutch than they are given credit for, but they also have disappeared at key times.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kelly the Dog said:

It's very possible IMO that if you put Brady on those 49 teams he's not as good as Montana or Young. He's great. And he's throwing to Jerry friggin Rice. But he gets hit and hurt and flustered a lot more and just isn't as effective. And then if you put Montana on the Pats. He's great and they win a few Super Bowls. But he's not as great as Brady. 

Yeah the eras are different enough that it's hard to tell.  

The 80's and early 90's were a lot kinder to big sturdy-type pocket statue QB's who might not have had the chops to be great in this era and by the same token guys like Chris "chandelier" Chandler and Chris Miller who couldn't stay healthy back then may have been great in today's game.

1 minute ago, Success said:

By contrast, Brady seems to live for those moments in the biggest stage.  Ice water in the veins.  It’s a pretty rare quality in athletes, and the only guy I’d put on that level is Jordan.

Manning is more like Lebron.  Amazing and both more clutch than they are given credit for, but they also have disappeared at key times.

I really like this comparison.  :thumbsup:  

I think as well Jordan's teams are better than given credit and LeBron's has dragged some bad teams to long playoff runs.

24 minutes ago, section122 said:

I really like this comparison.  :thumbsup:  

I think as well Jordan's teams are better than given credit and LeBron's has dragged some bad teams to long playoff runs.

That’s a great point.  Pippen’s Bulls had 54 wins when Jordan took his baseball break, and almost made the finals.

Lebron and Manning both carried some otherwise mediocre teams to great heights...

11 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Has Brady hit the cliff?

Max Kellerman saw "warning flags" from Tom Brady in the Super Bowl, but next season will officially show if Brady's age has caught up to him.

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=22332161

yes, those 500 yards are terrible! Big Cliff.  I just want my QB to hit 200 yards on average and 300 1 time per year!

3 minutes ago, KW95 said:

yes, those 500 yards are terrible! Big Cliff.  I just want my QB to hit 200 yards on average and 300 1 time per year!

did you listen to the video?    

When you play against a prevent d that allows 15 to 20 yards per pass 4 or 5 times on a (one) drive ....  the yards rack up.  Tommy Boy's short game was bad,

Also he gained a lot of yards on deep bombs and  blown coverage's. 

After the game Tom's balls were deflated big time 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

3 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

did you listen to the video?    

When you play against a prevent d that allows 15 to 20 yards per pass 4 or 5 times on a (one) drive ....  the yards rack up.  Tommy Boy's short game was bad,

Also he gained a lot of yards on deep bombs and  blown coverage's. 

After the game Tom's balls were deflated big time 

Oh my God,,,dude just won the MVP of the league...

Did you watch the Jags game where he was pinpoint accurate?

15 minutes ago, KW95 said:

Oh my God,,,dude just won the MVP of the league...

Did you watch the Jags game where he was pinpoint accurate?

MVP voted by whom?    Not me.   There were plenty of other players worthy.  

Jags game?  Where he was 0 for 10 or 12 on 3rd down efficiency up until late in the game and finished 3-12 in 3rd down conversions? 

Have you been paying attention?    When the announcer said 0 for 10  on 3rd down,  I couldn't believe my ears.  

is 27-39 pinpoint?  If so Bortles was RED HOT pinpoint accurate going 23-36 for 273  yards

Tom was practically matched play by play by backup QB's 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Just now, ShadyBillsFan said:

MVP voted by whom?    Not me.   There were plenty of other players worthy.  

Jags game?  Where he was 0 for 10 or 12 on 3rd down efficiency up until late in the game and finished 3-12 in 3rd down conversions? 

Have you been paying attention?    When the announcer said 0 for 10  on 3rd down,  I couldn't believe my ears.  

You mean against that Jags defence that killed the Bills? That Jags defence that was the hardest hitting defence in the league?  With players like Hogan, Amendola?

Give me a break.  GO see the passes he made to Amendola against the Jags.

Bills can only dream of having a QB in DECLINE like Brady is...

Funny part of it all...how fast you forget dude had a thumb wrapped in stitches on his throwing hand..

Cheers,

Im done.

2 minutes ago, KW95 said:

You mean against that Jags defence that killed the Bills? That Jags defence that was the hardest hitting defence in the league?  With players like Hogan, Amendola?

Give me a break.  GO see the passes he made to Amendola against the Jags.

Bills can only dream of having a QB in DECLINE like Brady is...

Funny part of it all...how fast you forget dude had a thumb wrapped in stitches on his throwing hand..

Cheers,

Im done.

hahhahahaha  Tyrod Freaking Taylor  and his lousy 3 point games.  Oh you got me there!!!   a 10 - 3 victory.  

Actually I have been dreaming of a QB for the last decade.  Even more so these past 3 years! 

Just now, ShadyBillsFan said:

hahhahahaha  Tyrod Freaking Taylor  and his lousy 3 point games.  Oh you got me there!!!   a 10 - 3 victory.  

Listen to you man...Wake up. 

Brady just came off a 500 yard passing game. Brady was the MVP of the league.

His short passing lost accuracy..give me a break.